Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484579 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9735 on: May 03, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »
Yes short-haired Reynir is great! :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
« Reply #9736 on: May 03, 2016, 09:55:18 AM »

That show modeled what would later become my sense of humour.
You Sigrun looks GREAT!!!
As did it shape mine! :b Thank you!! I had so much fun, especially with her expression.

So due to today's page I saw a lot of people wondering what Reynir would look like with no braid. Sooo I spent two to three hours getting carried away.

Spoiler: show

If not we'll get short haired Reynir!

(This is like the first digital thing I've ever managed to finish coloring and I'm so proud. Haiz's Reels for Reynir playlist helped a looot)

Edit: I put this on DA and literally 50 seconds later I have someone asking me to draw their oc, what the heck.

You guys both did astoundingly good on these!!! I love the drawings! And I know this will not make sense to anyone but me, but Reynir with short hair reminds me so much of my cousinse! XD
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #9737 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:07 AM »

He somehow looks both older and younger than in the comic!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9738 on: May 03, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
Tr - Your Lalli doodles are cute, especially the one with his lynx
Jureeya - gosh, you draw a lot!  :) My recent favourite is teenage Sigrun
Olga - the pajamas are cool, but now Lalli "owns" a huge collection of pajamas from all over the World  :D
Lucy C - that's a lovely, serious looking Lalli
G0vnah - even without knowing the original show the style fits Sigrun
Windfighter - Hehe
Jhev - Lovely braidless Reynir
Martti - the kids are awesome, and I love the Reynir-Onni drawing; Onni with that flowercrown looks like Prince Charming  :))
Reynir without his braid... nice drawing, but... please, keep Lalli away from scissors  :D

I'm way behind the times; I came with a paintig inspired by Friday's page. *dramatic sigh*
Anyway, here is little Lalli with his lynx:

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #9739 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »
I'm way behind the times; I came with a paintig inspired by Friday's page. *dramatic sigh*

Aahhhh this is beautiful! I love it!!!!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #9740 on: May 03, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »

Awwww!! I love it!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9741 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »

Wow, this is so pretty *w*
The background colors are lovely and the white lines make the image feel very wintry and dream like :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #9742 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:34 PM »
Oh man, I'm so behind on telling everyone how amazing their art is! Blanket appreciation for everyone, it's always great to come in and see new art even if I don't have time to comment. :)) Special shoutouts to the short-haired Reynirs (I love his braid, but the short hair looks great too!)

And this. This is gorgeous! The colors are phenomenal, they set the mood perfectly. And I love the expression on the lynx's face, sort of fond and curious all at once. :))

Also thanks to everyone for your lovely comments on my last drawing, they made my day!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #9743 on: May 03, 2016, 04:02:22 PM »
Oh, right! lol
I forgot why I went to this thread in the first place. SPEAKING OF DOODLES, I drew Sigrun in the style of the old Nick TV show, Invader ZIM (hands down my favorite cartoon)!

Lookie, she's holding the head of a recently killed trolly troll (hidden because of blood - the blood-free version is below)! ^_^

INVADER ZIM! How I long for the olden and golden days of Invader ZIM. <3 Bless you.
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

ginger

• Scout
« Reply #9744 on: May 03, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »
I feel like the quality of art in here is at a very high level so I come to remedy that!

So they were talking about braids in the chat, and apparently there's a braid-type called "ladder", so... this happened:

Windy: I still so very much love this. Thank you for your art, you lovely little Swedish bean.
:usa: :france:
Avatar courtesy of the impeccable mith!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9745 on: May 03, 2016, 08:27:47 PM »
thanks

and I doodle again something that someone said in the reply when I asked for idea, so thanks for that person, I really need some ideas sometimes, I might draw something out of it.

Ahhh, this^^^ I love how Onni wears a flower crown in this picture!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9746 on: May 03, 2016, 09:18:34 PM »
<snip>
G0vnah - even without knowing the original show the style fits Sigrun
Aaaah, thank you. :B I thought so as well, hence my decision to bring it to reality! The world needed it!

Hey, late art is better than no art! This looks fantastic! 1,000 cookies to you for enriching our lives with this late Lalli and Linx.
INVADER ZIM! How I long for the olden and golden days of Invader ZIM. <3 Bless you.
Me too! Gah, I miss it so! The comics are good, I guess, but no replacement for the animated madness the show itself had!!! ;-; Also, thank you. Just doin' my duty. I'll get to the other crew at a leisurely pace.
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

Passing Mention

• Super-Newbie
  • The sardonic guy in the back.
  • Preferred pronouns: I don't really care, just never use they/them or ze/hir.
« Reply #9747 on: May 03, 2016, 09:29:57 PM »
*reads last 15 pages*
*is totally jealous*
*shirks off to corner to gaze in awe*
Well... props to all of you.
Someday I want to run away
To the world of midnight

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9748 on: May 03, 2016, 09:47:59 PM »
Thank you.
And lookie - I decided to add on to my "IZ themed" collection! Might as well get Lalli outta the way. :B

So, here it is! I made up some wallpaper depicting Lalli in one of his vision-y dream state thingys. Don't know what those symbols are supposed to mean, nor what he's trying to say, but it somehow fit him I thought. So there ya go! The sketchy look is intentional - supposed to emphasize the "spirit"/"dream" world. ;)

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #9749 on: May 04, 2016, 12:43:48 AM »

hEHEHEHEHEHE Obviously now he is much more inferior than the Great Lalli u__u
This reminds me of when Colin from Prague Race got his hair cut... but it wasn't actually that bad in the end, everyone just got used to it XD In much the same way, Reynir doesn't look bad either! Although if he only cut off the braid he would nearly have Ville hair, but super swooshy-uppy and it would still annoy Lalli and probably Emil
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16: