Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484265 times)

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #10395 on: July 29, 2016, 05:25:05 AM »
So, my brother told me to draw everyone but Mikkel as kids, and Mikkel babysitting them. So I did.
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #10396 on: July 29, 2016, 06:22:47 AM »
That's charmingly silly! Mikkel does not look at all pleased.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10397 on: July 29, 2016, 06:28:58 AM »
So, my brother told me to draw everyone but Mikkel as kids, and Mikkel babysitting them. So I did.

Ahahah! They're all so perfectly in character! Mikkel should keep an eye on little Emil, he might burn himself...
Reynir with his sheep plush is so cute!
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #10398 on: July 29, 2016, 09:42:04 AM »

I'm looking at this and all I can think is EMIL NO.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #10399 on: July 29, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
Blanket appreciation! *throws blankets at everyone* I'm sorry I don't comment on all the art, I don't know what to say D: It's all lovely though <3

Anyway, I come because on the trainride home I tried my hands on this thing called Digital Art and... well...

One day I will not put Emil in weird situations, but today is not that day!

I'm not very good at digital art...
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #10400 on: July 29, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
That is a fabulous first horse! Most people don't know it but horses and humans are the most difficult living beings on earth to draw. (Well maybe insects can almost a challenging if you go for realism.) Our skins fit so tightly and humans lack fur and equines (most of the time) have very short smooth shiny hair that does all kinds of light reflective tricks. Both horses and humans have lots of angles that challenges a person to remember to put them all in.

I have over 30 years looked for a book that has an easy hack for drawing horses. There isn't one. Horses are not easy so of course as a kid that is all I wanted to draw. I did find one very good book that hacks drawing all the other animals in the world:  Jack Hamm's "How To Draw Animals". He also wrote a good book on how to draw people too, I just thought it could have used an expansion. I don't think he meant it to be racist but he doesn't spend equal time on faces other than Caucasian. Concidering that this was originally published in the late 60's to early 70's in the U.S. I cut him a little slack on that part.

The way I found to improve my ability to draw horses was to take tracing paper and trace photographs of horses getting the outlines and the major structures. Then I would pull it off the photo and look at the photo to guide me in the shading. This trains your eyes and your hands in the correct movements to result in a realistic style. I will add this though if you don't wish to get stuck only drawing realistic style, then practice other looser styles along the way too. I practiced Realism for so long that when I was older and wanted to produce a picture in Primitive style (like Grandma Moses) I had a lot of trouble loosening up.

If you want to eventually do some very dynamic work with people and horses you should study the artwork of Frank Frazetta. It took me a long time to realized that he was breaking the rules of realism so subtly that it heightened the impact and made his figures seem ready to jump off the canvas. He takes you into the emotion of the scene not just the appearance.

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #10401 on: July 29, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »
On tumblr we talked about Sigrun in a dress (it's a long and opinionated story) so here is a warmup for today

reblog>>>http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/148168911228/anyway-regarding-the-previous-discussion-on-the
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #10402 on: July 29, 2016, 09:26:02 PM »
Aaaaaahhhhh, so much good art lately! Pokemon trainers, Emil with his flamethrower (Antillanka, those lines are so lovely) Sigrun on a horse, Sigrun in beautiful dresses (you know I love those, Ju, you make me want to write Sigrun-in-dresses fic), Lalli with a baby lynx on his head, Babysitter Mikkel, Emil caught in...whatever that purple thing is...basically my point is, all of this is wonderful and great and you're all amazing (even if I missed mentioning your art specifically). <3 <3 <3

In an effort to keep up with posting art here, I have drawn a happy Tuuri with flowers, a happy Reynir with flowers, and a happy picture of Reynir and Tuuri together. (Oh hey, when I post the two pencil drawings next together it looks like one drawing. Neat.)

Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #10403 on: July 29, 2016, 09:28:26 PM »

*giggle*
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #10404 on: July 29, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
Aaaaaahhhhh, so much good art lately! Pokemon trainers, Emil with his flamethrower (Antillanka, those lines are so lovely) Sigrun on a horse, Sigrun in beautiful dresses (you know I love those, Ju, you make me want to write Sigrun-in-dresses fic), Lalli with a baby lynx on his head, Babysitter Mikkel, Emil caught in...whatever that purple thing is...basically my point is, all of this is wonderful and great and you're all amazing (even if I missed mentioning your art specifically). <3 <3 <3

In an effort to keep up with posting art here, I have drawn a happy Tuuri with flowers, a happy Reynir with flowers, and a happy picture of Reynir and Tuuri together. (Oh hey, when I post the two pencil drawings next together it looks like one drawing. Neat.)

Ahhh, as usual these are super adorable. Seriously all of your fanworks are pretty whimsical and I love it <3

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #10405 on: July 29, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »

my new fav artist on this fandom >3<
I wish I could draw like you >//3//<
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #10406 on: July 29, 2016, 10:36:31 PM »
On tumblr we talked about Sigrun in a dress (it's a long and opinionated story) so here is a warmup for today

reblog>>>http://jureeya.tumblr.com/post/148168911228/anyway-regarding-the-previous-discussion-on-the

AAAAAAAAAAAH she's showing off her battle scars!

(And while Sigrun in feminine clothing isn't really my thing, I don't think I'll break out the pitchfork unless I see her going into combat wearing the dress. ;) )
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10407 on: July 30, 2016, 12:38:16 AM »

I have over 30 years looked for a book that has an easy hack for drawing horses. There isn't one. Horses are not easy so of course as a kid that is all I wanted to draw. I did find one very good book that hacks drawing all the other animals in the world:  Jack Hamm's "How To Draw Animals". He also wrote a good book on how to draw people too, I just thought it could have used an expansion. I don't think he meant it to be racist but he doesn't spend equal time on faces other than Caucasian. Concidering that this was originally published in the late 60's to early 70's in the U.S. I cut him a little slack on that part.

Our primary school library had a Jack Hamm book on people (was it called, "Cartooning the Head and Figure"? it's been 45 years after all), and I took it out dozens of times, it was my absolute favourite!  I had gone through a phase of drawing clumsy horses too, but I was mostly all about people (still am).  I drew in black Flair pen on every surface I could find, just like the book said, so many pages of eyes and mouths and hands and hair.... *reverie*

*snaps out of reverie at Jureeya's vision of Sigrun with Polynesian sleeves and a blue dress cut up to oh my goodness*

*goes back into reverie at Kiraly's flower-crowned Tuuri and Reynir*
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #10408 on: July 30, 2016, 02:05:29 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAH she's showing off her battle scars!

(And while Sigrun in feminine clothing isn't really my thing, I don't think I'll break out the pitchfork unless I see her going into combat wearing the dress. ;) )

However, suppose Sigrun wore the dress for a bet, or something like that; and then the need for combat came to her....
Anyone with talent for art or writing feel like taking that somewhere...?

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #10409 on: July 30, 2016, 02:57:59 AM »

I can't even properly articulate how much I love this, and it's not even entirely the fault that it's relatively early morning. ;D Just... Sigrun in dresses! Not only looking most best (those battle scars, that backless dress, oh my!) but I also love the idea that she'll wear a slinky dress if she damn well wants to when the occasion calls for something that isn't battle gear. ;D

(I know it's a protracted topic, and I'm not saying that other interpretations of Sigrun as more masculine or gender-neutral don't make sense or are less valid, but I also don't want to open this particular can of worms, I just really really love and appreciate what Ju did here with challenging some popular notions).
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)