Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484117 times)

Superdark33

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Magnificent Coatl
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #10035 on: June 08, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »
@Jureeya
[is cri]
<3

@Jhev
Your art is so adorable <3
Incumbent cutest and prettiest member of the fandom

Currently scheming....

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #10036 on: June 08, 2016, 09:25:03 AM »
As always, blanket appreciation to the glory of the art thread! May it forever brighten our days with arts!

Jureeya - You are seriously trying to kill us all aren't you? All these beautiful pieces of art, and Sigruns in particular >"< Deymn, but that is one amazing picture. The lighting is so warm, her expression so bang on, and dem muscles are spectacular! 10/10, would be killed by Sigurn again

Jhev - What a cutie, and I'm glad that today isn't the day you draw Lalli with his hood on, because then we wouldn't see the the great job you've done of his hair ^_^ and you're using the new brushes very well indeed too boot

Olga - Thank you for helping us survive until we see Reynir's hair down in the comic! He looks so peaceful surrounded by birds and music. A proper princess if ever I saw one :P

Sooooooo, I've been trying to read through the scriptorium these last few days (I fell behind by a month or so due to stuff), and one piece in particular seemed to force me to draw. From Lazy8's story "Keeping a secret" (prompt 53, and also inspired by a piece of art by Jureeya so looks like we're making a loop here :P ). There's some blood so under a spoiler. From the start of the story:
Spoiler: show

Couldn't get the expression I wanted on the smaller picture so enlarged headshot it was. I was drawing it at work during free periods with whatever was at hand, and felt sooooooo self conscious, but just couldn't stop drawing it, the story had left that much of an impression >"<
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Guardian G.I.

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • and normal people close
« Reply #10037 on: June 08, 2016, 02:13:20 PM »
Thanks everyone! @Shaeira killer Emil and Lalli =3=

Beach episode AU Sigrun speeeeed sketch (also I need a thirst aid kit)

(\o/)
Really nice work, Jureyya!
For some reason, those glasses and that orange colour scheme remind me of something... I think Breaking Bad or Max Payne 3. It's probably due to the glasses, though.
Fluent: :russia:
Very rusty:
Can understand, but not speak: :ukraine:
Learning: :uk: :germany:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #10038 on: June 08, 2016, 02:19:09 PM »

Sooooooo, I've been trying to read through the scriptorium these last few days (I fell behind by a month or so due to stuff), and one piece in particular seemed to force me to draw. From Lazy8's story "Keeping a secret" (prompt 53, and also inspired by a piece of art by Jureeya so looks like we're making a loop here :P ). There's some blood so under a spoiler. From the start of the story:

Couldn't get the expression I wanted on the smaller picture so enlarged headshot it was. I was drawing it at work during free periods with whatever was at hand, and felt sooooooo self conscious, but just couldn't stop drawing it, the story had left that much of an impression >"<

*_* Oh my gosh, that's intense! It looks awesome, even if it didn't turn out quite the way you were aiming it for.
(Looks like I'll have to read that story when I get a chance...)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #10039 on: June 08, 2016, 08:40:33 PM »
Gwenno, your Keeping A Secret art evokes the grim feeling of that story very well. Even if it didn't turn out just as you wanted - well, how often does art cooperate exactly with your vision? This piece works for me.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #10040 on: June 08, 2016, 09:35:09 PM »
Beach episode AU Sigrun speeeeed sketch (also I need a thirst aid kit)

(\o/)

Pretty! (Kinda want to see her with some cool battle scars now though... *hint* *hint*)

Oh... oh my... someone drew something for something I wrote... someone drew something for something I wrote... *floats away into Happy Place*

*_* Oh my gosh, that's intense! It looks awesome, even if it didn't turn out quite the way you were aiming it for.

Do let me know whether you end up crying. I'm keeping a running count. >:D
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #10041 on: June 08, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »
Quote from: ginger
Ahhhhh, I love your style! It is so unique, and so...I guess that I want to say innocent? Like I dunno, everybody you draw is so pure, I just wanna squish their faces and hug them. And I love the cleanliness of your lines. <3 Also, like, really solid foot positioning there? That's a challenge that you have clearly tackled with ease.
Quote from: Noodly Appendage
Jhev, that's a super cute Lalli! I like his hair a lot too.
Quote from: Superdark33
@Jhev
Your art is so adorable <3
Thanks you guys! ginger, I have no idea why, but I've always liked drawing feet. They make sense to me. Hands? No. The day I figure out how to draw hands like I draw feet I will be content.

Jureeya, yes. This is yes.

Gwenno, daaang, A++, and when the coworkers ask what you're doing, *cough*shove it in their faces and make them read SSSS*cough*
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10042 on: June 09, 2016, 06:37:42 AM »
Such nice arts lately, gosh! <3 <3
I'm nearly out from exam season,,, nearly,, so I doodled this the other night...late at night,,,, ok maybe the morning >_>
I don't know if it really counts as "crossover-crossover", so I'm just gonna put it here for you guys XD

i don't even know why it was Avenger's themed?? That's how late it wassssss (also i couldn't remember...costumes...)
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #10043 on: June 09, 2016, 06:51:42 AM »
I'm nearly out from exam season,,, nearly,, so I doodled this the other night...late at night,,,, ok maybe the morning >_>
I don't know if it really counts as "crossover-crossover", so I'm just gonna put it here for you guys XD

i don't even know why it was Avenger's themed?? That's how late it wassssss (also i couldn't remember...costumes...)

Wow, Owl, that's great! I didn't think about Marvel crossovers, but it's awesome! Especially Emil as Thor and Lalli as Loki
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10044 on: June 09, 2016, 07:08:17 AM »

I am sooo gigglesnorting laughing right now. This is absolutely gorgious and silly and I love it! XD XD XD
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #10045 on: June 09, 2016, 09:18:33 AM »
Thank you, and I would definitely recommend giving it a read! (but maybe have your tissues ready just in case.....)
Gwenno, your Keeping A Secret art evokes the grim feeling of that story very well. Even if it didn't turn out just as you wanted - well, how often does art cooperate exactly with your vision? This piece works for me.
In my experience, pretty much 0% of the time :P Mostly I let it slide and pretend that "yes, this is indeed what I had planned all along", but in this instance I felt the need to explain why there was a closeup of his face. I guess in truth there was also that I loved the challenge of conveying convincing emotion on a face which was mostly covered with a mask, so there was that too :3
Oh... oh my... someone drew something for something I wrote... someone drew something for something I wrote... *floats away into Happy Place*

Do let me know whether you end up crying. I'm keeping a running count. >:D
Well you can add one more to your list (okay, I didn't *actually* cry, but that was just because there were other people around. Drawing is my equivalent to crying/screaming/bad emotion reactions, so it totally counts though). I'm glad that it made you happy, especially because your fics have been making me really happy and you deserve nice things in return ^_^
Gwenno, daaang, A++, and when the coworkers ask what you're doing, *cough*shove it in their faces and make them read SSSS*cough*
Thank you Jhev ^_^ Sadly most of my coworkers can't speak or read English very well, so while maybe they would be able to appreciate the comic for it's pretty arts, most of the rest would be too difficult.

Hahah, these are great. The expressions you've given them are golden, and Emil totally rocks absolutely everything you've put him in and I refuse to believe anything else! I would 100% watch a movie with Shiny Thor and Lallki :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #10046 on: June 09, 2016, 10:03:35 AM »
Wow, Owl, that's great! I didn't think about Marvel crossovers, but it's awesome! Especially Emil as Thor and Lalli as Loki
hee! thanks! there have been other AvengerSSSS arts before (I remember the Quicksilver Lalli murdered meee) although I don't think anyone stuffed poor Lalli into a Loki outfit yet maybe... poor thing.. he would be the cattiest Loki X'D
I am sooo gigglesnorting laughing right now. This is absolutely gorgious and silly and I love it! XD XD XD
Yaaasssss! I'm glad! I was particularly proud of all the effort I put into the names u__u  ...  >_> "Golden Silk Orb" dats emil alright <_< (I'm just cracking up at "orb")
Hahah, these are great. The expressions you've given them are golden, and Emil totally rocks absolutely everything you've put him in and I refuse to believe anything else! I would 100% watch a movie with Shiny Thor and Lallki :P
Emil would continuously break things by accident and Lalli would continuously break things on purpose...
Emil: ANOTHER! *throws mug on the ground* Oh my gods... I'm so sorry I will pay for it...
Lalli: *wordlessly knocks mug off table* ...
E: And Lalli will pay for that...
L: ...
E: *sigh* And I will pay for that.

No one can trust Emil with a side-view mirror let alone mjölnir oh my god
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10047 on: June 09, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »
Emil would continuously break things by accident and Lalli would continuously break things on purpose...
Emil: ANOTHER! *throws mug on the ground* Oh my gods... I'm so sorry I will pay for it...

Bwahaha this postscript is almost as awesome as the original doodles, heeeee.  The sequenced headshots had me smiling, but unimpressed Lalli as Loki did me in, and now this dialogue....!!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #10048 on: June 10, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
hee! thanks! there have been other AvengerSSSS arts before (I remember the Quicksilver Lalli murdered meee) although I don't think anyone stuffed poor Lalli into a Loki outfit yet maybe... poor thing.. he would be the cattiest Loki X'DYaaasssss! I'm glad! I was particularly proud of all the effort I put into the names u__u  ...  >_> "Golden Silk Orb" dats emil alright <_< (I'm just cracking up at "orb")Emil would continuously break things by accident and Lalli would continuously break things on purpose...

Ahhhhhh Owl, these doodles are *delightful*. I am in awe of your ability to capture these delightful facial expressions.

also: Captain Sparkle somehow sounds like the biggest dork I've ever heard of, and I would like to see more of this incredible crossover
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:52:39 AM by ginger »
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #10049 on: June 10, 2016, 10:08:48 AM »
Jureeya: Pretty much all of your Sig fanart (well not just Sig) make me go " Hot daaaaamnn " because ., I mean just look at that !!

THIS IS PRICELESS I cant get over their names LALLKI omg <3
=======
I'd kind of feel bad posting stuff (that I already posted on tumblr) here...(it feels like I'm double-posting im sorry)
but I guess to those who doesnt have tumblr ^^ have a Patron saint of Troll Hunters (?? this was not intentional really XD )

Spoiler: some WIP of that ^^^^ • show

⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖