Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484517 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #13050 on: October 04, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »
Day 4 brings the prompt Freeze and... I think I did the exact same art last year as well:

oh wait it was 2017 and "breath":
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #13051 on: October 04, 2019, 07:24:19 PM »
It's really cool to see people redraw the same art, honestly. The 2017 one's cute, but your proportions have gotten better for the 2019 one! And the wind looks super intense in this year's drawing.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #13052 on: October 05, 2019, 05:17:27 AM »
A clutch of InkTobers, again with the theme of Jobs Mikkel Madsen Has Been Fired From.

Day 2 - Mindless

Then there was the time Mikkel had a job (briefly) as a dishwasher. He can’t remember where, and it doesn’t really matter.

Day 3 - Bait

Mikkel quite enjoyed baiting his boss by telling diners about the day’s specials during his time as a waiter. “We have some salted pork casserole aged from last week, served with what I can only presume is boiled carrots, which may also be leftover from last week. We also have fresh fish, bought from the bait shop just this morning! This is poached in the water from the salted pork, and served with, you guessed it, boiled carrots! And third, we have a delightful reduction of barnacle stock…”
(note to self - the ponytail works)

Day 4 - Freeze

Mikkel secured a great job working in the food-growing greenhouses in Iceland, until the snowy day he left a back door wide open.

Day 5 - Build

“Measure twice, cut once.” Or something like that.

Day 6 - Husky

Mikkel’s career as a fashion model never really took off. (Maybe because the portfolio of his more photogenic twin Michael got him the gig in the first place.)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:38:35 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13053 on: October 07, 2019, 03:43:51 PM »
Weeeelll, okay. *ahem*
In honour of Sigrun's birthday,  :sigrun: :sigrun: :sigrun: I've done a double InkTober:

She is graceful, refined, sipping nettle tea at a delightful retreat, so poised, so …

…oh thank the gods, it’s just a dream. Please tell me that will never happen to me when I get old!

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #13054 on: October 07, 2019, 10:51:21 PM »
Weeeelll, okay. *ahem*
In honour of Sigrun's birthday,  :sigrun: :sigrun: :sigrun: I've done a double InkTober:

She is graceful, refined, sipping nettle tea at a delightful retreat, so poised, so …

…oh thank the gods, it’s just a dream. Please tell me that will never happen to me when I get old!

Bless this inktober. It's perfect.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13055 on: October 07, 2019, 11:37:31 PM »
These are all good. Especially like Freeze and Sigrun’s nightmare.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13056 on: October 08, 2019, 05:04:55 AM »
 Thank you! For Sigrun, I am leaving it with a possibility that there's a touch of seithkona somewhere in the bloodline.

Azukidere

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #13057 on: October 08, 2019, 09:11:45 PM »
I’m starting to work on an animatic! It’s about a possible end to adventure 2.

It’s long, so the rest is under the spoiler!
Spoiler: show

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #13058 on: October 08, 2019, 09:54:04 PM »
I’m starting to work on an animatic! It’s about a possible end to adventure 2.

It’s long, so the rest is under the spoiler!

I don't know who you are or where you came from, but your art sings like a chorus of ten thousand angels.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Azukidere

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #13059 on: October 08, 2019, 10:15:30 PM »
I don't know who you are or where you came from, but your art sings like a chorus of ten thousand angels.

Aw, thanks! Oh and I just drew a simple Reynir/Onni thing:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13060 on: October 14, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »
Tally-ho, InkTober series of Jobs Mikkel Madsen has Been Fired From continues:

Day 8 - Frail
The customer had just paid an exhorbitant sum for the frail pre-Rash-era antique lace tablecloth, when shop assistant Mikkel got a little tangled up trying to package it.

(an experiment using wet wash and white ink in addition to the usual pens)

Day 9 - Swing
Somehow his young charge’s parents were not persuaded by Mikkel’s assertion that the Finns routinely try to swing over the top bar as a competitive sport, and their child could have a glittering sporting future ahead of them.

Day 10 - Pattern
Mikkel was not a gifted interior designer.

(my daughter labelled the two artworks 'Hansel & Gretel died in this house and they will watch over you forever')

Day 11 - Snow
Just a joke, to relieve the boredom of guarding the perimeter? Mikkel’s strenuous effort wasn’t appreciated.

(my husband accomplished this trick once)

Day 13 - Ash
Despite now being built in Mora each year, it’s still called the Gävle Goat, and it still burns down most years. Mikkel participates in the other regular ritual, the firing of the Goat’s security guards.

Day 14 - Overgrown
A contractor was called in to bring down an overgrown tree that was threatening a house. The contractor’s new arborist Mikkel said it was a simple matter to fell the tree, using the weight of the truck to ensure the tree would fall away from the house. He made a slight miscalculation of the weight of the tree versus the weight of the truck.

(my husband tells me this is a real thing that is talked about in 4WD circles - I'm not convinced by my rendering of it, but supposedly it's a real thing)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #13061 on: October 14, 2019, 08:23:03 PM »
Funny picture, and yes, it is a real thing, I’ve seen the results,which in that case included a flipped ute under the tree, because it was on a steep slope with muddy ground, and the fool was trying to make the tree fall up the slope.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13062 on: October 20, 2019, 08:10:03 PM »
Dump number next:

Day 15 - Legend, As a mapmaker's assistant, Mikkel was tasked with lettering in the legends on a map of Bornholm.

I also have to add onnenlintu's riposte, "It should be made plain that the label at the very bottom is obviously leading to an abandoned mineshaft or something, because no Nord worth his amply ingested salt would ever give away the location of the family-secret berry patch, and Mikkel thinks anyone silly enough to think they're getting this tip for free deserves the fall"

Day 16 - Wild, Mikkel never asserted to the crew of the Cattank that he knew anything about gathering wild foods - he learnt that lesson last time, the hard way.

Day 17 - Ornament, The customer at the tattoo parlour wanted lingonberries, cloudberries, and blackberries. They looked a bit like that when Mikkel was done, but more like an outbreak of Rash.

Day 18 - Misfit, Even on a crew posting with his twin brother Michael, Mikkel was always the misfit.

Day 19 - Sling, Mikkel was a good strong stevedore, but unfortunately ignored the note on the sling, ‘needs repair.’ An entire crate of eggs landed on top of a beehive awaiting transport.

We'll see how many more of these get done.  It's likely to get a lot more sporadic from here.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13063 on: October 22, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
Wavewright, your inktober pictures are so great, I love them so much!! Slowing down when it becomes a chore instead of a passtime is very understandable. Thank you very much for making and sharing these!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13064 on: October 22, 2019, 03:16:59 PM »
Wavewright, your inktober pictures are so great, I love them so much!! Slowing down when it becomes a chore instead of a passtime is very understandable. Thank you very much for making and sharing these!

Thanks for that.  I've kinda stopped because I am a bit emotionally beaten up at the mo and not feeling the comedy, but I might catch up.  I do appreciate the support.