Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484308 times)

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13260 on: April 21, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »
Ooohhhh, ******, you're right.  oooohhhhh
I knew something was wrong but I though it was the length of the fingers
*stomp stomp* What a newbie mistake, that's what I get for running with a no-pencils drawing that I did in 20 minutes *wail wail*
But thank you so much for pointing it out!

Hey, it's digital, I bet I can fix it!
Haha don't worry about it, drawing hands *is* hard (they're so full of fingers!) And as I said, it's not very obvious at first glance.

And yep, you can always use the  :sparkle: magic of digital :sparkle: !

So, it’s Emil putting the wreath on Lalli. And wearing Lalli’s gloves :)
Mh scratch that. Don't change it. I like Jitter's idea better x)
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13261 on: April 21, 2020, 09:21:18 PM »
Jitter's idea works if you substitute Reynir, who does wear gloves like that?  (she asked hopefully)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LilG

« Reply #13262 on: April 24, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »
I don’t know how many people in the ssss fandom are familiar with Hotline Miami, but, just like my first ever drawing for this fandom, I’m gonna try to explain to the best of my abilities the similarities that led to the creation of this drawing :)

So, in the first Hotline Miami game you play as Jacket, a quiet, reserved individual who’s traumatized by a past event in his life which resulted in the loss of someone close to him (seeing the similarities yet?). One day, he gets a strange phone call that tells him to put on the chicken mask that he had just unexpectedly received, go to a place and do some stuff. He does what he’s told to do... and also the next time he’s called, and the next one, and so on and so forth... He does all of this without any questions and without saying a single word against it. Lets just say that a lot of people ceased to be... er, functional, due to his actions.

I won’t go into WHY he does that, but the way he so cold heartedly does everything he’s told to do, without any questions at all, reminded me very much of how Lalli used to be when the crew first met him, and also how he behaved (or was trained to be like by his grandma) long before that meeting. I also wanted to draw a more morbid and even colder version of Lalli (possibility him if he lived in modern times and joined a gang or the mafia). I also replaced the common and well-known chicken mask of Jacket and Richard with a lynx mask (I hope it looks like it) so as to better suit him and his Luonto. And, I replaced his main weapon of choice with a fire axe instead of the baseball bat *cough* name *cough* Finnish mythology *cough*, sorry, must be all those cigarettes my avatar’s been smoking...

I have plans to draw all of the other crew members as HM characters at some point, though I can’t say that will happen in the near future, due to how I am with drawing things. At best it might take a few months to draw the next thing, at worst a few millennia years. Lets just hope the God Emperor of Mankind doesn’t kick the bucket 40 thousand years from now in his piss-yellow HERESY! *BANG* golden throne before I finish something.

Some inspiration was taken from this image with the skin shading and it might have also contributed to me wanting to draw this ;)
It’s probably one of my personal favorites and one of the most beautifully drawn and colored fanarts I’ve ever seen for this fandom, so I applaud whoever drew this for Guardian G.I. :D

For those of you who’d like to read more about Jacket and Hotline Miami as a whole, here’s the link to the wiki

Aaaand... here’s a link to the game’s steam page, in case my drawing and brief description of the game’s plot made you want to go on a rampage while listening to banger synthwave music and also press the R key a lot ;)

(Tumblr post)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 04:16:11 PM by LilG »
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13263 on: April 24, 2020, 06:21:32 PM »
Gaelle, the "Lalli's presents" drawings are truly marvelous, both in concept and execution! *bows respectfully*
(I even "borrowed", a little, your shampoo idea... You will see in my contribution for the chapter break filler, tomorrow. I believe you won't mind :) )

Wave, that's a lovely Lalli! Emil would surely think that too...

Lilg, colours and concept are great! Should we cue the Miami Vice theme in the background?
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Joe Steele

• i can't believe you've done this
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #13264 on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:27 PM »
I was thinking about how the nordic flags might change in a world where no one remembers Christianity, and I came up with these for Finland.
Spoiler: show

Flag 1. The symbol in the middle is a Tursaansydän.

Flag 2.

I also produced a flag for the Nordic Council, based on the rejected EU flag. https://i.redd.it/xos719oc7awz.png
Native: 🇺🇸
Learning: 🇩🇪 🇸🇪
Want to Learn: 🇫🇮

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13265 on: April 25, 2020, 05:06:19 AM »
Gaelle, the "Lalli's presents" drawings are truly marvelous, both in concept and execution! *bows respectfully*
(I even "borrowed", a little, your shampoo idea... You will see in my contribution for the chapter break filler, tomorrow. I believe you won't mind :) )
Already expressed my opinion on your piece on the chapter break filler thread but I'll bow respectfully at you here too. *bows while taking off hat* x)
And of course I don't mind you borrowing the shampoo idea! Everyone's always welcome to write or draw stuff inspired by my art, just as I'm inspired by this fandom's creativity ^^
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

LilG

« Reply #13266 on: April 25, 2020, 07:25:25 AM »
thegreyarea, I think that’s a bit too happy for what Lalli might be feeling right now (complete and utter apathy, that is). Maybe Crockett’s Theme would better suit him in his car, calmly driving home after a night of decapitations...

Joe Steele, those do look like possible flag designs, with the presence of that more traditional symbol that would define the way the Finnish people have reverted to older, more traditional ways.
Slight rambling under spoiler:
Though, I don’t think they’d change the flag because of a lack of Christian knowledge, since most of the Icelandic and Finnish population don’t know what Christianity is and they still retain their flags in-comic. Maybe, if the opposite was actually true and most people knew what the cross meant, they’d change the flag to better suit them. Right now, I think the main reason for keeping their old flags is that it’s such a minor issue that nobody really cares and they’d much rather be thinking what they should be doing that day and how to continue to prosper, but it might also just be Minna’s choice.

I also like the concept for the Nordic Council and EU flag, but I can see why they rejected it. It’s a bit trippy and hard to look at without hurting your eyes or getting dizzy, but the NC one that you made is a bit more tame and more comfortable to look at, due to there not being as many colors as on the EU one.
Good job, overall! :)

Also, I have a tumblr related question, in case someone’s more familiar with how it works than I am:
Does a post need to have at least one note so as to be visible on the “recent” section when searching a tag? I’m asking this because the tumblr version of my Lalli drawing doesn’t have any notes and it doesn’t appear on the recent section on any of the tags that I added to it.
Should I reblog it so as to make it visible to the “general population” of tumblr and not just the few followers that I have?
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

Joe Steele

« Reply #13267 on: April 25, 2020, 12:45:00 PM »
I made a new flag for Denmark as well, based on the old flag of Pocatello, Idaho.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13268 on: April 25, 2020, 02:25:14 PM »
I made a new flag for Denmark as well, based on the old flag of Pocatello, Idaho.
(Not to rain on your parade, but the Danes are quite proud of the Dannebrog being the (pre-Rash) world's oldest national flag, so I don't quite expect them to want to update it, especially with the post-Rash Danes supposedly still being "hung up" on their past. They might try to make your suggestion into novel livestock, though ... ;) )
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Joe Steele

« Reply #13269 on: April 25, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »
Alright, three for Sweden:

The thing in the middle looks vaguely like this symbol.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mj%C3%B6lnir And also like a boat...which Sweden also has?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13270 on: April 27, 2020, 03:27:29 AM »
A small Lalli from my six fanarts challenge (full triptych over in the Forum Art Museum thread), getting ideas in his head after watching Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul battling with light sabers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:30:35 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #13271 on: April 27, 2020, 12:21:29 PM »
Well, I immediately thought he was thinking in Sting, Frodo's blue-glowing sword...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13272 on: April 27, 2020, 11:09:32 PM »
That's an adorable expression on Lalli's face, Wave

Well, I immediately thought he was thinking in Sting, Frodo's blue-glowing sword...
Would be handy if it glowed blue when trolls were near! Although I guess Lalli kind of already has some ability to sense their presence...
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13273 on: April 29, 2020, 02:17:01 AM »
That's an adorable expression on Lalli's face, Wave
Would be handy if it glowed blue when trolls were near! Although I guess Lalli kind of already has some ability to sense their presence...
Lalli does have the glowy blue eyes already.  But, I only had red and blue to use as his inspirations, and there was no way I was going to use red in this context! 
I guess I can recycle the image if I ever include Bilbo Baggins in such a challenge in the future.  :o

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #13274 on: May 02, 2020, 03:22:46 PM »
So many wonderful arts in here since last I checked! Some I have seen before and some are new, and I love them all so much!

Joe Steele, your flags concepts are cool! The Danish one however made me break out in a laugh (sorry, but it's Just So Hilarious to me). Denmark is flat flat flaaat.

The mountains on that flag makes it a contradiction in terms. Or, I supposed it could be Himmelbjerget (The Mountain of Heaven next highest point in Denmark with - 147 m elevation).

Oh, and I bring arts for the museum. I did the six character challenge, two of them (Ensi and Bjarni) were from Stand still stay silent: