Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2442109 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12465 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:25 PM »
afaik, there isn't any explicit lore about tattering levels among paladins, but it's also a pretty open world on class customs/cultures and if you think something's cool chances are you can just kinda do it and call it good
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12466 on: February 01, 2018, 11:30:48 PM »
I am more familiar with the conventions of our-world heraldry than I am with those of role-playing games, sadly. Always something new to learn.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #12467 on: February 02, 2018, 05:31:25 AM »
Dunno about DnD either, but I know what I like - and fancy armor done well is one of them.  (But I'm puzzled - the frayed cape looks cool, but why is it tattered?  Is that a thing with a paladin?)

It's not a Thing with D&D paladins, no. The reference Unlos used also features a frayed cape, but it's hard to say the reason behind it without knowing that particular character's story. I'd say two likely explanations are 1. the cape is old and has some emotional value for the character, who wears it like that for a reason or 2. the artist just thought it looks cool. There are far more egregious things done in the name of Cool when it comes to fantasy art, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

P__

« Reply #12468 on: February 02, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »
I can also see a 3rd reason: Emil spent all his money getting fancy gold-plated armor and had to resort to buying the cheapest 2nd 7th-hand cape he could find  >:D
ETA: that also explains his look-- he's not serious, he's mad at himself for having such a lousy cape (which actually looks great, though)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:48:11 AM by P__ »
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #12469 on: February 02, 2018, 08:49:02 AM »
It looks great, Unlos! Of course Emil would pick the fancy gold armor  ;D
I subscribe to P_'s theory about the cape, lol.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12470 on: February 02, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »
..he used it to polish his armor, obviously. Hrm, I didn't put much thought into it except "I want to see if I can make the tatters look good", so any and all explanations are good, really. Also ee thank you everyone!

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12471 on: February 05, 2018, 12:01:24 AM »
Ooh, beautiful work, Unlos! XoX Now I'm inclined to imagine Sigrun in similar armour, though I think she would pick a basic steel armour with a fur cloak, Skyrim-esque...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #12472 on: February 05, 2018, 07:43:19 PM »
So I... tried an actual digital painting, rather than the doodles that I posted a little while ago. And I'm super proud of it, even considering it took me a week to finish (more if you count the lineart I based it on). But that said, I'm only just beginning, and I'd welcome concrit if you have any. ♥

"Sigrun, we really should stop snuggling and get out of here before that Swan shows up."

Spoiler: show
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #12473 on: February 05, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »
Elleth, that's pretty. Made me smile. I don't know enough about art to offer much in the way of concrit, but I will be interested to see where you go from here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #12474 on: February 09, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
Elleth, that's pretty. Made me smile. I don't know enough about art to offer much in the way of concrit, but I will be interested to see where you go from here.

Aw, thank you; I really appreciate the kind words! ♥ I'm very curious where this endeavour will go, too. (Learning to draw/paint, that is... if I had any hand in the comic from here on in, this is one development that would happen. Alas I don't, heh.)
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #12475 on: February 10, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
Heyja People! I was not sure if this is the right thread, but I thought it could not do any harm. So people who like pocahontas:  Please view.

"
/>

A bit late on the draw here (rl has been very time-consuming), but this is absolutely brilliant, and I just love it when we get video treats, especially something this funny  ;D I'm also getting some definite Amsterdam meetup flashbacks  :P

I got a tumblr ask do draw Emil as a character from a roleplaying game/DnD. I must admit I don't know all the classes too well, but the chance to draw Emil in fancy armor was irresistible, so I went for paladin:

(Ref)
XoX I am exceptionally glad you couldn't resist drawing Emil in fancy armour! That is gorgeous! It could be straight out of the players' handbook

Spoiler: show

Just beginning with digital painting huh, that is a very good start (especially Tuuri's hair, you've managed some great floof)! I don't really have any critique either, but I'm looking forwards to seeing more if it comes ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12476 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »
I found an app where you get a daily arting-quest everyday and yesterday or something that quest was "Color a character using only these 5 colors" so... this happened:

Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

That Bunny

• Just a bunny which thinks that it is a person.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/or just call me Bunny ;3
« Reply #12477 on: February 13, 2018, 11:40:39 AM »
Nice drawing! It's hard to use that few colors and create an interesting effect! (By the way, what is the name of this app? I would need some daily art-tasks for when I'm in an art-block...)
Fluent: :brazil: :germany: :uk:
Understand something: :france: :spain:
Want to learn: :japan: :finland: :russia:

:chap19:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12478 on: February 13, 2018, 12:08:20 PM »
Canvas Tutor. It's supposed to teach you how to art, but I haven't manage to figure out exactly what the quest in the "learn to art"-area is so I just check the daily quest in hopes that I understand it xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12479 on: February 13, 2018, 01:04:56 PM »
Cool stuff!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior