Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484391 times)

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12690 on: August 14, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
Drew these about a week ago and for some reason never posted them:

Pre-mission Tuuri! Complete with ponytail

Annnnd a Lalli in dreamspace clothing
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12691 on: August 14, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »
The Hotakainen nose! Good stuff.

Edit to avoid double posting -
Windfighter and Euodiachloris were thinking the Swan might like a nice holiday.  While they couldn't agree on whether a beach or pastoral setting would be more suitable, they did agree on fancy drinkies.  Windy wanted art of the Swan with a sunhat.  Sometimes you get art, and sometimes...

Hmmm, needs more cowbell.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:39:12 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #12692 on: August 17, 2018, 10:52:48 AM »
She's in Denmark, isn't she? And she can actually relax because there are no mages that can see her. Now, excuse me while I go get rid of that budding crack headcanon for the real reason Sweden and Denmark are Atheist.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:46:19 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12693 on: August 19, 2018, 05:46:15 AM »
Hearth, those are some incredible cute drawing! <3

Wavewright, thank you for that, it was awesome! :D

So in yesterday's stream we somehow decided that Lalli is a cheerleader (I have no idea how the convo went, but still) so I was convinced to draw this:

Have another OTP-art while I'm at it, this time the prompt was "gaming together":

Mikkel is probably cheating...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:18:47 AM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12694 on: August 19, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »
Hysterical, Windy!  I agree, Mikkel cannot be trusted.  And Lalli - you nailed it.  I still might finish my silly doodle anyway.

Edit: Nah, stuff that.  In its place I attempt a picture of a dog, specifically Emil's fylgja, recently revealed to be a poodle - very fancy, as well as very loyal.

(Has it really been a whole week since Minna revealed the fylgjur of Sigrun, Mikkel, and Emil, with no fanart?  At least I have seen a drawing of Tuuri with her hedgehog luonto.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:35:10 AM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #12695 on: August 21, 2018, 11:10:02 AM »
Hysterical, Windy!  I agree, Mikkel cannot be trusted.  And Lalli - you nailed it.  I still might finish my silly doodle anyway.

Edit: Nah, stuff that.  In its place I attempt a picture of a dog, specifically Emil's fylgja, recently revealed to be a poodle - very fancy, as well as very loyal.

(Has it really been a whole week since Minna revealed the fylgjur of Sigrun, Mikkel, and Emil, with no fanart?  At least I have seen a drawing of Tuuri with her hedgehog luonto.)
…She did?! Where!? When?!
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Kis

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Ugh
« Reply #12696 on: August 21, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
…She did?! Where!? When?!

During her stream, ten days ago. You can still listen to it on Twitch (0:23:30) or read Talimee's copy of the chatlog in Minna's key posts (or go see the chatlog directly)
Native: :russia:
Somewhat okay: :uk:
Know a few words: :sweden:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12697 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:48 PM »
That's a very Emilesque poodle indeed! :D

Drew a little art inspired by an exchange in the comment section so have some some shippy art:

I, uh, did a lot of mistakes on Lalli's clothes but EH!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12698 on: August 22, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »
You continue to improve, which helps bring your worldview to life.  Interesting choice on the rose pattern on Emil's cloak & sweater - I like it.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12699 on: August 22, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »
You continue to improve, which helps bring your worldview to life.  Interesting choice on the rose pattern on Emil's cloak & sweater - I like it.

Emil is wearing the uniform Minna designed for him in the latest streams: https://twitter.com/SSSScomic/status/1031180979854090240 I think the Hotakainens are only sketched so far.

Windy, it's really impressive how much you've improved as an artist. Look at the expressive hand gestures! And kissing is notoriously hard to draw and you did it! It's very cute and heartwarming.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12700 on: August 22, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
Emil is wearing the uniform Minna designed for him in the latest streams: https://twitter.com/SSSScomic/status/1031180979854090240 I think the Hotakainens are only sketched so far.

Windy, it's really impressive how much you've improved as an artist. Look at the expressive hand gestures! And kissing is notoriously hard to draw and you did it! It's very cute and heartwarming.

True, but I hadn't seen whether the pattern continued onto the back of the cape, which is why I liked when Windy put it there. You are also totally correct about the difficulty with kissing!  (But this is good, gives me another opportunity to squee over Windy's improvements.)

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12701 on: August 22, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
aaaa, stop saying nice things you're making me blush!

(I have days when I try to improve my skills and then I have days like that ^ when I just wanna get the art done xD)

Yeah, the Hotakainen-outfits were only sketched out (not sure if Minna has completed them yet, keeping an eye on her twitter on updates for it since she said she'd finish them outside of the stream), but I got them wrong compared to the sketches as well! I did draw them mostly from memory and my memory isn't very good so... They ended up good enough for the comic though. As for Emil's cloak, no idea if there's any pattern on the back but he is a fancy boy and just a plain black cloak was so unfancy I had to do something. Glad you liked it <3

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12702 on: August 22, 2018, 05:00:28 PM »
aaaa, stop saying nice things you're making me blush!

(I have days when I try to improve my skills and then I have days like that ^ when I just wanna get the art done xD)

I agree, some images require time & attention, but some days you just want to blimmin' get something out there.  I've been doing lots of the latter (silly doodles) lately, and while I'm sure it does nothing for my reputation, it makes me feel much less uptight.  It helps me let go of any pretense of perfectionism.  I'll be ready for InkTober, anyway.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12703 on: August 22, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »
aaaaa, you're right, it's almost inktober! Are we doing SSSS-themed prompts this year as well?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12704 on: August 23, 2018, 05:45:55 AM »
aaaaa, you're right, it's almost inktober! Are we doing SSSS-themed prompts this year as well?
I was intending to do just regular InkTober with SSSS interpretations, but I could come up with prompts.  Is this something the community could get behind?
 (Taking a look at last year's, you had that hilarious 'Tuuri as the Red Baron' drawing.  It would be worth getting prompts out there for more of that!)