Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484381 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #11745 on: May 06, 2017, 03:49:07 PM »
Thank you everyone who commented on my drawing!

I did this in about an hour using the Irregular Grid Painter program. I'm planning to make the real version as soon as I can source some wire - I might end up just painting the stuff I use for armor, though it's pretty heavily greased and a flat black, so painting it might be difficult.
Oh, pretty!
Abprallen,  that's a pretty Emil, and I love the concept of basing the colors off those rocks. It works very well!
Johanna-belle,  thank you, and you prompted me to try and color it. I'm struggling a bit but it will be finished! Your Reynir is gorgeous.
Helia, I am really enjoying all your watercolors, your Tuuri in braids is so cute!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:52:30 PM by Unlos »

Glory

• DeviantArt
  • Learning to sketch. Slowly. Painfully.
« Reply #11746 on: May 06, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »
Glory - Looks great!! Can't wait for the real version :)

Good news, then - I found a site which sold reasonably priced colorized aluminum wire (theringlord) and put in an order. Wasn't cheap, but should be TOTALLY worth it. Now I just need to find some decent backing material (rivet it to some steel, perhaps - or cover a wood plank with linen for a white background and nail it on)
Survived: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11747 on: May 07, 2017, 04:35:00 AM »
Eeee thank you <3 I'm glad the blues paid off - I wasn't sure what they looked like as my colour perception is... weird. Good it worked, though!
I based the colour scheme on these :D

REAAllly?! How cool.  At the risk of making a fool of myself, these look like rose quartz and agates and an aquamarine, but I'd love to know what they really are.  *looks at husband sorting piles of tumbler stones*  Nice aesthetic.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

yankai

• Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #11748 on: May 07, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »
Hello there! here's my first contribution to the world of fan art (and my first post in the forum!). Hope you like it :)
(Also I'm super noob and I don't understand how anything works here)

Native: :argentina:
Kind of: :uk: / :italy:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11749 on: May 07, 2017, 04:49:13 PM »
Hello there! here's my first contribution to the world of fan art (and my first post in the forum!). Hope you like it :)

Haha, it is wonderful! Sigrun and Tuuri will win, I'm sure of it :tuuri: Welcome to the forum!

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #11750 on: May 07, 2017, 05:51:08 PM »

Aah how adorable!!
Why don't you go say hi over on the Introduction thread? :))

yankai

• Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #11751 on: May 07, 2017, 08:48:18 PM »
Haha, it is wonderful! Sigrun and Tuuri will win, I'm sure of it :tuuri: Welcome to the forum!

Aah how adorable!!
Why don't you go say hi over on the Introduction thread? :))

Thank you people <3 Also thanks Abprallen for the suggestion, I just did  ^-^
Native: :argentina:
Kind of: :uk: / :italy:

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11752 on: May 08, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »

Tuuri, it's against the rules!  C:-)
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11753 on: May 08, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »

Oooh, poor Reynir! Tuuri's sure taking the game seriously! :'D Cute drawing!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11754 on: May 08, 2017, 05:35:17 PM »
Wavewright62 - I got them off a real shady guy who was selling glass as quartz (you could tell because it had bubbles in it?! Like that's such an obvious giveaway...) so I'm not entirely 100% on what they are - it could just be coloured glass. But otherwise, you're mostly right! There's blue lace agate, rose quartz, serpentine, and one more whos name entirely escapes me... I didn't buy them for their mineral properties, though;  I got them because they were pretty, so I'm very pleased in that regard.

I also bring a Reynir. Trying out a new style, here's to hoping I can get it to work in future ;u;

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #11755 on: May 08, 2017, 06:24:11 PM »
Wavewright62 - I got them off a real shady guy who was selling glass as quartz (you could tell because it had bubbles in it?! Like that's such an obvious giveaway...) so I'm not entirely 100% on what they are - it could just be coloured glass. But otherwise, you're mostly right! There's blue lace agate, rose quartz, serpentine, and one more whos name entirely escapes me... I didn't buy them for their mineral properties, though;  I got them because they were pretty, so I'm very pleased in that regard.

I also bring a Reynir. Trying out a new style, here's to hoping I can get it to work in future ;u;

Animesque Reynir...
Huh. SSSS would actually work pretty nicely as an anime, come to think of it.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #11756 on: May 08, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »

Sometimes quartz has inclusions that look like air bubbles. This is usually because the crystal formed around a bit of gas or liquid. The only thing a layperson can be absolutely sure is man-made glass without a test (that I'm aware of) is goldstone, dragon's breath opal and opalite. Goldstone is glass with metal flakes in it and opalite and dragons breath opal are kinds of glass developed to mimic common and precious opal. <end amateur gemologist lecture> (Sorry, I did a crap ton more research than I meant to for a personal project and now I'm word vomiting it up whenever I'm given half a chance)
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11757 on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
Sometimes quartz has inclusions that look like air bubbles. This is usually because the crystal formed around a bit of gas or liquid. The only thing a layperson can be absolutely sure is man-made glass without a test (that I'm aware of) is goldstone, dragon's breath opal and opalite. Goldstone is glass with metal flakes in it and opalite and dragons breath opal are kinds of glass developed to mimic common and precious opal. <end amateur gemologist lecture> (Sorry, I did a crap ton more research than I meant to for a personal project and now I'm word vomiting it up whenever I'm given half a chance)
It's cool; it's good to know! I didn't do mineralogy as part of my geology qualification so I only really know the basics of it (aka how it forms, and how to test for it), but this 'Quartz' failed the streak test and the bubbles were perfect spheres - something you don't get in naturally forming Quartz :P so I'm fairly confident it was fake.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 07:16:28 PM by Abprallen »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #11758 on: May 08, 2017, 07:28:06 PM »
Quartz versus glass can also be told by the fracture.

And lately we have had such a lot of wonderful art, way too much to comment on individually, but it's all great! Thank you, artists old and new!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Oemelmuff

• Tumblr
« Reply #11759 on: May 09, 2017, 03:17:06 AM »
spoiler for a little bit of nudity

Spoiler: show

i will leave this here.

hello and welcome yankai! thank you for contributing <3

and waveright- Reynir and that background go together too well x3

Fate is real! It is just really random