Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483875 times)

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #11520 on: March 28, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »
Spoiler:  everybody has beards • show

I can no more explain this doodle than I can justify my desire to draw all the dudes in beards
This is amazing, oh my god

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11521 on: March 28, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #11522 on: March 28, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
I didn't draw any ssss for too long, so I doodled some.....

can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #11523 on: March 28, 2017, 04:30:38 PM »
The arts!  Big explosion of lovely arts lately.  Thank you to (reverse order of posting):
-- Krisse (you have such a way with Tuuri in particular),
-- Helia (because puffin), Windy (backgrounds even!),
-- OwlsGo (for a fleeting second I thought Sigrun had a beard too, but overall wonderment!),
-- Abprallen (maybe substitute Finnish patterns for Polynesian ones?),
-- Unlos (such a lovely composition and starry sky), and
-- Haiz (such lively portraits, esp the eye-popping Reynir)
-- Johannabelle (squeeeeed on tumblr, have I done so here?).
(Must draw soon myself, but still working through fic WIPs)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11524 on: March 28, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »
Abprallen: Perfect. What can I say.
Windy: Haha, spot on and beautiful!
Krisse: Cool to see ssss arts from you! Such a serious crew, is must be because of Tuuri..
Helia: wonderful Reynir. And wonderful hair! But there's a snake in there AAA I like snakes but not in my HAAAIIIR yikes!
OwlsGo: The beards! I wish I had more expletives but !!!!! Especially hipster bearded-ponytail-Lalli!
Wavewright, thank you! And I'm looking forward to more art from you ;D

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #11525 on: March 29, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
Heyo so I forgot to scan this and it's been sitting in my sketchbook for a while now.

:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11526 on: March 29, 2017, 01:47:24 PM »
I love his expression! The pencil shading is very pretty and clean  :)

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #11527 on: March 29, 2017, 04:33:44 PM »
It warms my heart to see all the wonderful new stuff! There are so many art, I only have time for a quick blanket appreciation <3
GeiYin, Abprallen, EOL, PickleChip, Jhev, Talimee, Windy, Sumeri, Johannabelle, cecetrash, Unlos, Haiz (!!!), OwlsG0 you are amazing!

Thank you *^*
Oh i saw this one on tumbler! So nice!

I didn't draw any ssss for too long, so I doodled some.....

Spoiler: show

Oh i fall in love with this Emil, and probably i'm sitting like yours Tuuri now

Heyo so I forgot to scan this and it's been sitting in my sketchbook for a while now.

Lovely details!

Also i suddenly decided to try traditional way too... (so hard after digital - mostly the fear to ruin everything with one wrong move)

Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11528 on: March 29, 2017, 05:14:10 PM »
Also i suddenly decided to try traditional way too... (so hard after digital - mostly the fear to ruin everything with one wrong move)

Beautiful! And I agree that traditional is scary, but can be liberating too.
(This from me who howls after the ctr+z and zoom function when I'm doing pen drawings, but at the same time, what's done is done)

I made another drawing, after the following prompt from minutia:
Something dreamworld?  Maybe Ensi in her haven?  (My personal headcanon for Ensi’s luonto is a pike but I’m flexible)

(Click for full size)

*edited because I had forgotten the kantele and the fur clasp*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:30:39 AM by Unlos »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11529 on: March 29, 2017, 06:30:03 PM »
(This from me who howls after the ctr+z and zoom function when I'm doing pen drawings, but at the same time, what's done is done)

Something dreamworld?  Maybe Ensi in her haven?  (My personal headcanon for Ensi’s luonto is a pike but I’m flexible)

(Click for full size)

Ho hum, another day, another 3 GOBSMACKING WONDERFUL ILLUSTRATIONS!!!  *ahem*

All Hotakainens, too.

Marvelous stuff, Jhev and GeiYin, I personally haven't done any digital.  At the moment, I'm not really tempted to do so, seeing as how my job is totally computer-centred, and I need to get a break from it sometimes.  I like the craftwork aspect of drawing and colouring.
I'm getting itchy to pull out some ink and do some monoprinting, maybe after the National (brass band) Contest is over, just before Anzac Day. A bit of swoopy action - I wonder what (red-headed action junkie) character would suit that?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #11530 on: March 29, 2017, 07:59:45 PM »
So much lovely art in recent weeks! It's hard to single out individual favourites, but I liked the expressions and shading of Krisse's portraits, Jhev's delicate pencil work, and I laughed so hard at OwlsGo's beards and Helia's waterfall of hair with decorations.

Unlos, that pike is so lifelike! That would be a good luonto for Ensi. My other guesses would be a pine marten or similar creature or, paradoxically, a deer.

Gei Yin, your traditional Lalli is beautiful! He looks a lot like Ensi. Is this the Lalli from the JStevens fanfic where he ends up living in Mora? I wondered because of the ponytail and the formal garb.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #11531 on: March 29, 2017, 11:36:37 PM »
I would quote you all but wow there's a decent amount of people so just thanks everyone so much!

Quote from: GeiYin
I love this! I really like how you did the shading.

Quote from: Unlos
This entire thing is gorgeous and it's a weird thing to center on, but I really love her boots! They just look so... leathery and real.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
« Reply #11532 on: March 30, 2017, 04:23:51 AM »

(Click for full size)

Ctrl+Z, Ctrl+T, Ctrl+U (Hue is SAI) i can't without this now X__X
Thank you also!

And i so impressed by how you draw the fabric *^*

Gei Yin, your traditional Lalli is beautiful! He looks a lot like Ensi. Is this the Lalli from the JStevens fanfic where he ends up living in Mora? I wondered because of the ponytail and the formal garb.
Can't deny anything since this exist :)
Spoiler: show
When Emil turned around to glance at Lalli, he saw that the Finn had shrugged out of his heavy outdoor jacket. Beneath it, he was dressed in a tunic similar to the type Emil was used to seeing him wear in Finland. But this one was different from those he'd seen Lalli wear to work in. They had been of rough-spun material, hardy and practical. This one was made of a smoother, snowy white material, with edging stitched in brilliant red thread. Even that small red band around the neck and hems made this perhaps the most colorful outfit he had ever seen Lalli wear. Emil wondered if it were some sort of dress uniform. His ash blond hair and grey eyes looked even paler in contrast.

I would quote you all but wow there's a decent amount of people so just thanks everyone so much!
I love this! I really like how you did the shading.
I still believe that coloring white, grey and black shadows is the worst, but thank you a lot!

Also I was drawing the gift for heiteru, but i can't stop myself from sharing this too xD
Welcome to USSR SSSS Pioneers' Camp AU!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:32:36 AM by GeiYin »
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #11533 on: March 30, 2017, 05:09:56 AM »
Wavewright, Róisín, Jhev, GeiYin, thank you! Up close, pikes are gobsmackingly beautiful with a very intricate pattern resembling sundappled water. Small dragons! Róisín, we still know so little about Ensi, but small, quick animals are guesses that resonate with me, too. And maybe a falcon. 

GeiYin, I love the group shot of them as pioneers! Great expressions and really fitting their personalities :tuuri: :emil: :lalli: :reynir: :sigrun: :mikkel:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #11534 on: March 30, 2017, 05:44:21 AM »
Unlos, yeah, falcon is also a possible. Small and quick and hardy in surviving was what I had in mind. And pike do have amazing colours - sort of a little like a trout, a little like an eel. I'd noticed the 'sun-dappled water' pattern, which also blends surprisingly well into the shadows under an overhanging bank or beside a sunken snag. Makes sense, since they are ambush predators.

Gei Yin, I thought it was that scene - very well caught. I like how you have done a more formal and prettier version of that blue braid he has on his tunic in the early scenes where he appears in the comic. And the team as Pioneers is charming. Sigrun, of course, with the trumpet, and Mikkel with the banner. Reynir saluting. Lalli with Kisu. And is that some sort of firework or rocket that Emil and Tuuri are looking at? Good work!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!