Author Topic: The Forum's Scriptorium  (Read 88748 times)

lwise

• Scout
Re: The Forum's Scriptorium
« Reply #480 on: October 04, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
@Jitter, thank you very much!  That's the effect I wanted.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 07:06:37 PM by lwise »

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #481 on: October 08, 2021, 01:20:24 PM »
Just posted this and I hate it, but I had to do it and since I've done it, might as well have someone read it. It's Code Geass fanfiction because that's what I write fanfiction of. It's rated M because I didn't know what to rate it, but it doesn't contain anything explicit. One character dies and there are some emotional issues involved, but that's about it. Contains spoilers for the parts of the show that suck.

Let me know if I'm required to remove this post due to the rating.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #482 on: October 08, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »
Ran, linking to and outside site with clearly described rating is ok. The warnings I have been dropping around about links to adults only material getting removed mean situations where someone leaves a link without warning and someone may unwittingly end up having unwanted explicit content thrown on them.

I will also read your piece but not right now. As I don’t know Code Geass these require proper concentration from me.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #483 on: October 09, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »
LooNEY, I admit to having little clue about the majority of these fandoms (just Star Trek to be honest), so cannot provide any guidance.  I am however, duly impressed at your breadth. 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #484 on: October 09, 2021, 05:02:59 AM »
Ran, while I still don’t have a grasp of the overarching events, I did get and appreciate the majestic tragedy of this scene. Impressive. And no wonder Lelouch ends up having an abrupt change of plans.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #485 on: October 09, 2021, 10:17:00 AM »
I would try to explain some context, but I'm afraid my explanation would end up devolving into a rant that is best saved for my other, more long term project, which I am in the process of writing the first chapter of.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:43:46 AM by RanVor »

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2021, 04:06:51 PM »
FINALLY, AFTER NEARLY TWO MONTHS OF STRUGGLE, MY WORK IS COMPLETE!

I've finished the first chapter of my great work, Code Geass: Kallen of the Atonement, and oh boy, is it a monster... The story is available for reading on Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own, although, frankly, the FFN version is superior, as it contains uncut author notes and a bonus scene. The rating is T for now (it might go up in the future, either due to actual content or my paranoia), and the warnings for the first chapter include character deaths galore, some mild swearing in the chapter itself, some less mild swearing in the notes and RANTS!

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2022, 05:59:38 AM »
A bit unsure as to whether I should post this, but wanted to see whether this sort of thing resonates with any of my fellow writers. (I am going through a very annoying patch of Emotions about my own writing.)

It's an old (and short) piece of Silmarillion fanfic that parodies both the Feanorions--especially Maglor, the artist--and my own struggles as a writer: The Artistic Temperament.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2022, 08:15:22 AM »
A bit unsure as to whether I should post this, but wanted to see whether this sort of thing resonates with any of my fellow writers. (I am going through a very annoying patch of Emotions about my own writing.)

It's an old (and short) piece of Silmarillion fanfic that parodies both the Feanorions--especially Maglor, the artist--and my own struggles as a writer: The Artistic Temperament.
Of course you should post it, I love your Silmarillion pieces! Then again, I may be biased... ;)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #489 on: January 08, 2022, 09:26:05 PM »
tehta, that was an interesting exploration of the artistic temperament.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

CLamb

• Super-Newbie
  • Just a woman who works hard and has big dreams.
  • Preferred pronouns: her/she/that woman
« Reply #490 on: January 22, 2022, 10:22:46 PM »
Hey, I have viewed the forums occasionally over the past few years of reading SSSS, but I did not create an account until now thanks to Róisín's suggestion when we conversed in the comments of SSSS. 

So...I present to you all the prologue and the first chapter of a fantasy story I have been writing since high school!  I'm still working on it and hope that someday it can be published (self-published or traditionally, idk yet).  Enjoy!  It's pretty clean, a little grim and sad, and mostly for young adults and older. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NI8OGp1o-H86wwv5njn3i9WymVMc7zdu/view?usp=sharing  :reynir:

Also, any feedback: praises or critiques are welcome!
Sometimes dreams don't come to you; you need to reach for them!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2022, 12:39:58 AM »
This looks like a story worth telling! One thing you do need is a proofreader, to correct the small infelicities of spelling, grammar and word usage. I wonder if either English is not your first language, or whether you were educated in America? Otherwise it seems good. The mechanics of language can always be worked out, but having engaging characters and a good tale to tell are the important parts of writing, and you have those. Have you considered self-publishing on a site such as Ibooks?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

CLamb

• Super-Newbie
  • Just a woman who works hard and has big dreams.
  • Preferred pronouns: her/she/that woman
« Reply #492 on: January 24, 2022, 01:30:28 AM »
Aww!  Thank you, Róisín!  Your praise means a lot!  A proofreader would probably be a good thing for me to procure.  Your latter guess is correct: English is my first language, and I learned it in America. 
I have considered self-publishing, but I have not heard of Ibooks.  (I should probably look into it.)

Sometimes dreams don't come to you; you need to reach for them!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #493 on: March 30, 2022, 12:03:32 PM »
Hi! I wrote a short story for the "prompt of the week" thread, and thought I should put it here too.

It's my first original work, with no connection with SSSS or other fandoms. I hope you like it, and as always your feedback is welcomed! :)

Here's the AO3 link: Goodbye
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
« Reply #494 on: March 30, 2022, 05:40:19 PM »
Hi! I wrote a short story for the "prompt of the week" thread, and thought I should put it here too.

It's my first original work, with no connection with SSSS or other fandoms. I hope you like it, and as always your feedback is welcomed! :)

Here's the AO3 link: Goodbye
Very interesting, and it's great to see you writing again! Good job, friend! :)