Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2484390 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #9405 on: March 27, 2016, 07:59:58 PM »
:) I haven't posted in a while, so here's a little drawing of Sigrun inspired by the last pages.

I'm afraid I've fallen behind with this thread, so much great art!

This treatment of Sigrun is excellent with its coooollld colours (and cussing giant).
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #9406 on: March 27, 2016, 11:25:05 PM »
Róisín, kjeks, wavewright62, Luth Nightbreeze- Thanks for the compliments!  :) Unfortunately we ran out of eggs to color before I could make Reggnir, T-egg-ri or... well I honestly couldn't think of an egg pun for Lalli. Plus we had no gray color for the Hotakainen's hair. Oh well, a nice challenge for next year's eggs!

Also SEGGrun and I would like to say that everyone's art here is the

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #9407 on: March 28, 2016, 12:33:40 AM »
Thanks to all who liked my Reynir!
Welcome back, dear! I was really missing your arts!!! They are so great!!!! ::) ::) ::)
And this! This is especially sweet, thank you so much. I'm always astonished when someone acts like they actually missed me and enjoy my company, so this made me quite happy. :)

Also, Kahli, I love those eggs, haha. Seggrun is probably my favorite. It's too bad you couldn't make a Reggnir or Hotakaineggs.

Hotakaineggs? eh? eh?
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #9408 on: March 28, 2016, 12:47:38 AM »
Hello everyone, wonderful art, as always!

I thought I'd destress a bit by doing that thing where you dress up the team in your clothes, so have my favourite Swede in my favourite clothes (and my glasses):

(Without hands or proper lineart cause that might have quickly added more stress and that's not the point of destressing as far as I can tell. :3)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:29:04 AM by tamaerchen »
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #9409 on: March 28, 2016, 04:35:04 AM »
Jureeya - Emil will need a most best warrior to tell him that scars can make him even more attractive
shaeira - :) nice little comic
Johannabelle - it's very cool Reynir
wavewright62 - *can't stop laughing...
Lucy C - wow, your wet injured Sigrun is very good
Martti - of course, gold and silver pens mean Emil and Lalli ;) And congratulations to the good result in the art contest!
kahli - these eggs are hilarious!
tamaerchen - your clothes suit Emil, he looks kind of smart

And here is my part of the art trade with Unlos. She asked me to draw the team doing some Hungarian Easter tradition.
So let's imagine, that they read about interesting customs - for example the water throwing on Easter Monday - in a book they've found, but of course, Sigrun didn't pay too much attention to the details...

Spoiler: about the tradition • show
On Easter Monday boys/men throw water over girls to keep them healthy and fertile. In return, they get painted eggs and/or chocolate (and they're offered food and drinks too). Today - especially in cities - instead of a bucket of water boys sprinkle with cologne water. But let me tell you, reeking of different kinds of cheap parfumes isn't any better than being soaked in water...
By the way, this folk custom can be found not just in Hungary; Czechs, Slovaks and Poles also have similar traditions.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #9410 on: March 28, 2016, 07:16:31 AM »

And here is my part of the art trade with Unlos. She asked me to draw the team doing some Hungarian Easter tradition.
So let's imagine, that they read about interesting customs - for example the water throwing on Easter Monday - in a book they've found, but of course, Sigrun didn't pay too much attention to the details...

On Easter Monday boys/men throw water over girls to keep them healthy and fertile. In return, they get painted eggs and/or chocolate (and they're offered food and drinks too). Today - especially in cities - instead of a bucket of water boys sprinkle with cologne water. But let me tell you, reeking of different kinds of cheap parfumes isn't any better than being soaked in water...
By the way, this folk custom can be found not just in Hungary; Czechs, Slovaks and Poles also have similar traditions.

Trust Sigrun to go about things in a way not intended! ;p Love it.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #9411 on: March 28, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »
Jureeya - test huh, well from the resulting picture I'd say it was a fantastic success! I really like how you've restricted your colour palette, making it look so classy, and Reynir so cool and classy :P
wavewright62 - the mankini  :o cannot unsee!!!!! >"<
Lucy C - You've really captured the feeling of the wet and the cold very well in Sigrun's picture! Everything about it just makes me want to put on another sweater :P
Martti - These are great! I fully expect we'll be seeing new people on the introduction thread saying things like "So I was in this art contest, and one of the other competitors drew this really fantastic picture of a grinning lady climbing for some eggs and said it was from SSSS and then I read the whole thing and joined the forum all because of that!"  ;D
kahliHahah, I remember really enjoying seeing your eggssss from last year and am happy to see that you decided to continue with the tradition :3 They make a charming collection of easter eggs ^_^
tamaerchen - D'aaaaaw, somehow Emil looks even more adorable in those clothes, especially the bowtie. What a nice little blush he has  ^-^
Helia - Ooooooh, not only do we get some pretty art, but also get to learn about a fun tradition at the same time! This seems really well timed considering how many of us (myself certainly included) who wanted to see more crew members with wet hair :P I like Lalli's cat shake, and just the general way each of them is reacting to getting splashed ^-^

After some debating I'm deciding to post this here as well as the Self Inserts thread because a)It does contain Sigrun and Emil, and b)I'm just so ridiculously happy with how it turns out and just want to show off and that probably makes me a horrible person but it is in no way going to stop me! *Slinks to the corner of shame anyway*
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

UFOO9000

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • I'm Fluffy
  • Preferred pronouns: Don't care, have fun!
« Reply #9412 on: March 28, 2016, 10:11:46 AM »
Look at me being all awesome and coming back with my 1yo fanart! Colors! (or at least the start :P )

tumblr : http://ufoo9000.com/post/141809875109/wow-this-thing-is-more-then-a-year-old-still
I <3 Cats, Chats, katter, neko, gato.
:canada: :france: :uk: :denmark: :spain: :japan:

I have this thing where I vanish for weeks and sometimes months. PM me and I'll be back for you~

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #9413 on: March 28, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »
Tuuri needs to be an egg, too, but I can't come up with an appropriate pun for her.  The best I can do for Onni is Omelet-ni, and that's just....wrong.
Well, SSSS is a hub of multiple languages, isn't it? As in, Lall-Ei (German) or Œuf-ni (French).

(And considering Onnis appearance as a luontowl, the somewhat-similar-sounding "OVNI" being the French term for "UFO" is hilariously appropriate ...)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #9414 on: March 28, 2016, 01:42:07 PM »
Martti - of course, gold and silver pens mean Emil and Lalli ;) And congratulations to the good result in the art contest!

I thought that too on the gold and silver pens xD
too bad I have no red in the set, only pink or orange

and thanks, I hope next time I will get higher! but I need to be this lucky, because this time I literally thought about what to draw a day earlier and was lucky to get the idea fitting into the subjects (Jewel and/or hunger) usually takes me half hour to figure out something which is time-wasting, and I would end up doing so fast, it turns to bad. this time it was okay, just managed to do most of it in on time (even many anatomy mistakes.... I need to learn how to notice earlier the anatomy mistakes....)

and yes... YES
WE NEEDED THIS! THIS IS SO PERFECT THIS WAY,
I would be sigrun, I wanna do this to boys, I ALWAYS hated to be the girl.... and reject it for many years from my brothers to do anything like this (only my parents forces them, so they are okay when I say no)
I ALWAYS WANTED IT REVERSED!!

(I actually did it to my mum, my hands were wet and shook the water to her face, so basically I did it kinda heh!!)

Martti - These are great! I fully expect we'll be seeing new people on the introduction thread saying things like "So I was in this art contest, and one of the other competitors drew this really fantastic picture of a grinning lady climbing for some eggs and said it was from SSSS and then I read the whole thing and joined the forum all because of that!"  ;D

Tell me if anyone does that! xD I will keep doing ssss fanarts for cons, if I go there here, (next will be in july)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #9415 on: March 28, 2016, 05:09:42 PM »
Jureeya - test huh, well from the resulting picture I'd say it was a fantastic success! I really like how you've restricted your colour palette, making it look so classy, and Reynir so cool and classy :P

IIIII'm thinking you meant Johannabelle I'm so not on that level lol
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9416 on: March 29, 2016, 04:15:28 AM »

wavewright62 - *can't stop laughing...

Heh, thank you!
But I really love this picture, with the naturalistic ducking out of the way, the general playful attitude, and I learned something new as well. BONUS!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #9417 on: March 29, 2016, 11:54:35 AM »
I'm just gonna drop this Lalli here UuU)
(its ....so sketchy)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:57:45 AM by shaeira »
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #9418 on: March 29, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »
(its ....so sketchy)
I... I... <3
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #9419 on: March 29, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »
(its ....so sketchy)

*o* However sketchy you think it is, that's awesome!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race