Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484283 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13275 on: May 02, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »
Unlos, great work as always!

I wish we could get something more about Bjarni at some point. :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13276 on: May 02, 2020, 05:33:01 PM »
Great work, Unlos! I've wondered many times how SSSS characters would look if they were designed in a more realistic way*. Any chance that you will try drawing the main team in this style?

* Maybe someone already did that, I haven't check all the Forum yet...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13277 on: May 02, 2020, 07:47:15 PM »
Ensi and Bjarni look great, Unlos!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13278 on: May 02, 2020, 11:00:24 PM »
Unlos, that photorealistic style is amazing. I especially like Ensi.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #13279 on: May 02, 2020, 11:22:34 PM »
Ooh, Unlos, your style is really cool! And it's great to see art of Bjarni - he isn't very often featured, but he seems like a cool guy.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13280 on: May 03, 2020, 06:06:58 PM »
These are awesome protraits, Unlos! Really nice to see these characters in a more realistic style!
And I agree with Grey, it'd be great to see the main crew in this style  :))
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #13281 on: May 04, 2020, 12:36:27 PM »
Thank you all!

TheGreyArea, as for earlier efforts, my archive senses are tingling. Smirty's Sigrun and Sc0uts Emil and Lalli made big impressions on me, so I've managed to dig them out for you:

(..snip..)

Full version here: http://gallery.smirtouille.com/15/Fanart-Sigrun.jpg

I felt like celebrating today's page, so here's a sketch of my OTP our dear freshly-confirmed friends :) I think I made Lalli prettier than he's supposed to be, but somehow I regret nothing?? How strange.

And now I'm nostalgic. There were more, but since I don't remember who painted them it's harder for me to find. (I did make versions of both Onni, Tuuri, and Mikkel at the time buut I'm happy to say there's been some development in my art since then so I'll think about redraws when I'm done with the assignments I have XD)

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #13282 on: May 04, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
(...snip..)

Also, I have a tumblr related question, in case someone’s more familiar with how it works than I am:
Does a post need to have at least one note so as to be visible on the “recent” section when searching a tag? I’m asking this because the tumblr version of my Lalli drawing doesn’t have any notes and it doesn’t appear on the recent section on any of the tags that I added to it.
Should I reblog it so as to make it visible to the “general population” of tumblr and not just the few followers that I have?

I think it was the link that did it, LilG. Tumblr tags don't work properly when you have links in your post, sadly.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #13283 on: May 04, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »
Thank you all!

TheGreyArea, as for earlier efforts, my archive senses are tingling. Smirty's Sigrun and Sc0uts Emil and Lalli made big impressions on me, so I've managed to dig them out for you:

And now I'm nostalgic. There were more, but since I don't remember who painted them it's harder for me to find. (I did make versions of both Onni, Tuuri, and Mikkel at the time buut I'm happy to say there's been some development in my art since then so I'll think about redraws when I'm done with the assignments I have XD)

Unlos, those are fantastic! Smirty's has an amazing colouring work, and ScOuts boys are so real (they just look a bit too young, as the teenager versions of them :) ) Thank you very much, and I'll be looking forward to see your new versions! (I may even try some myself, but that will have to wait a little more...)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #13284 on: May 04, 2020, 02:46:45 PM »
They are teenagers! The boys are both 19 in Adventure 1. I especially love Emil!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #13285 on: May 04, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
They are teenagers! The boys are both 19 in Adventure 1. I especially love Emil!
Yes, you're right. But I was thinking more in the line of "they seem to be 15, 16 at most". Maybe it's their relaxed, happy look...

LilG

« Reply #13286 on: May 05, 2020, 05:50:55 PM »
Unlos, Firstly, I really like the painted, realistic look of all the “six fanarts” drawings, well done ;D! My favorite is probably the Hannu one, with lil’ Ville rabbit on his head.

I think it was the link that did it, LilG. Tumblr tags don't work properly when you have links in your post, sadly.
Secondly, thank you so much for the response to my question! I thought it had gone completely unnoticed or ignored.
It seems to have done the trick. My reupload (from which I’ve removed all the links) does show up in the “recent” section. My last drawing before this one also had a link to another tumblr post of mine, but it showed up and still shows up in the “recent” section. So, I guess the main issue might have been the links leading to external sources, or how many there were, or both...

Also, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but do you happen to know the technicalities of why tags don’t work with links in the post, or do you just know of this from personal experience?
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #13287 on: May 06, 2020, 11:40:41 AM »
LilG, thanks and you're welcome!

As for your question, it's Tumblr policy. Internal links (that is, to other Tumblr posts) work fine, external links don't and so you'll have a wealth of "how to get around it" posts if you google "tumblr external links". I haven't really kept an eye on how my posts do in the tags, but I've seen the link information flash across my dash a couple of times.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13288 on: May 06, 2020, 09:13:29 PM »
Thanks, I didn't know that either!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LilG

« Reply #13289 on: May 07, 2020, 03:36:21 PM »
Thanks for that bit of info.

I think it’s quite dumb that tumblr’s like that. Like, is that their attempt at “safety”, so that nobody puts a malicious link in their post? Wouldn’t it be more ok to let people decide wether they want to access the link on their own, instead of censoring the post entirely from search results?
Is their actual reasoning behind this stated somewhere in their terms of service?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:39:21 PM by LilG »
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france: