Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484305 times)

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9915 on: May 24, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
A very silly cartoon/doodle thingy

Freyja: This is why we can't have nice mages, Thor. THIS IS WHY
And. I can't believe I had Odin say "idk". *waits to be struck down by lightning*
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:01:06 PM by Tr »
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #9916 on: May 24, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »

Nice touch, adding Memory and thought on Odinn's shoulders
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9917 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:45 PM »
Nice touch, adding Memory and thought on Odinn's shoulders
Ooh, you noticed! Thanks!
Yep, that was totally NOT me making up for how I don't know which eye Odinn traded for a drink from Mimir's well!  :-[
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9918 on: May 24, 2016, 11:36:43 PM »
I'm just going to mass reply to everyone because there's too many people, you're all great and have wonderful drawings!

I kept trying to draw an OC of mine and for some reason Reynir came out two hours later and honestly I'm kind of annoyed.

also what are backgrounds
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #9919 on: May 24, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »

And. I can't believe I had Odin say "idk". *waits to be struck down by lightning*

Oh, this is hysterical!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #9920 on: May 26, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
Jhev, Reynir would probably apologize for ending up there instead of the OC. He just tried to help? He looks good!
Tr: Haha, I thought of this when I read todays comic. Seems that Sigrun agrees this is what'll happen if he keeps apologizing :reynir:
:sparkle: Throws appreciative sparkles for those not mentioned, but very much admired :sparkle::sparkle:

This is the response to the Multimedia exchange, with Minutias prompt of Mikkel carrying Sigrun piggyback.

Spoiler: some WIPs and a reference • show

The reference was made in Designdoll. What a great program! stock photos that I normally use for reference, often don't have exactly the pose or angle I'm looking for, and all too often they don't show the feet. Without a reference, feet are ugh. All right enough of the advertising now. It took me an evening to make the pose, and this whole thing has taken several evenings and a sore shoulder. But I am really pleased with how it turned out!
Ten points for guessing where the bandage came from!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:15:43 PM by Unlos »

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #9921 on: May 26, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »
Unlos, that's magnificent!
The poses, their expressions - exhaustion and stoicism on Sigrun, deliberately-contained anxiety on Mikkel - and it looks as though they just used that tree behind them to get Sigrun boosted up onto Mikkel's back.
I will dissolve into incoherence here....

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #9922 on: May 26, 2016, 05:07:05 PM »
This is the response to the Multimedia exchange, with Minutias prompt of Mikkel carrying Sigrun piggyback.

I'm just... gonna stare at this... I'm waiting for a script to run anyway...

*is still staring at the screen several hours later*

ETA: Incessant staring has paid off already; I just noticed that Mikkel has used his own undershirt for bandages.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:08:58 PM by Lazy8 »
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #9923 on: May 26, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
Here is the first watercolour arts I did since I finally got a good paper for it!

Spoiler: self-critizing • show
there are goods and bads in this
- bad is that I made a mistake on the sketch and didn't notice even after finishing the colouring, only noticed it after I scanned it. it is typical mistake I do especially on paper..... I hate this now because of that.....
- good it was fun and I think I figured out how to use watercolour because before I didn't even know how to even do anything to make look like this. and when I did the sketch I was scared I can1t do any good bg, but I think I managed it well enough. the colouring itself I love.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #9924 on: May 26, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
Martti, Can't believe that is watercoloured, looks amazing!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:38:37 PM by Basse »
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9925 on: May 26, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »
Jhev, Reynir would probably apologize for ending up there instead of the OC. He just tried to help? He looks good!
Tr: Haha, I thought of this when I read todays comic. Seems that Sigrun agrees this is what'll happen if he keeps apologizing :reynir:
:sparkle: Throws appreciative sparkles for those not mentioned, but very much admired :sparkle::sparkle:

Spoiler: some WIPs and a reference • show

The reference was made in Designdoll. What a great program! stock photos that I normally use for reference, often don't have exactly the pose or angle I'm looking for, and all too often they don't show the feet. Without a reference, feet are ugh. All right enough of the advertising now. It took me an evening to make the pose, and this whole thing has taken several evenings and a sore shoulder. But I am really pleased with how it turned out!
Ten points for guessing where the bandage came from!

*_* This is amazing!

Here is the first watercolour arts I did since I finally got a good paper for it!

I already told you that I think this is gorgeous but I WILL SAY IT AGAIN because it's gorgeous < 3
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #9926 on: May 26, 2016, 07:26:12 PM »
Martti, that's really cool! It makes me want to watercolor *-*
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #9927 on: May 26, 2016, 07:54:03 PM »
Martti, that is amazing work! It's hard to believe that's your first piece with satisfactory paints and paper!
Hey, if you're not happy with one thing in an artwork, just do what you can to make it better, then call it a 'design element' - and don't stop being pleased with the rest of it!
I am very much impressed!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9928 on: May 26, 2016, 09:51:31 PM »
Tr and Jhev those are sweet. And I like 'Indoor voice, Thor'.

Unlos, such wonderful detail! And expressions. Mikkel's concerned face. And I guess he doesn't have his kit, because that bandage does look like his undershirt.

Martti, your watercolours are progressing excellently, and I like how you have Onni practising. Is he using his kantele to sing up that tree of water? It's lovely.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9929 on: May 27, 2016, 12:14:05 AM »

Spoiler: self-critizing • show
there are goods and bads in this
- bad is that I made a mistake on the sketch and didn't notice even after finishing the colouring, only noticed it after I scanned it. it is typical mistake I do especially on paper..... I hate this now because of that.....
- good it was fun and I think I figured out how to use watercolour because before I didn't even know how to even do anything to make look like this. and when I did the sketch I was scared I can1t do any good bg, but I think I managed it well enough. the colouring itself I love.

What I do when I hate a new work is...set it aside for a few years.  Later I can see the flaws but they don't bother me anymore.

Anyway, the water is lovely and sinous in line, but what I really like is the treatment of the legs, which is where your new technique really gets shown off.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior