Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484119 times)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12840 on: December 21, 2018, 11:17:35 AM »
Chompy?? <3
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12841 on: December 21, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
*throws praise at everyone* Awesome art people, sorry I haven't commented on all of it!
Why do I find this cute.
because it is

I feel like I've drawn way to cutesy stuff lately so to remedy that I... doodled an Emil:
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

peeweevireo

« Reply #12842 on: December 25, 2018, 03:49:12 PM »
Ah... is that a drawing of Emil being crushed by a ladder? Oh no... it's neat, but tragic :c His leg...

WELL! To try this image thing out, I'll just leave one of the doodles I did like a few months ago.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12843 on: December 25, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »
Good stuff, Ei, you've got the way of it. Bring on those doodles!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12844 on: December 26, 2018, 01:07:18 AM »
Ah... is that a drawing of Emil being crushed by a ladder? Oh no... it's neat, but tragic :c His leg...

hehe yep it is! It's... kind of? a pre-art to one of my (way too many) fanfics :P

What a cute little Reynir-doodle! Now that you've tried it out and succeeded I hope you'll share some more doodles!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

peeweevireo

« Reply #12845 on: December 26, 2018, 10:10:06 PM »
hehe yep it is! It's... kind of? a pre-art to one of my (way too many) fanfics :P

Yay! A new fanfic! A bit less yay for Emil breaking his leg since I don't think he would enjoy it, but still!

Also, yeah, Wave and Windy, this thread can have all my doodles! (Or... the recent ones haha...). The good thing is that you have control over their sizes on forums.

(That one's probably my favourite)

(I'm just a bit too afraid to look further into the past beyond when I drew this one :'D)

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #12846 on: December 28, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
Also, yeah, Wave and Windy, this thread can have all my doodles! (Or... the recent ones haha...). The good thing is that you have control over their sizes on forums....

Peewee, those are wonderful!!!! (your favorite is my favorite too <3)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #12847 on: January 02, 2019, 12:59:00 PM »
It's the New Year already, so time to post this:

Secret Santa's gift to Wavewright62:

Spoiler: Notes • show
It's a place yet unseen in SSSS - Sollerön, "the heart of Mora". The real-life viewpoint is this.
The lineart was drawn in Photoshop and coloured in Paint Tool SAI. Then, I put it back in Photoshop, added the text and overlayed a postcard texture over the whole picture.
The Google Translated Swedish text is supposed to be "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Scandinavia's capital"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:00:44 PM by Guardian G.I. »
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #12848 on: January 02, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
Your gift idea and your art are both fantastic, Guardian! I didn’t want to spam the Secret Santa thread by gushing over it, so I’m glad you posted it here. Super nicely done!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12849 on: January 02, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »
It's the New Year already, so time to post this:

Secret Santa's gift to Wavewright62:

Spoiler: Notes • show
It's a place yet unseen in SSSS - Sollerön, "the heart of Mora". The real-life viewpoint is this.
The lineart was drawn in Photoshop and coloured in Paint Tool SAI. Then, I put it back in Photoshop, added the text and overlayed a postcard texture over the whole picture.
The Google Translated Swedish text is supposed to be "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Scandinavia's capital"

!!! XoX Ö Ö !!!
Oh my goodness, I had no idea it was you! (Obviously - three wrong guesses later!)  Thank you so much for this, and now I have the reference as well.  I admit I was wondering if it was real, but my short Google Street View journey wasn't giving me clues.  I also didn't publish the message side of the postcard because I wasn't certain if you wanted the message made public or not.  If you're happy with it, by all means let's publish it, because the work you put in that the stamp and cancellation etc is equally stellar!
*flaps hands* eeeeee this is so excellent!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #12850 on: January 02, 2019, 07:00:45 PM »
!!! XoX Ö Ö !!!
Oh my goodness, I had no idea it was you! (Obviously - three wrong guesses later!)  Thank you so much for this, and now I have the reference as well.  I admit I was wondering if it was real, but my short Google Street View journey wasn't giving me clues.
I changed some things and added buildings that don't exist in real life to the landscape, because Sollerön in SSSS is supposed to be more built-up and developed. I suppose that's what threw your Street View journey off course.

I also didn't publish the message side of the postcard because I wasn't certain if you wanted the message made public or not.  If you're happy with it, by all means let's publish it, because the work you put in that the stamp and cancellation etc is equally stellar!

You mean this message part? :D

I'd upload it myself without the message, but I accidentally flattened the PSD file and can't remove the text properly.
The cancellation is just a Postnord logo in a circle, by the way - I suppose the post-Rash Swedish postal service uses that logo due to tradition. :))

Your gift idea and your art are both fantastic, Guardian! I didn’t want to spam the Secret Santa thread by gushing over it, so I’m glad you posted it here. Super nicely done!
Gwenno assigned wavewright to me and not you - otherwise you would have received the most fantastic idea I planned:
Spoiler: show
...a art thing about scavengers set in a post-nuclear sci-fi Middle-earth after the War of Wrath O_O
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12851 on: January 04, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
Here's the picture I made for Róisín:

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #12852 on: January 04, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »
Oh bravo, well done!
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12853 on: January 04, 2019, 10:27:19 PM »
And very beautiful it is. I love your art!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #12854 on: January 05, 2019, 02:10:02 AM »
I think I might have already said how much I love this picture somewhere on tumblr, but, if not, I really like the colors! And the textures! :D
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: