Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484105 times)

LilG

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13155 on: March 20, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »
Yeah, those type of comments have their own place on the mature board, not so much in the comments of the pages themselves.
Native :romania:
Fluent :uk:
Sucks at :france:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13156 on: March 21, 2020, 01:56:49 AM »
Perhaps more appropriately, I have coloured the picture I made in time for Unlos' birthday earlier this week, and imported a suitable background. 
I had characters from 3 of our shared fandoms, including SSSS, present her with yummy pannekaken and cakes.
So, Selva Chopper and a Cheshire Cat representing Namesake (since one of the characters there is a pancake maven, I have included Norwegian pancakes from him), followed by Zeetha Daughter of Chump & Krosp Emperor of Cats from Girl Genius come with a totally non-drugged cake, and lastly our own Reynir and Pusekatt bringing dream cake.

Spoiler: image without background • show

Transparent

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:05:19 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13157 on: March 21, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »
That is gorgeous! Hope Unlos liked it!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13158 on: March 21, 2020, 03:58:32 AM »
That is gorgeous! Hope Unlos liked it!
She did indeed - the lineart was what she was referring to in the Birthday Thread, not sure she's seen the coloured version yet.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

LilG

« Reply #13159 on: March 21, 2020, 04:57:08 AM »
Looks cool with the live background. It gives off a "Ralph Bakshi" vibe, with all the different looking characters in the irl setting. Or maybe a better comparison would be "Who framed Roger Rabbit", since it's the most well known type of movie with 2D characters in a live action setting.

Either way, really like the aesthetic :)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13160 on: March 21, 2020, 05:23:03 AM »
Ooh, somebody else knows Bakshi’s work! I sat through Wizards a dozen times, in the cinema, with a young friend who later became a professional animator, while he asked me to compare the muscle movements in the cartoon to real muscle movement, in the scene where Weehawk climbs the wall. And Roger Rabbit was a delight.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13161 on: March 21, 2020, 05:24:55 AM »
Oohh, I love the colored version as well, and with a festive 17th of may Karl Johan's street in the background!
The celebrations will be ...different this year, but I love having this as consolation  ;D

LilG

« Reply #13162 on: March 21, 2020, 08:21:01 AM »
Ooh, somebody else knows Bakshi’s work! I sat through Wizards a dozen times, in the cinema, with a young friend who later became a professional animator, while he asked me to compare the muscle movements in the cartoon to real muscle movement, in the scene where Weehawk climbs the wall. And Roger Rabbit was a delight.

I haven’t really seen much of his works, only the lord of the rings and wizards.

The lord of the rings was the first one that I saw, a couple of years ago on tv. I was actually expecting it to be the modern, live action version, so I was kind of disappointed, thinking that it was some cheap, obscure, direct to DVD movie, let alone that it wasn’t the live action that I had expected.
I didn’t watch it all back then, but I’ll definitely rewatch it all at some point, this time with the knowledge of what I should expect and maybe this will give me a better viewing experience.

I saw wizards a couple of months ago on YouTube and it was... interesting, to say the least. For me, some of the interactions and dialogue were a bit awkward and I felt like some scenes just stretched out for way too long. The story was a bit weird and random at times, especially the ending and the way he just pulled a gun out of nowhere, while throughout the movie he had been advocating for the use of magic instead of technological weapons.
I dunno, maybe I didn’t pay too much attention to it and that’s why the story seemed so random, or maybe it just isn’t my cup of tea and I’m too young or not part of the group it’s meant for. Either way the visuals, while trippy, are quite nice at times.

I’m planning to see more of his movies in the near future and also see Roger Rabbit in it’s entirety, not just some clips of the better scenes.

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
« Reply #13163 on: March 21, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »
the colors are so spring-like and cheery! also Kitty is so floof awww
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13164 on: March 22, 2020, 04:49:40 AM »
Heeee, thanks all.  With the wildly differing colourings of the six characters, I couldn't keep a limited palette, so decided to just colour them as best as I could from their respective canons. 
I am familiar with Bakshi's work, but haven't seen any since I was a teenager, and I was really put off then.  It could stand a revisit, as could Roger Rabbit.  I always thought the love story of Jessica and Roger was the best part, frankly, so much more human than any of the 3D characters.  (No spoilers here, nuh-uh.)
The original background was going to be a small crowd of characters from their canons, cheering them on.  I dutifully chipped away at my drawing to make the background transparent, and then lacked the motivation to draw a bunch of characters who were just going to be covered up by the dense foreground!  So then I wanted celebration, outdoors, and Norway to honour Unlos, and ....that was what I came up with. (I learnt so much making it, really.)  I'm glad it will bring you joy, Unlos.

Dan_Urios

• Digital illustrator
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #13165 on: March 26, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
Heeeeeeeey! I'm back!
After a long long while, I'm back to doing SSSS fan arts. It's been rough, but don't cry for me because here I bring a very troubled very naked Emil, because that's what I do to my favorite characters: hurt them.
Anyway, here he is! Dance for me, monkey, dance!!

Find more of my art (SSSS related too) here!
Hi! My name is Dan, and I'm a digital illustrator based in Spain. If you wanna check my sfw work (like other SSSS fanart) here's my INSTAGRAM. Also, all of my social media accounts are HERE and my commissions are OPEN!

Fluent in: :es: :us: and

Learning: :de: :fi:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13166 on: March 26, 2020, 07:49:16 PM »
Whooooaaa the hair texture is so cool! And the shadows! And the lighting!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #13167 on: March 27, 2020, 03:38:35 AM »
Beautiful!! (the drawing AND Emil, of course ;) )
I love all the little details you put in this, like the pupil of the eye in the light being smaller than the one in the shadow. Speaking of lighting, it looks very natural and really gives that angsty feel to the drawing. Great job!!
*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #13168 on: March 27, 2020, 04:14:04 AM »
Waw, that is really a nice one ! It is so net, really detailed.
I was just wondering something, people with blond hair can have a different eyebrow color ? It just hit me that yes, Emil has darker eyebrows but I was wondering if it is naturally possible ?

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #13169 on: March 27, 2020, 06:47:12 AM »
I was just wondering something, people with blond hair can have a different eyebrow color ? It just hit me that yes, Emil has darker eyebrows but I was wondering if it is naturally possible ?
It happens and is actually more frequent than having them the exact same color. That said, blond and black certainly is a rather extreme case ... unless you're a character in a web comic and your creator wants your facial expressions to pop out. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15