Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2483984 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9885 on: May 20, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »
(So much good art recently and I've been neglecting to comment, sorry! You're all amazing though, this thread gives me life. :)))

Martti that's a really nice Sigrun! The paper does make a difference though, you're right that. I don't have specific recommendations for paper because different people prefer different paper textures (I prefer smooth hot press paper, but others like paper with more texture) and I'm not sure what's available where you are. But if there's a store that sells art supplies that you can get to, check with them to see if they have watercolor paper. And as Antillanka said, tape it down (you can get special tape for this) to keep it from warping.

Watercolors can be tricky, and I definitely don't have all the answers for them - all the skills I have are completely self-taught. But there are tutorials out there, and the more you play around with them and try new things, the easier it will get.

Edit: Oh yeah, I came in here for a reason. Here, I doodled a tiny Reynir with a sun hat!

While watching Jureeya's stream the other night someone joked that maybe the reason Reynir's parents used the Dagrenning program was to keep from passing on the curse of the redhead, aka "skin that burns if you even think about the sun". Another joke was made about the family going to Bornholm to see the palm trees and leaving him at home, and I suggested this as an alternative. Then I had to draw it, because, you know, baby Reynir in a sun hat.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:36:19 PM by Kiraly »
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #9886 on: May 21, 2016, 12:50:35 AM »
Edit: Oh yeah, I came in here for a reason. Here, I doodled a tiny Reynir with a sun hat!

While watching Jureeya's stream the other night someone joked that maybe the reason Reynir's parents used the Dagrenning program was to keep from passing on the curse of the redhead, aka "skin that burns if you even think about the sun". Another joke was made about the family going to Bornholm to see the palm trees and leaving him at home, and I suggested this as an alternative. Then I had to draw it, because, you know, baby Reynir in a sun hat.
This is co cute I'm gonna die !

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #9887 on: May 21, 2016, 03:49:27 AM »
I've missed so much this month and I've been loving every single piece of art so far, I just want to keep all of them in a corner for myself to enjoy for ever <3 <3

Cuteness overload <3

Face of epicness
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9888 on: May 21, 2016, 09:00:30 AM »

Onni on this fine Tuesday!
*is dead and needs her spirit guided*
*a lot*
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9889 on: May 21, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »
HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I POSTED ART HERE....................... a really long time that's what.
but hey!! a certain someone commissioned me to draw yet another valkyrja!sgru because there will never be enough of them, and with motivation like that (moeny+sigrun), I produced this:

with this offering i beg the sigrunvoid to grant me bravery and safe passage through upcoming exams.
you'll know where to find me.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #9890 on: May 21, 2016, 10:01:12 AM »
HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I POSTED ART HERE....................... a really long time that's what.
but hey!! a certain someone commissioned me to draw yet another valkyrja!sgru because there will never be enough of them, and with motivation like that (moeny+sigrun), I produced this:

with this offering i beg the sigrunvoid to grant me bravery and safe passage through upcoming exams.

That is a terrifyingly awesome Sigrun. Wow.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9891 on: May 21, 2016, 10:57:20 AM »

Holy o_o
That is amazing! I bet the person who commissioned it is so pleased.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #9892 on: May 21, 2016, 03:00:23 PM »

I've been commenting on this picture everywhere so why not comment on it here as well, it's awesome and perfect and I don't even know how to properly describe my feelings, but I can't stop staring at it, it's just... so beautiful. Perfect, terrifying. Yessss. :3
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9893 on: May 21, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
Ok so I have one more piece of paper left on my watercolour pad. Somebody request an idea because I haven't done enough ssss art lately. (I will do the first request that is posted as long as it is possible)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
« Reply #9894 on: May 21, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
Ok so I have one more piece of paper left on my watercolour pad. Somebody request an idea because I haven't done enough ssss art lately. (I will do the first request that is posted as long as it is possible)

Emil, a few years later, doing his job as a Cleanser. With the usual....gusto...of the Cleansers regarding fire and explosions.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #9895 on: May 21, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »

How about... Lalli & Reynir looking at the stars in the dreamworld, like in this fic? I would love to see that!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9896 on: May 21, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »
Origami Baka Neko? :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #9897 on: May 22, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »
That is a terrifyingly awesome Sigrun. Wow.
that's what i was going for, so thank you a bunch ^_~

Holy o_o
That is amazing! I bet the person who commissioned it is so pleased.
aa thanks! and I THINK SO:

I've been commenting on this picture everywhere so why not comment on it here as well, it's awesome and perfect and I don't even know how to properly describe my feelings, but I can't stop staring at it, it's just... so beautiful. Perfect, terrifying. Yessss. :3
^_________________________________________^
you'll know where to find me.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9898 on: May 22, 2016, 05:56:23 PM »
It's really hard to keep up with this thread - but it's good, because of all the awesome art :sigrun:
And thanks for the compliments from... a week ago

Scout - that's a most best Sigrun - and so nice to see art from you again
ginger - your doodles are cute
Olga - it's so beautiful but sad at the same time. We came to love Reynir's braid too much...
urbicande - even if I have zero clue about the crossover, but a great Sigrun is great.
Gwenno - :D Reynir looks so natural as a manga schoolgirl!
Unlos - wow, this is seriously a perfect piece of art! And it's nice to see Siv and Torbjörn
Jureeya - what a cool Onni (I though it was Hannu too at first, probably because of the slim cheeks)
           oh, Reynir and Emil are awesome
Antillanka - ah, this is great, I just love Lalli's expression :D
Luth - nice, you're getting better and better, Lalli looks especially good
Martti - Love Sigrun's slightly mischievous smile! And yes, paper matters a lot, but if you use a lot of water (like I do), it won't be absolutely flat even with the best aquarell paper...
Kiraly - tiny Reynir is cute!
Haiz - ah, I can't believe my eyes! It's such a pleasure to see a new art from you - and what an art! I don't want to be an enemy of Sigrun...

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #9899 on: May 22, 2016, 06:34:51 PM »
Martti - Love Sigrun's slightly mischievous smile! And yes, paper matters a lot, but if you use a lot of water (like I do), it won't be absolutely flat even with the best aquarell paper...

I have NEVER used lot of water before, I always used like one drop for the whole art... and the art always looked weird in some way, it was not as nice as I wanted ever, even I tried to use them
but this time I tried something else and used a lot of water, which made the effect I always wanted to do with watercolours! like those water-colour arts I saw and loved
but now the paper is my problem.

and I had only simple paper (not copy paper, even though I use copy paper normally), which was not waterproof enough
I didn't get any good paper yet, but tomorrow I'll try to buy some, or next week, depends when and where I can find something.

I always wondered how watercolour artists do so well.........
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: