Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483965 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12240 on: October 04, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »
It looks... actually, pretty calm and somewhat cute. Just a relatively peaceful creaure, slowly minding its own buisness.
And your Sjødraug looks very peaceful, really.

Yes, all is peaceful with the sjødraug - until you scroll down.    O_o

Unlos, I loves your Ása - she is powerful.
I enjoy Clayres' Pokemon - I just wish I had some clue.
I note that the Finnish mess staff doesn't seem to be armed beyond ladles, pea soup and throwing bread ...

Pea soup is a weapon, says the person who as a child, sat at the dinner table for hours in front of a congealing bowl of the stuff.  Bleargh.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12241 on: October 04, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »
-rolls in, compliments everyones art and drops another Emilmon-

Have an Emilett!

Spoiler: and some art I did for the other thread • show

Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #12242 on: October 04, 2017, 06:54:37 PM »
*peeks in*

Unlos, wow, dramatic Ása is dramatic!

Windy, you know I love all of your art!  <3

Clayres, cool Sigrun-mons! I like how her signature hair works on the different minimonsters.

I enjoy Clayres' Pokemon - I just wish I had some clue.

Thank you!!!

(sometimes I wish I had less of a clue though >___>)

*leaves in a rain of squirrelcookies*  :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie: :squirrelcookie:
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Glory

• DeviantArt
  • Learning to sketch. Slowly. Painfully.
« Reply #12243 on: October 05, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
Some more pencil sketches - the better ones I've done in the past two or so weeks:

Not really in the spirit of Inktober I know...I tried to outline one of them in ink, but the crappy ballpoints I've got don't seem to adhere very well to pencil lines. Should I just try to work in ink from the very beginning, or is there a trick to inking in pencil drawings I haven't discovered yet?
Survived: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Glory

• DeviantArt
  • Learning to sketch. Slowly. Painfully.
« Reply #12244 on: October 05, 2017, 11:58:10 AM »

Ink drawing for today: Captain Ása Hardardóttir at the helm:

Also, asdasidaisufapisughpiuahd THAT'S AMAZING, she reminds me of Captain Ahab or Captain Nemo - one of those iron-hard fanatical sea-dogs that don't let anything stand in their way....besides for Trond's secret files, of course :3
Survived: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #12245 on: October 05, 2017, 01:51:45 PM »
Some more pencil sketches - the better ones I've done in the past two or so weeks:

[img]

Not really in the spirit of Inktober I know...I tried to outline one of them in ink, but the crappy ballpoints I've got don't seem to adhere very well to pencil lines. Should I just try to work in ink from the very beginning, or is there a trick to inking in pencil drawings I haven't discovered yet?

Ooh, nice! I like how sharp your lines are. One thing I do for inking over pencil is to make the pencils pretty light/sketchy, and then freehand the dark lines over the top, so there's less stuff between the pen tip and the paper.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12246 on: October 05, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »
Thank you Glory, Windy, Wavewright and Clayres!

Windy, cute Emil -mole-diglett. And he looks so happy, too!

Glory, you have reason to be proud of these. As for ballpoint over pencil, I use the same technique as Noodles: light pencil outlines, then ballpoint on top. Don't use pencil for shades but wait for the pen to fill them in. As long as the ballpoint haven't dried out, I find them one of the more comfortable types of ink to work with, and especially to shade with.

Here's todays drawing: Ballpoint over pencil, about one and a half hours. Made after Gaemmel drew these two as the main characters from Tangled in the dedicated inktober thread.

I miss being able to slightly adjust the size of hands and feet after painting them, but apart from that,  I'm very happy with drawing traditionally.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12247 on: October 05, 2017, 03:52:18 PM »
This one's a bit of a stretch, incorporating both the official InkTober prompt 'Long" and the SSSS InkTober prompt 'Ice.'  In my headcanon, Veeti Hollola spent his teenaged years (possibly longer) running with a pack of scavengers.  So this image is from Y10 or so, they pass by a decrepit ice cream parlour, which leaves Veeti longing for an ice cream cone.  (Geddit?) 

I'm not sure I'll finish this particular drawing (the other figure is just a random person, it's not Ensi), but I like the way Veeti came out.  Glory, I agree with Noodly, you can see how sketchy the pencils are, and I've erased the sketchy pencils from under Veeti's figure.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #12248 on: October 05, 2017, 05:09:09 PM »
Spoiler: I had the dumbest idea... • show

Now I wanna see Sigrun with this magnificent beard and moustache!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12249 on: October 06, 2017, 05:11:18 AM »
Here's todays drawing: Ballpoint over pencil, about one and a half hours. Made after Gaemmel drew these two as the main characters from Tangled in the dedicated inktober thread.

I miss being able to slightly adjust the size of hands and feet after painting them, but apart from that,  I'm very happy with drawing traditionally.

Oh my gosh, Unlos, that's so cool! I'm so glad you did this! Now I'm really starting to wonder if I need to write a few fairytale/disney AU fanfics.
I'm the left one on the picture.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
In school I had: :france: :spain:
Some words and phrases: :japan:
Learning: :sweden:

:chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #12250 on: October 06, 2017, 05:14:06 AM »
Oh my gosh, Unlos, that's so cool! I'm so glad you did this! Now I'm really starting to wonder if I need to write a few fairytale/disney AU fanfics.

Yes, yes please!! <3 <3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #12251 on: October 06, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

Thank you :-)
Todays drawing, I couldn't help myself but added color digitally. I have some pencils lying around but digital gave me the chance to change a couple of things I was unhappy about:

Onni in today's page reminds me quite a bit of Riley near the end of the movie, and so I had to draw Tuuri as Joy.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:18:11 AM by Unlos »

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12252 on: October 06, 2017, 06:44:41 PM »
Have one more Emilmon!

He asked Sigrun and Lalli to help him for Dugtrio first, but they refused so he made sock puppets instead :P

Spoiler: also some art I posted in the inktober thread • show

Windy, cute Emil -mole-diglett. And he looks so happy, too!

Little known fact about Emil: He loves cosplaying! He is also a pokémon-nerd and know all 105 of them!
(He would have known more, but only 105 survived until year 90)

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #12253 on: October 07, 2017, 12:18:46 AM »
Windy, is that handsome Belgian draft-looking horse in with the dairy cows Mikkel's fylgja? I could easily believe that!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12254 on: October 07, 2017, 06:05:56 AM »
Windy, is that handsome Belgian draft-looking horse in with the dairy cows Mikkel's fylgja? I could easily believe that!
it's supposed to be a Jutland Horse and yes, it is indeed Mikkels fylgja! ^___^