Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255109 times)

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1200 on: March 10, 2016, 01:06:54 PM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when...

...your immediate reaction to the first warm day of the year is "That's it, I'm moving to Iceland!" And you mean it.
I looked it up, average summer temperature there is 15°C - we had up to 27°C yesterday.

Spoiler: "what happened after - kind of off topic, kind of a funny story" • show

I posted these thoughts on YikYak and somone started a conversation which quickly turned to webcomics and it turned out, I'd found another SSSS fan (in my area - what??) and we exchanged kiks and it turns out it's the same person that I'd already talked to on a yak a couple of weeks ago about preferring a cold climate and learning languages. Oh well. :D
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #1201 on: March 10, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »
...you hear about a big gas leak and explosion in your city (heard a couple miles away, blew out the windows of all the buildings within a block) and your first thought is "Emil is fictional, RIGHT?"
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1202 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »
A colleague accidentally uses the phrase "most densest" during a presentation, and you have to fight a fit of the giggles.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1203 on: March 11, 2016, 10:44:03 PM »
...the museum you volunteer at has a cardboard sculpture/craft event and you make a flamethrower. (Despite being afraid of fire and very much against violence - your colleagues don't believe this anymore.) The fuel cartridge says CAUTION - in Icelandic. You're hard-pressed to explain why Iceland and how you know that...

That being said, I'm quite proud of my creation and took some photos - any tips on which thread is best suited for posting them?
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1204 on: March 11, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »
...the museum you volunteer at has a cardboard sculpture/craft event and you make a flamethrower. (Despite being afraid of fire and very much against violence - your colleagues don't believe this anymore.) The fuel cartridge says CAUTION - in Icelandic. You're hard-pressed to explain why Iceland and how you know that...

That being said, I'm quite proud of my creation and took some photos - any tips on which thread is best suited for posting them?

That's amazing! I definitely want to see pictures, haha. It might fit best in the crafting/applied arts thread?
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1205 on: March 11, 2016, 11:30:07 PM »
That's amazing! I definitely want to see pictures, haha. It might fit best in the crafting/applied arts thread?
Thank you! Have this tumblr post for now. :)

IKEA

« Reply #1206 on: March 12, 2016, 08:28:53 AM »
You know you're an addict when you see tamaerchen's flamethrower  and instantly wish you had thought of that first.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1207 on: March 12, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
Thank you! Have this tumblr post for now. :)

That is perfect and I love it! The "artist statement" for the non-SSSS people cracked me up too. (Also I might have creepily followed you on Tumblr, don't mind me...)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1208 on: March 12, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
When... you have the url for the forum's voting page memorized and you use it to vote for SSSS and aRTD every day from multiple devices.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1209 on: March 12, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
You know your an addict when you listen to music and you immediately start to come up with SSSS-themed music videos. 

Listening to Arctic monkeys - R U Mine? and started to see the crew from Kiraly's hipster AU playing to it with Reynir as lead vocals and Emil as a backup singer. xD

Link to this delightful fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5569909/chapters/12840832
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1210 on: March 12, 2016, 04:54:15 PM »
You know your an addict when you listen to music and you immediately start to come up with SSSS-themed music videos. 

Listening to Arctic monkeys - R U Mine? and started to see the crew from Kiraly's hipster AU playing to it with Reynir as lead vocals and Emil as a backup singer. xD

Link to this delightful fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5569909/chapters/12840832

Oooh...I don't know that song, but I'm going to look it up as soon as I get off work! (It fills me with glee that it made you think of my fic!)

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1211 on: March 12, 2016, 04:59:08 PM »
with Reynir as lead vocals and Emil as a backup singer. xD

That's a great way for Emil to make up for ruining their date. :D (Not that he's ever gonna get out of toilet duty...)

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1212 on: March 12, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »
That's a great way for Emil to make up for ruining their date. :D (Not that he's ever gonna get out of toilet duty...)

Can't help but to imagine him in pink rubber glowes with a breathing mask and a bath hat to keep him as clean as possible when fulfilling his duties.  :'D
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1213 on: March 12, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »
Can't help but to imagine him in pink rubber glowes with a breathing mask and a bath hat to keep him as clean as possible when fulfilling his duties.  :'D

Please draw this
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1214 on: March 12, 2016, 06:06:49 PM »

MUST. PROTECT. THE HAIR.