Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484363 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9945 on: May 28, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
I know that the crew-in-our-clothing thing has been done to death, but I've finally finished the last ones I had in the series.  I already posted Tuuri in some of my current clothes, but in these, the crew have found the vintage clothing stash.

Spoiler: "Emil, Lalli, Sigrun" • show

Emil plays dresser, Lalli rejects a few before deciding he likes my husband's grandfather's big woolen camel coat, and Sigrun is given a slinky little number that she rocks so well, she knocks out a few of the Minnions.
(Lars_B, Elleth, Noodly Appendage, I'm thinking these are you maybe.)  She was going to wear her knife belt over it, but in the end I decided not to.

Spoiler: "Mikkel, Onni, Reynir" • show

Lalli may have rejected some of these, but Onni and Reynir go for it.  Mikkel and Onni wear some of my husband's old 70s ruffly tux shirts, and in Mikkel's case a cummerbund as well.  I have no idea when Mikkel learnt to tie a proper bow tie.  Reynir feels pretty in a witchy taffeta number of my grandmother's and one of her bucket hats, although his foofy hair hides the grosgrain ribbon and bow.

Spoiler: "Notes" • show
My father's mother was in her late 60s already when I was born, and I never once saw her wear anything except a high-necked white blouse, sage green cardy, and dirndl skirt.  When she died, I helped clean out an upstairs storage space and found amazing clothes, scarves and hats.  She was an artist (former student of Mora's beloved Anders Zorn) and in her younger days had frequented Greenwich Village and even contributed to an artist's co-op for a while, hand-painting designs onto silk scarves and wooden beads.  I found several blouses and dresses that she had made herself, including the black taffeta number Reynir's wearing (which in life would look pretty stink on his flat chest), and yes, the uber-mod stretchy minidress that Sigrun wears!  30kg ago, I used to wear them too.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:21:14 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9946 on: May 29, 2016, 10:44:50 AM »
And I like 'Indoor voice, Thor'.
Especially considering that they seem to be in a place that doesn't seem to qualify as "indoors" even by their divine-perception-getting-in-the-way-of-wall-opacity standards ... :D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #9947 on: May 29, 2016, 04:17:34 PM »
Wavewright, I like seeing the interaction between the crew members, in addition to the clothes. Sigrun would be convinced that she looked awesome, no matter what she was wearing, wouldn't she? (Of course, she would be right.) Onni's face, and Mikkel's concentration, are delightful.
It's such fun to look through clothes from earlier times!

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #9948 on: May 29, 2016, 04:36:59 PM »

Such a beautiful smile  ^-^

They're so cute :3
Spoiler: "Emil, Lalli, Sigrun" • show

Emil plays dresser, Lalli rejects a few before deciding he likes my husband's grandfather's big woolen camel coat, and Sigrun is given a slinky little number that she rocks so well, she knocks out a few of the Minnions.
(Lars_B, Elleth, Noodly Appendage, I'm thinking these are you maybe.)  She was going to wear her knife belt over it, but in the end I decided not to.

Spoiler: "Mikkel, Onni, Reynir" • show

Lalli may have rejected some of these, but Onni and Reynir go for it.  Mikkel and Onni wear some of my husband's old 70s ruffly tux shirts, and in Mikkel's case a cummerbund as well.  I have no idea when Mikkel learnt to tie a proper bow tie.  Reynir feels pretty in a witchy taffeta number of my grandmother's and one of her bucket hats, although his foofy hair hides the grosgrain ribbon and bow.

Spoiler: "Notes" • show
My father's mother was in her late 60s already when I was born, and I never once saw her wear anything except a high-necked white blouse, sage green cardy, and dirndl skirt.  When she died, I helped clean out an upstairs storage space and found amazing clothes, scarves and hats.  She was an artist (former student of Mora's beloved Anders Zorn) and in her younger days had frequented Greenwich Village and even contributed to an artist's co-op for a while, hand-painting designs onto silk scarves and wooden beads.  I found several blouses and dresses that she had made herself, including the black taffeta number Reynir's wearing (which in life would look pretty stink on his flat chest), and yes, the uber-mod stretchy minidress that Sigrun wears!  30kg ago, I used to wear them too.

We can never have enough crew members in our clothing especially of the older fashion ;D

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:39:13 PM by Puls3 »
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

laila

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9949 on: May 29, 2016, 08:25:33 PM »

Okay, so it took me a long time to work up to my second piece of Stand Still, Stay Silent fanart. Mostly because I've been spending it trying to work out where my limits lie, and also how to Photoshop. I think holding off was for the best, though, because I've got a far better idea of what exactly I can get out of myself, my tablet and my art programs now. And now I can stop hiding from the fanart thread, which is great. Time to go back over everything I missed. :)

Tuuri needs more cake in her life.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:51:18 PM by laila »
Native: :uk:
Horrible: :germany:
Survived: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9950 on: May 29, 2016, 08:43:22 PM »

Okay, so it took me a long time to work up to my second piece of Stand Still, Stay Silent fanart. Mostly because I've been spending it trying to work out where my limits lie, and also how to Photoshop. I think holding off was for the best, though, because I've got a far better idea of what exactly I can get out of myself, my tablet and my art programs now. And now I can stop hiding from the fanart thread, which is great. :)

WHOA. This is beautiful! I love all the little details (her earrings! So adorable!) and the red tips in her hair are fun. I agree, Tuuri deserves all the cake. :))

wavewright62 those drawings are really fun, I cracked up at the outfits Mikkel and Onni are wearing! And it's cool to read that little bit of family history too.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9951 on: May 29, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »

Okay, so it took me a long time to work up to my second piece of Stand Still, Stay Silent fanart. Mostly because I've been spending it trying to work out where my limits lie, and also how to Photoshop. I think holding off was for the best, though, because I've got a far better idea of what exactly I can get out of myself, my tablet and my art programs now. And now I can stop hiding from the fanart thread, which is great. Now to go back over everything I missed. :)

Oh my gosh, she's so cute, the way you draw her! < 3
And yeah, she definitely needs more cake in her life. < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #9952 on: May 29, 2016, 09:27:42 PM »

Okay, so it took me a long time to work up to my second piece of Stand Still, Stay Silent fanart. Mostly because I've been spending it trying to work out where my limits lie, and also how to Photoshop. I think holding off was for the best, though, because I've got a far better idea of what exactly I can get out of myself, my tablet and my art programs now. And now I can stop hiding from the fanart thread, which is great. Now to go back over everything I missed. :)

*gasp*

This is too cute. I love her hair. I really do feel like if she lived in our day and age she probably would be one to dye her hair fun colors like that. She'd probably dress super precious like that too :3
I'm hoping she does get plenty enough spoils from the mission to buy all of the cute cakes and pastries.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9953 on: May 29, 2016, 09:37:05 PM »
*gasp*

This is too cute. I love her hair. I really do feel like if she lived in our day and age she probably would be one to dye her hair fun colors like that. She'd probably dress super precious like that too :3
I'm hoping she does get plenty enough spoils from the mission to buy all of the cute cakes and pastries.

New head canon: after the mission, Tuuri and Reynir will run a bakery together! "All baked good infused with love and magic!"
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9954 on: May 29, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »
Sweet Tuuri! I can just see her becoming very successful because she looks so sweet and is such a weasel. Nobody could resist her!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #9955 on: May 29, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »
New head canon: after the mission, Tuuri and Reynir will run a bakery together! "All baked good infused with love and magic!"
Sweet Tuuri! I can just see her becoming very successful because she looks so sweet and is such a weasel. Nobody could resist her!
I, need this  :o I might try to write this ??

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

laila

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9956 on: May 29, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »
Thank you, everyone. I really enjoyed drawing that picture, so I'm glad to know other people like it too!

I shamelessly stole the idea of Tuuri and bakery goods from the extra comic at the end of the first volume, so that's another thing to thank Minna for. She was happy with Teeny Cake, but I see no reason why a girl can't dream of bigger and better things. And yeah, I definitely think she'd get creative with hair dye and accessories if she was able to. I also think Reynir might just gravitate to ridiculous clothing if he was let loose in a shopping centre, but that's a picture for another day which I may or may not be totally planning to draw. ;)
Native: :uk:
Horrible: :germany:
Survived: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9957 on: May 29, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »
Yesssssss. Please do.  :))
And laila, my gosh, such a cute Tuuri! <3
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #9958 on: May 29, 2016, 10:57:26 PM »

Okay, so it took me a long time to work up to my second piece of Stand Still, Stay Silent fanart. Mostly because I've been spending it trying to work out where my limits lie, and also how to Photoshop. I think holding off was for the best, though, because I've got a far better idea of what exactly I can get out of myself, my tablet and my art programs now. And now I can stop hiding from the fanart thread, which is great. Time to go back over everything I missed. :)

I'd say that the wait was totally worth it ^^ your Tuuri looks so absolutely gorgeous <3 <3 <3 !!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9959 on: May 29, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »

YESSSS please do! *is shamelessly in favor of any story about Reynir and Tuuri*

And laila I will be really excited to see that Reynir drawing when you do it, just saying. ;)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: