Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484316 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #10800 on: October 02, 2016, 04:02:05 PM »
I drew the SSSStar on my labcoat. Now I'm looking for something to draw on the back of my labcoat, to hide writing others made.
Since you say writing, I suppose it's very wide and thus difficult to cover up with imagery? Best to cover it up with another writing, then.

Stand still!
Scary science.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10801 on: October 02, 2016, 04:45:36 PM »
Since you say writing, I suppose it's very wide and thus difficult to cover up with imagery? Best to cover it up with another writing, then.

Stand still!
Scary science.

Exactly. Since it's rather wide (it's the school's logo, who puts that on the back of a labcoat??) the covering would have to be big, and for example a gigantic SSSS logo (the six pointed star sign) might be a bit boring.

I thought of another lab-related SSSS abbreviation: start stock standard solution. It's an actually used term. (The start stock standard solution is going to be diluted to the stock standard solution, which gets diluted further.)
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10802 on: October 02, 2016, 07:00:57 PM »
For the womenofssss - prologue characters challenge I made a Mia Västerström:

(it's kind of a rebellious feeling to use watercolours when everybody else is busy with the inktober thing)

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #10803 on: October 02, 2016, 08:01:04 PM »
For the womenofssss - prologue characters challenge I made a Mia Västerström:

(it's kind of a rebellious feeling to use watercolours when everybody else is busy with the inktober thing)

Hehe, do keep rebelling! I love seeing your watercolors. (And I did my first Inktober drawing on watercolor paper, so it's possible I could go back and add some color later. Hmmm...)

Anyway, speaking of Inktober, have some drawings! The first one could probably stand to be touched up a little (that paper is...not blue), but I was away from my computer yesterday so I had to make do with my phone's photo editing capabilities.

Tuuri in an Icelandic sweater! Reynir made it for her, and she can't get over how soft it is. :))

And I thought Emil and Lalli would appreciate nice sweaters too. (They can't get over how soft each other's sweaters are, hehehe).
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #10804 on: October 02, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »

This is so pretty, I love her little smile. :D

Anyway, speaking of Inktober, have some drawings! The first one could probably stand to be touched up a little (that paper is...not blue), but I was away from my computer yesterday so I had to make do with my phone's photo editing capabilities.
Kiraly, I love both of these so much, so cute! Those sweaters all look very comfy. ^^

I actually completely forgot about inktober, though now that I'm reminded I might do a few ink drawings, if I can figure out a way to take pictures of them. But for now, have a Lalli.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #10805 on: October 02, 2016, 09:52:43 PM »
Helia, your Mia is nice - I like the little hairclips.

Kiraly and Sumeri, the sweater characters are lovely! The Tuuri one looks like the Lopi sweaters I once knitted for husband, sons and cousin.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10806 on: October 03, 2016, 06:40:49 AM »
*squees at Helia's, Kiraly's and Johannabelle's art* So beautiful!

And yes, inktober! Lemme start by showing off yesterdays art since it was terrible:

The prompt was "noisy" and I mean... what could be more noisy than Sigrun with a megaphone? Not happy about it though...

TODAY'S ART ON THE OTHER HAND! I was serious about it!

Look, I was so serious Emil even got fingers on one hand! (Don't ask me what happened with the hand holding the book though, apparently it transformed into a paw somewhere...)
If anyone wanna know what the text is, I woke up with a certain song by Britney Spears stuck in my head today...
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10807 on: October 03, 2016, 07:01:46 AM »
Kiss Art Challenge - the prompt from Minutia_R was: Emil/Lalli, a kiss on the neck.
I sincerely apologize to the people who have seen this on tumblr already. ^^,

Morning Routine

[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10808 on: October 03, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »
Tali, your art is always a delight. ^^
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #10809 on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:02 AM »
Awww, that's so cute Windy! I laughed at the shot of Emil holding out his hand and Lalli veering away from it, hehehe.

And Tali, no need to apologize! This way we get to look at your lovely art again! :))

Kiraly, I love both of these so much, so cute! Those sweaters all look very comfy. ^^

I actually completely forgot about inktober, though now that I'm reminded I might do a few ink drawings, if I can figure out a way to take pictures of them. But for now, have a Lalli.

Aww, thanks! And I love this sweater you've given Lalli, it's so perfect for him!

The Tuuri one looks like the Lopi sweaters I once knitted for husband, sons and cousin.

Ooh, cool! I was trying to make it look as much like a real sweater pattern as I could (I may have googled "Icelandic sweater" to find references). All these sweaters are really making me wish I was better at knitting.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10810 on: October 03, 2016, 08:22:47 AM »
Awww, that's so cute Windy! I laughed at the shot of Emil holding out his hand and Lalli veering away from it, hehehe.

eeee, thanks! Glad I could make you laugh! ^_^

Tali, that's so very cute! I bet Lalli's gonna help him brush his hair afterwards \o/
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10811 on: October 03, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »
Tali, that's so very cute! I bet Lalli's gonna help him brush his hair afterwards \o/

I'm sure of it! Lalli is good in fluffing up Emil's hair as we have seen proof in the Dalahästen. =D
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #10812 on: October 03, 2016, 08:59:31 PM »
I'm sure of it! Lalli is good in fluffing up Emil's hair as we have seen proof in the Dalahästen. =D

He knows how to induce the sparkles - clearly the most important part of Emil hair care. :))

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #10813 on: October 04, 2016, 06:55:07 PM »
Did an ink sketch of Keuruu!Lalli for day 4 of Inktober.

tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10814 on: October 04, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
EEeeeee such loverly offerings lately!
Gorgeous sweater pics from Kiraly and Johannabelle!  I suppose the seasons are turning.
I haven't seen the Inktober challenge - normally that would be a piece of me? 
Windfighter - your vignettes are cute - I really like how you've got Emil running his fingers through his hair!
Talimee, I really like the pose and especially the steam wrapping behind them as a very effective background (things getting steamy?), but I have one quibble - isn't Lalli quite a bit taller than Emil?

Edit: a Google search for Inktober and I'm up to date.  But OMG such lovely pens recommended on the inktober.com site; they make me salivate.
I resolve to....make at least one Inktober drawing, more than that, dunno.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:12:13 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior