Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255116 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1185 on: February 27, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
Thirdly, haircuts are overrated. (Of course, I tend to have the Reynir approach to hair, which is "just keep letting it grow, the braid can always get longer". I suppose that's another "you know you're addicted when..." thing...when you consider changing your hairstyle but decide against it because you want to look more like your favorite fictional character.)

Conversation I've had with myself:

-"I always get the same haircut every year. Maybe I should grow it out again..."
-"But long hair is a hassle, what would you do with it??"
-......"A BRAID!!"

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1186 on: February 27, 2016, 08:15:16 PM »
I'm picturing myself growing my hair out and dying it blond to look like Emil... that'd be pretty cool...

Do iiiiiit!!! If I ever did cut my hair, I might consider cutting it to Emil-length. Though that might bear an unfortunate resemblance to the haircut I had for my whole childhood...I basically had the same haircut as Emil's little cousin (the one who looks the most like him) until I was 13. Mine isn't that blond anymore though, alas.

Conversation I've had with myself:

-"I always get the same haircut every year. Maybe I should grow it out again..."
-"But long hair is a hassle, what would you do with it??"
-......"A BRAID!!"

:D Yes yes, join the braid crew!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #1187 on: March 04, 2016, 09:36:25 PM »
Do iiiiiit!!! If I ever did cut my hair, I might consider cutting it to Emil-length. Though that might bear an unfortunate resemblance to the haircut I had for my whole childhood...I basically had the same haircut as Emil's little cousin (the one who looks the most like him) until I was 13. Mine isn't that blond anymore though, alas.

Hahahahahaha!!! I had the same cut for too many years too! My mom didn't want to brush my knotted hair every day so she had my hair cut milimetrically bowl like... Some mean girls called me "cabeza de pelela" (kids' urinal head) buahaha :''''(

Now, when I got brave enough to give it another try, 13 years later, I was pretty glad that it actually looked like Emil's look... Thanks, Emil, for helping me get over my childhood trauma.
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1188 on: March 04, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »
Hahahahahaha!!! I had the same cut for too many years too! My mom didn't want to brush my knotted hair every day so she had my hair cut milimetrically bowl like... Some mean girls called me "cabeza de pelela" (kids' urinal head) buahaha :''''(

Now, when I got brave enough to give it another try, 13 years later, I was pretty glad that it actually looked like Emil's look... Thanks, Emil, for helping me get over my childhood trauma.

Aww, kids can be so mean! I remember one year in school we did silhouettes (so the teacher shone a light on our profile and traced our shadow on black paper, which we then cut out) and when I brought mine home my brother said I looked like a diagonal mushroom. :(

It's good to know I'm not the only one who had that particular hair woe, heh. And I'm glad Emil helped you get past that! My current Reynir-esque hairstyle is partly due to that trauma and partly due to being way too lazy/cheap to maintain any kind of fancier hairstyle (plus I really like braids). But I think some variation of Emil's haircut would actually suit me, if I ever get brave enough (or sick enough of having long hair) to go for it. (I'm trying to imagine a stylist's face if I brought a bunch of Emil screenshots in to the salon and said "Cut my hair like this! Don't forget the sparkles!")
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1189 on: March 08, 2016, 05:18:59 PM »
I suppose that's another "you know you're addicted when..." thing...when you consider changing your hairstyle but decide against it because you want to look more like your favorite fictional character.)
This is too real! At first I started growing my hair out because it was just too much hassle to get it cut but now... The only problem is that I'm quite far from any of the crew's hairstyles - growing out a mohawk is no fun. (I mean, I look like Mikkel sometimes but unfortunately I can't grow such glorious sideburns...)

I basically had the same haircut as Emil's little cousin (the one who looks the most like him) until I was 13. Mine isn't that blond anymore though, alas.
Until I was 7 or 8 I had shoulder length straight blond hair. Sadly for my Emil obsession, it is none of those things anymore...
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1190 on: March 09, 2016, 11:42:53 PM »
You know you're a forum addict when:

You already have made at least 5 posts only 40 minutes after you woke up.
You know what the Bleptroll, Blorptroll, and Lauftroll are, and may or may not have witnessed their creation.
You seem to find yourself with many online friends who you may never know how they really look.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1191 on: March 09, 2016, 11:57:00 PM »

You know what the Bleptroll, Blorptroll, and Lauftroll are, and may or may not have witnessed their creation.
You seem to find yourself with many online friends who you may never know how they really look.

You have more than 4000 posts on the forum oops
A fun evening is playing SSSS CAH with people from no less than 5 different countries while chatting online
You are dating someone from the forum and the two of you squee over sigrun together after new updates
You've gotten your roomie to binge read Minna's comics
You understand all the references in Laufey's latest self insert drawings
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1192 on: March 10, 2016, 01:12:10 AM »
A fun evening is playing SSSS CAH with people from no less than 5 different countries while chatting online
You are dating someone from the forum and the two of you squee over sigrun together after new updates
You've gotten your roomie to binge read Minna's comics
You understand all the references in Laufey's latest self insert drawings

You ARE one of the references in Laufey's latest self-insert drawings.  I saw you, trying to steal those papers from the Lauftroll!   :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #1193 on: March 10, 2016, 04:22:46 AM »
... until you go to a meet-up, which makes you realize you're nearly all define yourselves as introverts but can speak with enthusiasm during hours ::) (And in a foreign language.) See what a webcomic makes you do ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1194 on: March 10, 2016, 07:41:18 AM »

Sounds about right to me. (I imagine everyone looking like their avatars, honestly. ...Which is kind of funny in the cases where the avatars are not people.)

Looks like we know who's the most addicted, here....
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1195 on: March 10, 2016, 08:38:37 AM »
Looks like we know who's the most addicted, here....

I... I may have a problem.  :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Mélusine

« Reply #1196 on: March 10, 2016, 09:10:35 AM »
I... I may have a problem.  :D
It will be one year I'm here in less than a month. I'm a little worried about how many posts I'll have this day... Yes, I keep thinking I might post too much.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1197 on: March 10, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »

I didn't know that was a thing!  :o  How can I make this a thing that involves me??
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1198 on: March 10, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »
I didn't know that was a thing!  :o  How can I make this a thing that involves me??

Usually we play off of the irc chatroom. Someone will make a game and we'll all join in from there. Fenris made the SSSS deck.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1199 on: March 10, 2016, 12:31:05 PM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when you have conversations with the one SSSS-reading friend you see in real life that go something like this:

Me: "So I was thinking...if our hair had a baby, it would basically be Reynir's hair"
Friend: *looks back and forth between my long braid and her shorter, curly red hair* "Yes, yes it would."

And neither of you find anything strange about this.