Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483682 times)

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #11580 on: April 02, 2017, 11:31:41 PM »
Now the big question is: would I, a female, be allowed to wear them? I mean LOOK AT THEM! They have pockets! Female skirts are apparently not allowed to have that because... I dunno, we're supposed to have a big strong male carry our phone in his pocket or what?

It's an old, old conspiracy to make us buy overpriced purses.  I say screw it and wear the goshdarn kilt!
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11581 on: April 02, 2017, 11:37:19 PM »
Now the big question is: would I, a female, be allowed to wear them? I mean LOOK AT THEM! They have pockets! Female skirts are apparently not allowed to have that because... I dunno, we're supposed to have a big strong male carry our phone in his pocket or what?
It's an old, old conspiracy to make us buy overpriced purses.  I say screw it and wear the goshdarn kilt!
As far as I'm aware, if a female wears a kilt, the Konspiritorial Kilt Kith don't swoop in and make them vanish, but I could be wrong.

...Now I'm considering wearing my kilt to WorldCon.

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #11582 on: April 02, 2017, 11:55:44 PM »

Given that even women's pants have only teeny-tiny pockets that can't comfortably hold anything bigger than a few coins... I'd say it is indeed a conspiracy. (Said screw it and started buying men's clothes over a decade ago.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11583 on: April 03, 2017, 12:11:28 AM »
I've tried the men's clothes alternative but my hips are too wide ;_;

Also Looney, DO EET! \o/ You can cosplay Lumberjack!Mikkel "from that fanart you know" :D
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #11584 on: April 03, 2017, 12:51:33 AM »
That's still a kilt, though; it's called a utilikilt.

Right. I learned the word only after posting the drawing on tumblr, from the tags people put on it. (And then I was able to look up better references and i'm now tempted to change my sketch to reflect that. Maybe when I have more time.) Sometimes, you'll know what things look like before you learn their names, especially when they're not part of your culture. I'm now reading about kilts and other skirt-type garments for men on Wikipedia, it's good information :) The conspiracy theorists might be happy to know that traditional kilts actually require a purse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporran

As far as I'm concerned, everyone's allowed to wear anything they like. Others may not like it, but they should keep it to themselves at least in non-totalitarian societies. I, for one, often find it attractive when people differ from what is traditional appearance for their gender.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #11585 on: April 03, 2017, 02:08:20 AM »
Don't see why women shouldn't wear kilts. Some of my male cousins from the Isles and Scotland wear them; the one who is a musician and dance caller in a Scottish dance band wears them all the time. It's a very attractive garment on both men and women, practical, and leaves lots of body freedom.

LooNEY, do wear your kilt. Not enough men wear them, or sarongs.....

Anna, the only problem with a woman wearing a kilt is that people may assume you are a Scottish country dancer. You can always wear it with a decorative sparkly kilt pin rather than the plain steel or silver ones the men wear.

Oemelmuff, those are cute and funny! Wolfrider Sigrun is very fine. Bearclaw would have approved!

Abprallen, those are very suitable colours for both of them.

Women's trousers, grrrr. I usually buy boy's pants, for the pockets and the better fabric quality (I'm short, most adult male clothes are way too big for me). When I can afford it, I have my pants made, both to get pockets in sufficient number and capacity and because one leg is a bit twisted and uneven.

Sc0ut, your Mikkel is a delight.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #11586 on: April 03, 2017, 05:04:52 AM »
I also wear men's clothes! Apart from trousers/jeans because I've been cursed with hips that don't seem to agree with men's clothes (they fit weirdly). But otherwise it's all guys stuff.
Drives my parents wild but *shrugs*

Thanks guys <3 <3

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11587 on: April 03, 2017, 05:17:45 AM »
Krisse - wonderful portraits!
Jhev - nice Lalli
GeyJin - oh, beautiful Lalli. But the pioneers! Gosh, it brings back memories (yes, I was part of this stupidity too), but why, oh, why couldn't we have Trond on the flag instead of Lenin?!
Unlos - wow! That pike looks so real! And singigng Mikkel is great! (preparing for Eurovision? ;D) Yes, we needed Sailor Onni too!
Windy - you have a tendency to break our hearts...
Abprallen - love the guys in summer dresses! And in skirts...
OwlsG0 - cool Reynir in a hoodie
Sc0ut - Oh. My. God. *_* I've lost my words... Mikkel is so gorgeous!
Oemelmuff - oh, I love these, especially the Cat-Tank!

Yesterday on Synchronised Screaming chat we were talking about the promt 'Emil and Reynir in Valhalla' and trying to find out what kind of heroic deed Emil should do to be taken there. The best we could came up was fighting the enemy with hairsparkles... So Laufey challanged me to draw this while she was writing a matching ficlet :D

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #11588 on: April 03, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
I happen to think Mikkel would look excellent in a skirt.

Wow I agree with you. I love the aesthetic of this, it's beautiful  :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11589 on: April 03, 2017, 06:29:36 PM »
More arts!  Smooches, Cattank, and men in skirts.  The lavalava is worn a lot around here, with so many Samoans & Tongans and other Polynesians in Auckland.  The Tongan brass bands even include them as part of their uniform (along with the woven mats tied around their hips), and to be honest, it's a lot more practical for those big people wielding euphoniums and basses.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #11590 on: April 03, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
Aaaaaaaah the last pages hold so much beauty <3 <3 <3!!!!! *showers artists with love and gratefulness*
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11591 on: April 04, 2017, 09:41:10 AM »
And once again I bob my head above the water to push some things your way. ^^;
Two Tuuris this time and an quasi-illustration to one of my fic where Emil and Lalli are in their late 30s and have a bunch of kids.
Things I have learned: I am shoddy with faces. Like, massively. I envy each and every one of you who manages to make the characters look like the original and then keep the look consistent. I also learned that I love drawing pictures where people actually do stuff. And heavy trucks.

Title: Emil and Helvi
Artist: Talimee
Contains: What is says on the lid. Emil (you wouldn't know it), Helvi (a previously unnamed child b/c she is not an adopted child of Emil's and Lalli's but the daughter of their help), groceries

Spoiler: show

Title: Tuuri
Contains: Tuuri, sitting at her desk/table in the middle of the night and daydreaming about all the adventures she will have in the future. Definitely pre-mission, since I imagine that the mission is not even in the planning stages here.

Title: Tuuri 2
Contains: Tuuri, cleaning up after repairs and maintenance in the Keuruu garage. Also pre-mission.

[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #11592 on: April 04, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
eeeee Tali, all three pictures are adorable! I am dead, your art has evolved and become deadly. Death by cute is a good way to go though.
(actually your art has always been deadly)

Emil would make the bestest parent ever! Go Emil!

(And hey, at least your art has faces *glances nervously at own art)
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #11593 on: April 04, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »

Teddy bears picnic O:-)
Part de-stress sketch, part 'I need to draw this out so I know what I'm doing' sketch for something I'm working on. Eeeek.
Feel free to colour if you wish!

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11594 on: April 04, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »
eeeee Tali, all three pictures are adorable! I am dead, your art has evolved and become deadly. Death by cute is a good way to go though.
(actually your art has always been deadly)

LE GASP! So you have been an Undead Windy all along?! But that is only a small price to pay for being praised, I guess. *preens herself*
Now for real: Thank you for the praise! I am glad you like the pics and find enjoyment in them. =)

Emil would make the bestest parent ever! Go Emil!

Well, dunno about that, but I headcanon him as wanting kids of his own very badly. And he has analysed stuff that happened in his childhood, which he will not repeat with his own kids - so I guess he has a good chance of becoming a good dad and even though he will make mistakes of his own I, at least, will not write about them. =)

(And hey, at least your art has faces *glances nervously at own art)

Pfft. It's part of your style, Windy. And in your style of drawing faces are not important. =)
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19: