Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483748 times)

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12765 on: October 03, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »
A day late is better than never am I right? (although I technically inked all of this yesterday) also I colored this digitally that's legal right? if not we can just pretend I didn't

For day 2, 'immerse'. Mebediel, I see we had a similar idea. :p

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:13:32 PM by Johannabelle »
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #12766 on: October 03, 2018, 11:02:04 PM »
Ahhhhh Johannabelle yours is so good!! All those details! And the shading! :0

Here's mine for today: more or less the same as what Windy posted in the Inktober thread, but with Chewie + porg added to it
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12767 on: October 04, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »
Loving your Tuuri, Johannabelle, you and Meb have the right of it.  But
Mebediel, I'm about to lose my breakfast, but in a good way, sorta.  Roasted NoToro...*shudder*  (Good tho'.)

Day 4, combining the official prompt "Spell" with the SSSS prompt "Steps"
An imagining that in other parts of the world far from Scandinavia, the individuals gifted with magic cast their spells using specific dance movements. 

Spoiler: show
I kept it simple and quite vague on gender and cultural decoration on purpose.  It's not part of the settlement I wrote about in my story 'Xeriscape', as that magical system was largely Christian Bible text-based, melded with nature-based practices.  This could be elsewhere in the Americas, or the Himalayan region, or an isolated island in the Indian Ocean, or any number of desert cultures.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:27:19 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12768 on: October 04, 2018, 07:25:33 PM »
Spells which are danced are not uncommon, and that drawing is lovely.

There were some Sufi sects that used this method (and of course the 'whirling Dervishes' were a thing, using their magico-religious dance to induce an ecstatic state in which magic could be more easily accessed, and to raise power). Some styles of magic in India, Nepal and Polynesia use dance both to raise power and to shape the pattern of the spell, because most styles of magic depend on shaping power within some kind of pattern, whether that pattern be shaped from words, music, dance, runes or knots. Sort of like building a circuit board.

There are Native American styles of magic that use dance, and out here we have peoples such as the Myrning of the Nullarbor, who have the interesting usage of first laying out a pattern on the ground, usually by sprinkling sand, dancing the pattern over the course of a night, then using that shaped energy to power traditional practices. Early European anthropologists believed that the Myrning 'had no culture' because their practices left no physical artifacts, nothing like inscribed runes or carved charms, but they have culture well enough.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12769 on: October 05, 2018, 01:14:03 AM »
Hehe, sorry about your breakfast, Wave. I really like how you combined the prompts for Day 4, especially given the info that Róisín provided :D

Here's mine:

He'll find his way home
or
in which Meb learns that tiny runes are hard to draw
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12770 on: October 05, 2018, 04:41:38 PM »
Quoth Margaret Hamilton, "These things must be done delicately," leeetle runes, that I hadn't even noticed on my phone screen, but now I'm blown away!

One of two efforts from yesterday, because I didn't want to combine prompts. 
"Close" Closely packed together, closing the lid behind them, after a close shave, with the Notoros close around them, close to the end of this journey. Close enough?

Spoiler: chicken • show
Not SSSS, and not good enough to post it under a different message in the Forum Art, so under the cut.  A sketch done without preliminary pencils, my chooks used to make me laugh by running around my yard.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12771 on: October 06, 2018, 06:07:38 AM »
I don't like spamming this thread with comments but I love all of the inktober-arts that have been posted! Since I post mine over in the inktober-thread, TIME FOR AN ARTDUMP!

Putting it all under spoiler because my inktober-art has been pretty terrifying this year:
Spoiler: show
Prompts: Chicken, Close, Poisoned

They're obviously not actually dead, they're just being overdramatic :P

Prompts: Steps, Spell

Prompts: Notoros, Roasted

Prompt: Bloody hands

Don't worry, Mikkel will fix him right up!

Prompts: Tranquil, Immerse

Drawing all the black was pretty frustrating, but heckity heck I'm so happy with the result!

Prompts: Stabbed, Friend

Not entierly sure where Lalli managed to stab Emil but don't worry, Sigrun will run for Mikkel and then everything will be all well again!

Putting this one under its own spoiler because it comes with a short drabble!
Spoiler: Prompt: Insomnia • show

Emil wanted to sleep. He wanted desperately to sleep. But every time he closed his eyes that scream would echo in his mind. Did Lalli hear it as well? He looked towards Lalli’s cell, tried to penetrate the thick darkness on the ship with his vision. He couldn’t see the glow Lalli’s eyes sometimes emitted. Hopefully that meant his friend was sleeping peacefully. Emil closed his eyes to try and sleep again.

AaaAAAaaAAAaa

His eyes flew open, his hand flew to his stomach and his body pulled to the left without him ordering it to. His breathing was heavy.

It’s not here. We’re safe. The ship is safe.

Safe in a manner of speaking of course, but the giant wasn’t there. The one Lalli had dynamited out of hiding. He understood why now, but the scream haunted him. The sound of dusklings hitting the plastic bin they’d been hiding in haunted him. He kept mumbling to himself, a futile attempt to convince himself he was safe. His eyes glued to the ceiling and the scream on repeat in his ears.

How long had it been since he had gotten a full night’s sleep? The night before the dusklings, but he couldn’t tell how long ago that was. Days blurred as sleep eluded him. He sat up in the bed, rubbed his eyes and rested his head in his hands.

Emil just wanted to sleep.
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12772 on: October 06, 2018, 11:00:43 AM »
I really like your blurb for the last picture, Windy!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12773 on: October 07, 2018, 04:57:42 AM »
Two days' worth in this post.  I had a lot less time than I thought I would this weekend, all taken up with gardening, to the detriment of drawing.
InkTober Day 6 combined 'Drool' and 'OTP' - I couldn't come up with an OTP so pictured Tuuri with the dainty sweet she got in the bonus comic.

Day 7 combined "Exhausted" and "Clean", so I imagined Sigrun finally getting to give in to her exhaustion once they got to the base where the ship was going to pick them up.  I ran out of time and didn't do the shading through gunky windows and general decrepitude I had planned, so instead we're stuck with a women's washroom where the plumbing doesn't work but is suspiciously clean and well-lit.

I can (and do) self-criticise my work, but part of the point of InkTober for me, is the discipline of getting the image out there, even if it isn't perfect.  This whole year, I've been putting that into practice.  I've posted some really undercooked images over the last year, but hey, I feel better about having a body of occasionally funny work than one painstaking image which is never quite right.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:00:48 AM by wavewright62 »

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12774 on: October 07, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
Yay, art dump!! The drabble is well done, Windy!

Wave, Tuuri + tiny sweet is a stellar OTP

Here is my day 5 drawing, posting a day late:

Close encounters of the chicken kind: possibly one of the reasons why Mikkel left the Madsen farm.
Butter good.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12775 on: October 07, 2018, 05:07:38 PM »
I really like your blurb for the last picture, Windy!
Yay, art dump!! The drabble is well done, Windy!

aaaa, thanks you two <3

Wave and Mebediel, love your inktobers!

I come bringing another art, throwing it in here because it's not quite inktober (I played with my watercolours for this!)
Spoiler: a bit of blood • show

Prompt: Kidnapped

The reason the Västerström-family lost their fortune! Maybe!
(Note reads: "Give us ten million before friday or you'll never (see) him (again)")
It's supposed to be lying on a table but clearly I'm not good at arting tables yet. Had lots of fun with this one though!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #12776 on: October 07, 2018, 09:29:22 PM »
Hehe, I don't know if it counts as reposting, I already put it in the inktober thread, but here it goes again, my first SSSS Inktober week:

Friends

Immerse

Duskling

Steps

Close

OTP

Clean

Let's go for next week!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12777 on: October 09, 2018, 12:15:38 AM »
Windy, nicely done with the water colors! I could tell that it was a table before you mentioned that it was, so A+ :D
And Antillanka, all of your Inktobers are really good, but I can't get over the Notoro. It's way too cute.

Days 7 and 8 for me:

1 Hotakainen

2 Hotakainen
Butter good.

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #12778 on: October 09, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »
 Mebediel, close encounters of the chicken kind made me laugh lol. And thank you!

Today I have drawings for the prompts 'steps' and 'eye'

❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #12779 on: October 09, 2018, 12:25:22 AM »
Oh I forgot--I drew a Lalli in my tiny sketchbook once I caught back up with the comic. I kinda half intentionally made it look like my ye olde first Lalli drawing from like three years ago.

:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway: