Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484050 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9780 on: May 11, 2016, 04:47:09 PM »
Okay, Fellows, I finally got my lazy butt off the ground and started drawing and scanning. My own scanner is apparently to old for Win7! Who would've thought?! So I had to use the one from my flatmate and should have wiped the glass first, I guess.
Anyhow, I present you with Sigrun cosplaying a Norman (source: Bayeux Tapestry)

Spoiler: show

and with two companion pictures to Kiraly's wonderful fanfiction "Before It Was Cool". The story centers mostly around Tuuri and Reynir, but Emil and Lalli in the background of the story are just too adorable and dorky to be ignored. And after last night's update I think we can all use a bit of fluff with modern-times AU Emil&Lalli texting each other.

I so like this style, and Sigrun as a warrior is always a good fit.  Emil as a bored clerk cracks me up.  At least he doesn't have to wear a hairnet, that would just be tooooo real.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #9781 on: May 11, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »
Okay, Fellows, I finally got my lazy butt off the ground and started drawing and scanning. My own scanner is apparently to old for Win7! Who would've thought?! So I had to use the one from my flatmate and should have wiped the glass first, I guess.
Anyhow, I present you with Sigrun cosplaying a Norman (source: Bayeux Tapestry)

and with two companion pictures to Kiraly's wonderful fanfiction "Before It Was Cool". The story centers mostly around Tuuri and Reynir, but Emil and Lalli in the background of the story are just too adorable and dorky to be ignored. And after last night's update I think we can all use a bit of fluff with modern-times AU Emil&Lalli texting each other.

I just adore the jolly cosplay Sigrun is rocking and the adorable Emil/Lalli paintings makes my heart melt. <3 You should draw more often.  :))
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9782 on: May 11, 2016, 07:08:42 PM »
Talimee, those are great and funny. Lalli's coffee mug and dead potplant, heh!

There has been so much wonderful art in the last week or two! I haven't commented much, but it has all been a delight.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #9783 on: May 11, 2016, 09:25:30 PM »
Talimee: That is a excellent Norman cosplay. First thoughts went for that before reading it.
(I might like history)
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9784 on: May 11, 2016, 10:48:14 PM »
Hello friends! Here's the result of the longest stream ever (and it was rad thank you if you came! ^ ^ )

oooooooriginal post here

EDIT: originally forgot to give reynir his freckles omfg how could i
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:13:58 AM by Jureeya »
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #9785 on: May 11, 2016, 11:04:53 PM »
Jureeya, Daaang, that is... A+. My words are failing. Plus Emil's ponytail is distracting me.

Talimee, Is that inked with like, actual pens?? How did you keep it that clean? This is lovely, Norman Sigrun is awesome.

Also, I made a thing

I feel like I've learned more about digital art from being in this fandom this past month than in the years I've been fiddling with my tablet. :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:46:36 AM by Jhev »
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9786 on: May 12, 2016, 06:50:00 AM »
I so like this style, and Sigrun as a warrior is always a good fit.  Emil as a bored clerk cracks me up.  At least he doesn't have to wear a hairnet, that would just be tooooo real.

And destroying his hairstyle? Never! XD
Actually one doesn't see hair-nets on people working the counter with costumers where I live so I just drew what I knew. ^^;

Basse, Roísín, Letizia, Puls3, cati - thanks for commenting. I am glad you guys liked the pictures and I will try to draw more in the future. <3 And Roísín, a dead pot-plant is a must-have in every coder's lair. XD Or in every room I happen to live in. I haven't got rid of my last one in the hope the other's are too spooked by it's corpse and continue not-dying on me.

Talimee, Is that inked with like, actual pens?? How did you keep it that clean? This is lovely, Norman Sigrun is awesome.

It is inked with actual pens. And about how I keep it clean -- biting my tongue, hoping and praying that my hand doesn't slip and cursing like a docker when it does. And once it's scanned touch up the mistakes, like Lalli's leg which went through the table. XD

Also, I made a thing

I feel like I've learned more about digital art from being in this fandom this past month than in the years I've been fiddling with my tablet. :D

That is sweet. He looks so self-content. =)
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9787 on: May 12, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »
Hello friends! Here's the result of the longest stream ever (and it was rad thank you if you came! ^ ^ )

oooooooriginal post here

EDIT: originally forgot to give reynir his freckles omfg how could i

I start to feel slightly stupid when commenting on your art but here it goes again: They are so dreamy! This is so lovely! *starry eyed*
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.

Survived:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9788 on: May 12, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
I start to feel slightly stupid when commenting on your art but here it goes again: They are so dreamy! This is so lovely! *starry eyed*

whaaat why do you feel stupid? I love your comments ^ ^ !

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9789 on: May 12, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
whaaat why do you feel stupid? I love your comments ^ ^ !

But it's basically always the same! Sure, I could try to comment on the subtlety of light-and-shadow-play on something or other, but then I look at the boys again and my brain's empty. XD

Survived:

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #9790 on: May 12, 2016, 09:35:15 PM »
But it's basically always the same! Sure, I could try to comment on the subtlety of light-and-shadow-play on something or other, but then I look at the boys again and my brain's empty. XD

That's how I continually feel about this entire thread. So much amazing art, and the best I can do is "oo!" and "ah!" and "pretty!" like an imbecile.

So in reference to everything ever posted here - Oo! Aa! Pretty!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9791 on: May 12, 2016, 09:53:06 PM »

That's how I continually feel about this entire thread. So much amazing art, and the best I can do is "oo!" and "ah!" and "pretty!" like an imbecile.

So in reference to everything ever posted here - Oo! Aa! Pretty!

THOSE ARE EXCELLENT COMMENTS TOO! (seriously, every bit of feedback just makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside and <3 <3 <3. @Artists y'all feel this too right?)

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9792 on: May 12, 2016, 10:08:21 PM »
Second Wyrm's comment. I can't make art at all, but I love this thread.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #9793 on: May 13, 2016, 01:23:07 AM »
Someone should really take away my computer once it hits 11:00 p.m. >.<

MY DIGITAL SKILLS ARE SLOWLY GROWING, ONE FANART AT A TIME.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Superdark33

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Magnificent Coatl
« Reply #9794 on: May 13, 2016, 05:00:13 AM »
@Jhev soon you will become THE MOST POWERFUL DIGIDRAWER IN THE GALAXY

@Jureeya i was on that stream and even before all the light effects i told you what i think of this piece ♡
Now quadraple that and youll get my opinion for its final form  ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Incumbent cutest and prettiest member of the fandom

Currently scheming....