Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483890 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #11925 on: June 18, 2017, 05:11:41 AM »
Quirkwood, Abprallen, such cute art from both of you!

I had bad thoughts yesterday so I worked through them by drawing a picture of Emil. Putting the art under spoiler because depending on how you read it it's either a little sad or very sad and this way those of you who don't want to see Emil in pain can skip it!
(it's mental pain this time, as opposed to the physical pain I usually inflict upon him! So warnings for that as well I guess)

Spoiler: show

There's so much wrong with this picture I can't even aaaaargh!
I had fun arting the tiny picture inside the picture though \o/
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Grey-cat

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: hers her she
« Reply #11926 on: June 18, 2017, 08:33:40 AM »
Quirkwood, Abprallen, such cute art from both of you!

I had bad thoughts yesterday so I worked through them by drawing a picture of Emil. Putting the art under spoiler because depending on how you read it it's either a little sad or very sad and this way those of you who don't want to see Emil in pain can skip it!
(it's mental pain this time, as opposed to the physical pain I usually inflict upon him! So warnings for that as well I guess)

Spoiler: show

There's so much wrong with this picture I can't even aaaaargh!
I had fun arting the tiny picture inside the picture though \o/
At least he has a cat....nothing terrible can happen with a cat watching....right?
If he closes his eyes, it could almost be Lalli
I hope you're feeling better now, Windy, btw!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #11927 on: June 18, 2017, 08:39:15 AM »
Wow Quirkwood, that's really classy!

Windy... I gotta admit, your subject choice is kinda worrying. I hope making this kind of art helps you, or at least doesn't make things worse. I miss the days of cowboy Lalli. How are you feeling today?

For those of you who haven't seen it on tumblr already, I bring this. I started in a messy style that didn't end up working out, so it will remain in this half-sketchy state. But it is a fighting Lalli and I think a lot of people could use this!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11928 on: June 18, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
At least he has a cat....nothing terrible can happen with a cat watching....right?
If he closes his eyes, it could almost be Lalli
I hope you're feeling better now, Windy, btw!
The cat will indeed make everything right! I'm certain it's using its telepathic skills to call for help!
Feeling a little better for the moment, thank you <3

Windy... I gotta admit, your subject choice is kinda worrying. I hope making this kind of art helps you, or at least doesn't make things worse. I miss the days of cowboy Lalli. How are you feeling today?
tbf during the days of Cowboy Lalli I also arted this little picture which I never posted here because lots of blood and triggering material (self-harm). And then there was this one which was even earlier and probably should have been a warning sign haha... ^^'
But hey, silly arts still happen, I mean, Sigrun on a polar bear?
I'm trying hard not to think about how I'm feeling because the moment I stop and my brain gets the slightest opportunity it falls straight back into the really bad territory. So... yeah, I'm feeling okayish. According to my friend who can feel how others are feeling I'm feeling fine (on the other hand she has also admitted that it is hard to get a feeling on me). And well, the art museum is probably not the right place to get into large conversations about this so :P

Alsooooo your messy style Lalli is so pretty! just WOW!
(The sketchy style also reminds me about that dream I had last year where someone had arted Lalli hugging a dying Emil in a very sketchy style and it was so prettyyyyyy and sad and I was so disappointed to notice it had only been a dream)

I feel like I'm spamming this place when I'm posting without a new art to add to the pile but I'll try to get working on finishing the silly Sigrun-art so I can post that later today!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11929 on: June 18, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »
Abprallen, Onni clearly doesn't like to do selfi, but who asks?!  :))

Sc0uT, how could I miss this on the tumblr?! Even if it's a messy style, it looks stunningly!
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11930 on: June 18, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »
Windy, a big hug for you. I'm glad drawing helps you, and for this reason extra glad you've taken up drawing again!
Sc0ut, your pictures, messy or not, are so very beautiful, and the movement, contrast and drama in this one is striking.
Quirqwood, Ooh, cool Lalli!
Abprallen, I am very tempted to dip my toe into the postcard exchange pool again when I see all the art you send out! (Also, who took the picture, I wonder..)
Oemeluff: Yesssss! It happened! I still believe too!
OwlsG0, the dialogue and theme cracks me up every time I read it. Also, Lalli in a ponytail never fails to look good.

Tumblr responses to asks:
First, some uncolored ones from my sketchbook done while on vacation. I had planned to fill all the asks like this but I visited my aunt who was super social and helpful with filling the day with other type of activites so there was no time:
(Same templates as apbrallen used (here and here) that everyone who wants can use for pose and expression practice. They are really sweet)
Spoiler: because the files are kinda big • show

For Windy and Kiraly:

And then when I came home again, I made two colored all-digital sketches for Abprallen and Elleth:

More of that watercolor-y big squared textured brush that I've grown really fond of!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11931 on: June 18, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »
Sigrun needs to ride on more things. wow.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!

@Unlos: aaaa such cute arts! I'd try those posethings myself if I trusted my arting more but I don't 8D

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11932 on: June 18, 2017, 04:21:40 PM »
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!

@Unlos: aaaa such cute arts! I'd try those posethings myself if I trusted my arting more but I don't 8D

Very happy!! And thank you :))

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11933 on: June 19, 2017, 09:50:36 AM »
Well then, thanks to the comment section this monstrosity happened:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11934 on: June 19, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
Well then, thanks to the comment section this monstrosity happened:

Ha, that is such a bad pun! :haw: And I think you're really improving, Slepinope looks great. :)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Oemelmuff

• Tumblr
« Reply #11935 on: June 19, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »
So, another pic of the Keksit boyscout thingy -

-----
quirkwood, I really love your style!
and scout, your colours and lighting- just wow.
Unlos- I love your expressions so much-
And Windy- gosh, these always make me so happy !
Fate is real! It is just really random

Quirkwood

• Preferred pronouns: they/them is good
« Reply #11936 on: June 20, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
I'm so happy this thread is always so full of new, excellent SSSS art *__*

Sc0ut, I am speechless. You did a wonderful job on the light and colours, but you also kept the lineart clear and not blurry at all, which is a problem I often encounter when adding backgrounds... Also, such a badass Lalli!

Unlos, neat pencils and neat Sigruns. I bet Sigrun's a hugger. And Emil kissing Lalli's forhead is giving me way too many feelings, especially in these tough SSSS times.

Windfighter, spot on as usual. I really hope somebody does end the neigh... A Reynir-Lalli collaboration, maybe?

Oemelmuff, hahahah! Poor Onni. But he can't say he didn't expect this to happen. He'll probably have to surgically remove Lalli from the cookies.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:19:59 AM by Quirkwood »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #11937 on: June 20, 2017, 06:31:53 PM »
These are all lovely, but I especially liked Sc0ut's fighting Lalli and Unlos's one of the boys embracing.. So much wonderful art!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11938 on: June 21, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
Unlos, absolutely gorgeous XoX
Windfighter, your art makes me happier! I don't know if I should be touched or afraid of small Sigrun, haha :)) And Reynir's face! Emotions! Amazingly drawn!
Oemelmuff, aaaaaaah it'so hard to look at our owl-son he's so worried God help ;__;
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

possumthach

• Super-Newbie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11939 on: June 21, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »
First post... here's a little paper Reynir. He's about 5 inches tall and lives on my desk. I did it with scissors (not x-acto) so the edges are kinda messy, but I'm proud anyway :V