Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484023 times)

curiosity

• Scout
  • I fought the law, and the law won
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2014, 11:43:30 AM »
Yay, I saw this on your tumblr a while ago and fell in love that very moment!
Emil's hair is MAAAAAGIC, it stuns enemies with its sparkling beauty, and they melt, admire, give him cookies and join his hair's fan-club. Headcanon accepted  ;D
And Lalli's facial expression is quite authentic, yes.
The proverb lies, I've never killed a cat.
Perfectly fluent: :russia: :ukraine:          Desperately need to revise: :france:
Decently fluent: :uk:                Forgot everything: :germany:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »
Not very exciting, but I drew a quick (10-15 minutes I think?) sketch of Lalli yesterday with a ballpoint pen and a blue felt tip pen. I'm just trying to get the hang of their faces until I can find the time to draw something better ;)
Oh wow, how do you get such excellent texture with a ball-point pen? It's amaaaaaazing! (Also, HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS, SHIPPER FRIEND)

I'm planning on doing lots more SSSS fan art but for now I shall place this doodle here for your viewing pleasure:

I just woke up and this made me laugh for a solid 2-3 minutes... excellent work! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

P__

« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2014, 11:55:51 AM »
This is awful u.u

I'm very sorry, but I simply had to illustrate Solovei's text "Dream" (you'll find it in the scriptorium ofc)

(also, first post on the forum  ;D I shall go introduce myself and all)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:33:24 PM by P__ »
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »
Hehehe thanks guys :D I love the dynamic between those two. XD I shall definitely be making some more art of them. I have another portrait of Lalli that I want to clean up and post too. I might restart it though, it's not speaking to me like before :/ (I mean that metaphorically. I don't do drugs... not after The Incident)
Find me on tumblr.

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
I'm planning on doing lots more SSSS fan art but for now I shall place this doodle here for your viewing pleasure:

Haha I love it, the faces are PERFECT.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »
This is awful u.u

I'm very sorry, but I simply had to illustrate solovei's text "Dream" (you'll find it in the scriptorium ofc)

Couldn't have done it better myself  ;)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
Ahh wow guys these are so great! :D I especially love the TrinkaSten's sailor parodies, and Lenny & Almond-Goddess' work, wow. :3 Lenny, are you South African?

I'm trying to picture how Emil and Lalli would react if they were to see this. A mix of horror and indignation (and a little pride on Emil's part. I mean look at that mane)   :P

ConnieMW

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »

Hope I'm doing this right, eep! I'm terrible with computers. Anyways, here is a little watercolour of Lalli I whipped up. Hope y'all like it :3

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
Oh wow, how do you get such excellent texture with a ball-point pen? It's amaaaaaazing! (Also, HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS, SHIPPER FRIEND)

HELLO TO YOU TOO, and thanks, both for the welcome and the compliments on my drawing c:

As for the texture, I'm not really sure? I just draw, and then whatever happens happens... Well, I guess I simply use varying pressure when I draw. If you draw very lightly with a ball point pen you can get some interesting textures, and it's actually pretty great for shading too! I've had to learn the hard way, though, that every pen is slightly different, so the best advice I can give is to get to know the tool you're working with ;)

Jane the Mystic

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »
Hahaha I can't even shop anymore...

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:36:45 AM by Jane the Mystic »

Solovei

• Tumblr
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »
Soo, I was thinking that we see A LOT of Lalli art and a few things of Braidy art but there's not that much art of Tuuri floating around.

Please excuse my terrible attempt at coloring! Also since we mostly see Tuuri in military gear or big jackets I thought it would be cute to draw her in something a little more girly...

Jane the Mystic

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »
Awww.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »
Soo, I was thinking that we see A LOT of Lalli art and a few things of Braidy art but there's not that much art of Tuuri floating around.

Please excuse my terrible attempt at coloring! Also since we mostly see Tuuri in military gear or big jackets I thought it would be cute to draw her in something a little more girly...

That's adorable! I love the rosy cheeks  ;D And ha, I personally haven't drawn Tuuri because I think her hair is hard to draw!

(I'd personally like to see more Mikkel art)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »
Hahaha I can't even shop anymore...

Hee, "the magic of Macy's"!  I love the graceful, sketchy style -- it reminds me of mid-century picture books and fashion drawings.  (Even the original illustrations to "Mary Poppins.")

The display came out a little too wide for my cramped, old-fashioned screen, though.  Would you consider downsizing it just a bit, so we don't have to scroll? 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:23:57 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »

So glad to see our plucky girl getting some attention!  And I bet she'd love to have something that cute to wear. 

Do you think Marimekko is still a thing in Finland, 90-plus years after The End?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: