Author Topic: (Attention all fanartists!) Art permission  (Read 52822 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: (Attention all fanartists!) Art permission
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
Huh, I thought I gave permission ages ago.  Never mind, I give permission now.  You might wish to point at my tumblr maybe, even though my tumblr isn't solely SSSS fanwork.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

CAMIR

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »
So far it's one artwork and a few more to come. Pin away, I'm glad to give my permission.
Native:
Fluent:
Communication is possible:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2017, 06:26:52 AM »
Have I not given permission? anyway, have my permission (and my art tumblr if you need/want it)!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2017, 06:08:14 AM »
Okay, guys, I came here to ask your opinion and permission, probably.
Spoiler: Too much "and • show

I want to create a public page (dedicated to everything that Minna does) on the VK.com, and I know that there was similar before, but here were problems and now it's not very active.
Basically I want to create this page because I don't always have a campaign with which I can discuss the updates and throw all my emotions about it (yah we actually have a team, somebody you know, but I think they started to hate me because I'm bothersome :'D ) (that is why page will be public. and also because I not always can express my emotions in english, and not onle I'm. so we need specific place) And I would like to publish your arts and, maybe, translations of your fanfics there? I'll definitely indicate links to your tumblr or DA or AO3 or something like that, and if I can't find such links, then I won't distribute your work in any way (without author's instruction). And if something goes wrong, then here I am, and you can always send PM to me.
And since I know that there were problems with this before, I want to know if you aren't against it? I won't do anything without knowing your opinion.
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2017, 11:30:12 AM »
Fine by me, especially since it's public.

I think I know the other page you refer to although I only entered before it went private. I know for a fact that although some of the artists were totally ok with That Other Page, there were also some that were definitely not. I was mostly curious since I couldn't get at it, and appreciate your asking first!

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »
Spoiler: Too much "and • show

I want to create a public page (dedicated to everything that Minna does) on the VK.com, and I know that there was similar before, but here were problems and now it's not very active.
Basically I want to create this page because I don't always have a campaign with which I can discuss the updates and throw all my emotions about it (yah we actually have a team, somebody you know, but I think they started to hate me because I'm bothersome :'D ) (that is why page will be public. and also because I not always can express my emotions in english, and not onle I'm. so we need specific place) And I would like to publish your arts and, maybe, translations of your fanfics there? I'll definitely indicate links to your tumblr or DA or AO3 or something like that, and if I can't find such links, then I won't distribute your work in any way (without author's instruction). And if something goes wrong, then here I am, and you can always send PM to me.
And since I know that there were problems with this before, I want to know if you aren't against it? I won't do anything without knowing your opinion.

I'm A-okay with my stuff being there with the proper credit!! <3 I'd love a link too when it's active, I'm curious to see what it is :D

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2017, 12:00:30 PM »
(...)
And I would like to publish your arts and, maybe, translations of your fanfics there?

Translations of my work are fine - everyone has permission to translate my SSSS & aRTD fic. My only requirements are that if you post the translation somewhere (no matter if it's VK or Ficbook or Ao3 or wherever), you include a link to my original, and you send me a link to your translation. This is so that I can link to your translation in my original posting. :D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:03:52 PM by Yuuago »
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »
I know for a fact that although some of the artists were totally ok with That Other Page, there were also some that were definitely not. I was mostly curious since I couldn't get at it, and appreciate your asking first!
That's why I'm asking first. Don't wanna to be a cause of misunderstanding or something.

I'm A-okay with my stuff being there with the proper credit!! <3 I'd love a link too when it's active, I'm curious to see what it is :D
It will! I have too many creative friends, so I just can't not know about copyright and credits  ;D
And yes, I'll leave a link here! So you can call me Little Brother.

My only requirements are that if you post the translation somewhere (no matter if it's VK or Ficbook or Ao3 or wherever), you include a link to my original, and you send me a link to your translation. This is so that I can link to your translation in my original posting. :D
Of course I will! It's the basic things!

Thank you for your opinion, guys! I'm really worried about all that staff.
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »
Also okay with translations, as long as I'm given proper credit.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2018, 11:17:42 PM »
as I knew, long time ago, you asked for permission here to repost on pinterest
but I have never gave the permission, I was not really comfortable people post on site I can't use, yet someone posted, I found this in google result.

how it got there? whop posted? where is the credits at least? why I got no notification/ask about this?
how to get it off from pinterest? how to give me credits at least?

(the related pics shows my mikkel art, but that links to my tumblr, so that is fine)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2018, 11:42:03 PM »

Hello! I went and found the search result you showed and followed the link. It looks like someone named Christine pinned your art to Pinterest. No idea if they're on the forum or not. The post on Pinterest links back to Tumblr (Is your tumblr standstillstaystylish? If so, it links to yours). I think whoever this person is, they took it from Tumblr, not from the forum. So unfortunately, I don't think anyone here can do anything, unless Christine is on the forum and sees this post.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2018, 12:14:14 AM »
Hello! I went and found the search result you showed and followed the link. It looks like someone named Christine pinned your art to Pinterest. No idea if they're on the forum or not. The post on Pinterest links back to Tumblr (Is your tumblr standstillstaystylish? If so, it links to yours). I think whoever this person is, they took it from Tumblr, not from the forum. So unfortunately, I don't think anyone here can do anything, unless Christine is on the forum and sees this post.

thank you for your reply!
is it linking back? because I don't get pinterest and see nothing about credits. but yes, my tumblr is standstillstaystylish.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2018, 03:30:03 PM »

The post links back to sigruneidee.tumblr.com, which then sends me to your tumblr. In the description, it also says the image is from Stand Still Stay Stylish.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Clayres

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Been back for a while now, I should change this :P
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
Hi, sorry for chiming in as well (for once in a very long time, haha), I'm on pinterest as well, should I message them and ask them to remove the pin?
kind of getting along: :germany: :uk:

rusty: :spain:

very rusty: :vaticancity:

still trying (appearantly failing) to learn: :japan:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2018, 06:07:41 PM »
The post links back to sigruneidee.tumblr.com, which then sends me to your tumblr. In the description, it also says the image is from Stand Still Stay Stylish.

Well, that means they got the art like more than 2 years ago because I changed to the standstillstaystylish name more then 2 years ago. (I made just a blog with the old name so people can find me in case they did not realize the change)

Hi, sorry for chiming in as well (for once in a very long time, haha), I'm on pinterest as well, should I message them and ask them to remove the pin?

I guess, if you could, yes, I think I have pinterest since I can see picture now there unlike before, but I can't use it at all. if you think the credits are proper, because I see nothing, it can stay.....

I actually let people repost on sites I am not sharing my art on, but there are few arts I wish never see shared elsewhere, like the commissions I have done.

I had enough trouble recently
Spoiler: if you wanna hear • show
I drew something, really detailed, I worked a lot on it, posted on tumblr which was amazing to see how few tousand people likes and reblogged with amazed expressions on it (my follower count from 200 went to 300 at least in few days too), I also shared it on my art on other sites, including my instagram, which is barely known by people, where I did not get no any reaction, only the likes from my friends (who follow me and like every single thing I post) but someone else also posted on instagram, without any ask for me, kinda credited me, so no any arguement on that, however they got tons of love and comments, white I got like none.... like 100x more like and 50x more comments, which seems unfair, for me, the artist, who get no love but a random reposter got all the love..... I felt really bad and sad, asked them to take the picture down (they didn1t do it....) but they did a promote to my instagram at least and said sorry....