Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483895 times)

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #585 on: January 09, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »

Quick and dirty and not exactly what I saw in my head, but I like the dog and cat interaction.

I really love the hatching. And the Lalli-cat.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #586 on: January 09, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »
What is Sigrun -- a ferret?  an otter?  Either looks like fun!

... stoat, weasel, polecat, mink ...

I think it's a weasel, as the brown colouration fits better. They are all quite, quite insane animals!
My one-and-only: :uk:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #587 on: January 09, 2015, 06:17:12 PM »
I painted a thing >"<

I've been wanting to do this for a while as there's something so gosh darn inspiring about Minna's work that just makes you want to be creative! The pages of lovely art on this forum are definite proof of that :D

Sigrun and Turri are having a snowball fight while Emil tries to build a snowman, which obviously collapses a bit - but is partially saved by Lalli who's always great for saving the day. Braidy is daydreaming and may or may not hit someone with the snowball in hand, and Mikkel is bringing hot drinks because he's Mikkel

I don't actually have access to a scanner big enough for A3 at the moment so photographing was the only way to get it online. It means the picture looks a bit funky (more than just because of the mediocre painting that is :P ), but I may be able to get a better copy in a few weeks if I remember ^_^

I hope people enjoy it! (Acryllic paint in case anyone was wondering)
Nice. Some weeks ago I might have attempted to correct you on the layout of the truck but at this point I think it's pretty clear that no one truly knows what is canon in that regard.

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #588 on: January 09, 2015, 06:30:49 PM »
It's wonderful!  I love Emil as the clueless golden retriever.  He was just being friendly -- why is the kitty hissing at him?   ;)

Tuuri as a squirrel and Mikkel as a workhorse are great fits too.  (I picture him as the huge Shire horse breed, with the big feathered hooves.)

What is Sigrun -- a ferret?  an otter?  Either looks like fun!

As she's going "dook, dook" it's most definitely a ferret :D (I don't have any myself, but a good friend of mine has three, and shares all sorts of ferretty things...)
Am notified of private messages via email.

asadderandawiserman

« Reply #589 on: January 09, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
Stuuuuuuupid stuff from IRC the other night....

Quick and dirty and not exactly what I saw in my head, but I like the dog and cat interaction.

This is really nice! I was just thinking the other day about what animals the SSSS crew would be. Obviously Lalli's a cat, and I definitely agree with Emil the dog, but I can't help seeing Mikkel as a (friendly) bear, and Tuuri is so a seal in my mind.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #590 on: January 09, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »
This is really nice! I was just thinking the other day about what animals the SSSS crew would be. Obviously Lalli's a cat, and I definitely agree with Emil the dog, but I can't help seeing Mikkel as a (friendly) bear, and Tuuri is so a seal in my mind.

Adds Tuuri as a selkie to my "list of things I want because of reasons"

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #591 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:05 PM »
Adds Tuuri as a selkie to my "list of things I want because of reasons"
oh my gooood Selkies are like my favorite mythical creatures YES PLEASE DRAW THIS
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #592 on: January 10, 2015, 03:53:16 AM »
oh my gooood Selkies are like my favorite mythical creatures YES PLEASE DRAW THIS

I kind of really want to but I already have so many things I'm supposed to draw ;n;
I guess this is what I get for promising to draw way too much stuff when I know how awful I am at getting stuff done

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #593 on: January 10, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
Write them down as a list of Good Ideas - NOT as a list of "things to do" because that creates pressure! It's much easier to go look at a lovely list of good ideas, drool over all the choices, and pick the one you like best that day than to feel forced to look at a list of things to do. :)
My one-and-only: :uk:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #594 on: January 10, 2015, 03:29:56 PM »
Write them down as a list of Good Ideas - NOT as a list of "things to do" because that creates pressure! It's much easier to go look at a lovely list of good ideas, drool over all the choices, and pick the one you like best that day than to feel forced to look at a list of things to do. :)

That's what I normally do. My attention span is simply way too short to be able to do things in an orderly fashion. But I've told several people I'm going to draw this or that, so I want to finish those things before I start anything else (whoops, I already failed)
Anyway, Sunflower asked for a Tuuri in a summer dress, and me and Solovei have been discussing modern-day outfits, so I'm combining them into a dress-wearing modern-day Tuuri (and the best part is that she's already halfway done!)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #595 on: January 12, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
Stuuuuuuupid stuff from IRC the other night....

Ah wow, this is so amazing! I love all the animal-characters, but Sigrun as a ferret is completely spot on ^_^

I've ferrets at home and Sigrun matches them in soooo many ways:
* They're ridiculously happy and enthusiastic about everything
* They're convinced that they're the cleverest and most bestest creatures on the entire planet
* They've claws and teeth, so are kinda deadly if provoked (hunting ones are a bit more nippy in general, but even domesticated ferrets will bite if suitably provoked)
* They get into supposedly locked and safe places and steal "valuables" at every opportunity!

Nice. Some weeks ago I might have attempted to correct you on the layout of the truck but at this point I think it's pretty clear that no one truly knows what is canon in that regard.

Yeah, I only noticed the door was on the wrong side after I'd started painting, but really wanted to have the nordic symbol in the picture so it stayed despite being a bit off >"< I'm also still not 100% sure what's happening with the top of the cat tank in general and that kinda showed. Any other wrong little things are probably just down to me not being able to draw, but they will improve with practice hopefully :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #596 on: January 12, 2015, 08:24:43 PM »
Oh god what was I thinking

I started the hugest project ever
And it's going to take an eternity to finish

Help

(said project is a lyrics+art thing)

Everything is very sketchy and unfinished, but I just had a really strong urge to post something .-. Please excuse my lame handwriting in the first drawing, it was just quickly scribbled down so I'd remember where the drawing goes in the song.

PS: These are just a few of the frames, in case you couldn't tell. I'm going to do the whole song *cries*

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #597 on: January 13, 2015, 04:36:11 AM »
Oh god what was I thinking

I started the hugest project ever
And it's going to take an eternity to finish

Help

(said project is a lyrics+art thing)

Everything is very sketchy and unfinished, but I just had a really strong urge to post something .-. Please excuse my lame handwriting in the first drawing, it was just quickly scribbled down so I'd remember where the drawing goes in the song.

PS: These are just a few of the frames, in case you couldn't tell. I'm going to do the whole song *cries*
HNNNNNNNGGGGG MY HEART.
Im going to guess from the raincoats that it's Aksel and his gal (who's name evades me) ? *clutches heeeeaaaaaaaarrrrtttttttttt*
Cant wait to see the rest! (or maybe I can...I need my heart functioning in order to liiiiiivvvvvve.. ;3)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

P__

« Reply #598 on: January 13, 2015, 06:04:29 AM »
HNNNNNNNGGGGG MY HEART.
Im going to guess from the raincoats that it's Aksel and his gal (who's name evades me) ? *clutches heeeeaaaaaaaarrrrtttttttttt*
Cant wait to see the rest! (or maybe I can...I need my heart functioning in order to liiiiiivvvvvve.. ;3)

exactly!!!!!!!!
also, "lame handwriting" say whaat?
also also, what's the song? is it something you wrote? :D
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #599 on: January 13, 2015, 11:06:23 AM »
HNNNNNNNGGGGG MY HEART.

You were right about the raincoats, it is indeed Aksel and Sigrun :3 And noooo, don't die :C

exactly!!!!!!!!
also, "lame handwriting" say whaat?
also also, what's the song? is it something you wrote? :D

Ayup, it really bugs me that the handwriting looks so sloppy. But it doesn't matter, I'll just change it later. Ahhh, I wish I could have used a song I wrote myself, but alas that would require me to have a certain amount of musical talent. The song is Immortal by Marina and the Diamonds. Listening to that song gives me way too many feels (especially if I think of SSSS), so obviously the only logical thing to do is make you all share my pain (in a totally non-evil way)

Hmm, maybe one day I can use something I wrote myself. It would have to be without a melody, though, because I don't know how to write music.