Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255106 times)

IKEA

Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1170 on: February 26, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
*Looks at Number 4* Umm, yeah. That might explain all of the 'Memory Full' messages that I've been getting. But without them how would I react to things!?

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1171 on: February 26, 2016, 04:46:09 PM »
You know there's something wrong with your local train station when you walk through it after two days of rains and think 'this could totally be a setting for SSSS'.

(below-ground, confusing mess of tunnel-type walkways including many boarded up and others not but still dead ends; gooey mould or slime or something drips hanging from the roof in places; the rainwater dripping through the ceiling & puddling on the rusting platform floor had picked up a grey colour somewhere on its journey down from the ground and that's really what put it into my head...)

/chinhands
My dear friend, if you continue describing creepy and decrepit things so vividly, you're going to give me vague setting ideas that I won't know what to do with, and that will be terrible.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #1172 on: February 26, 2016, 04:48:27 PM »
/chinhands
My dear friend, if you continue describing creepy and decrepit things so vividly, you're going to give me vague setting ideas that I won't know what to do with, and that will be terrible.

How terrible indeed.

(cati, please provide pictures <3)
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

cati

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • ≁❀ | aguacatillo
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her(s)
« Reply #1173 on: February 26, 2016, 07:31:13 PM »
/chinhands

What you do with them is: have people apply fresh coats of white and blue and green paint to little details, like the sides of pillars and the metal plate nailed over a long-disused ticket window, and put up 'wet paint' signs in bold defiance of the peeling rusted crumbling infrastructure surrounding them. I don't mean to stray off topic, so more power to you if that somehow fits into a fic, as I've wondered what could be going through the heads of the painters while they work.

(cati, please provide pictures <3)

I'll have to take photos next time there's heavy rain - it would never have occurred to me to photograph something so mundane and gross, but it'll be fun to try to show it off in the worst possible light!

However, knowing that I'm no great photographer anyway, I've found a few images for now (minus the extra rainy-day specialties):
[b/w] [colour]
[top view] [base view] of this large concrete thingy
[not unused] despite the title; I use it when the weather is bad enough above-ground
[not bad really]
[they painted this green last year]
Native: :uk: :spain:
Can use without dying of self-consciousness: :uk:
Read: :faroe: :norway: Old Icelandic, Old English
Just enough for Eurovision coverage: :sweden:
Guiltily need to get back to studying, please slap me with an appropriate wet fish: :finland: :japan:
Unintended surprising partial osmosis: :estonia: :denmark:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1174 on: February 27, 2016, 11:02:34 AM »
You know you're a forum addict when you now have a fear of accordions that seemed to spring out of nowhere.
The forum is the first thing you check every day, with the comic, and your email afterwards.
You find yourself on the forum more often than you go to school or work, and mysteriously find yourself going to bed later and later.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

IKEA

« Reply #1175 on: February 27, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »
You know you're a forum addict when you now have a fear of accordions that seemed to spring out of nowhere.
The forum is the first thing you check every day, with the comic, and your email afterwards.
You find yourself on the forum more often than you go to school or work, and mysteriously find yourself going to bed later and later.

Gah, this hits close to home! You know you're a forum addict when you have 50 posts and only joined a week ago. You're also starting your first fanfic and keep thinking, "Must finish. Must post in Scriptorium."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1176 on: February 27, 2016, 11:23:50 AM »
and mysteriously find yourself going to bed later and later.
*Coughs discreetly* ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

IKEA

« Reply #1177 on: February 27, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
mysteriously find yourself going to bed later and later.
What is this "bed" you speak of?

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1178 on: February 27, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »
You know you have a posting problem when you have more posts than Haiz...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1179 on: February 27, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
You know you have a posting problem when you have more posts than Haiz...

You've only got about 3 or 4 more! I make that many posts in a day... ::)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1180 on: February 27, 2016, 04:40:08 PM »

Gah, this hits close to home! You know you're a forum addict when you have 50 posts and only joined a week ago. You're also starting your first fanfic and keep thinking, "Must finish. Must post in Scriptorium."

Oh yeah, this hits close to home for me too! I had one fanfic idea grab me so hard that in less than 24 hours I had written the whole thing (2,300-ish words) and drawn four illustrations for it. I sort of felt like I was sleepwalking for the next few days.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

laila

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1181 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:30 PM »
I spent most of last weekend going through the entire fanart thread, then spent far more than I ought to have on a tablet simply so I could contribute to it. I should have spent that money on getting my hair cut. I may have a problem.
Native: :uk:
Horrible: :germany:
Survived: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1182 on: February 27, 2016, 07:42:14 PM »
I spent most of last weekend going through the entire fanart thread, then spent far more than I ought to have on a tablet simply so I could contribute to it. I should have spent that money on getting my hair cut. I may have a problem.

Okay, first of all I'm really impressed that you actually went through the whole fanart thread...I've never had the fortitude to do that! Also, your kitty drawing is amazing and perfect and I'm glad you bought a tablet to draw it - I think it will be a really good investment if you're already making art like that!

Thirdly, haircuts are overrated. (Of course, I tend to have the Reynir approach to hair, which is "just keep letting it grow, the braid can always get longer". I suppose that's another "you know you're addicted when..." thing...when you consider changing your hairstyle but decide against it because you want to look more like your favorite fictional character.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

IKEA

« Reply #1183 on: February 27, 2016, 07:45:02 PM »
Thirdly, haircuts are overrated. (Of course, I tend to have the Reynir approach to hair, which is "just keep letting it grow, the braid can always get longer". I suppose that's another "you know you're addicted when..." thing...when you consider changing your hairstyle but decide against it because you want to look more like your favorite fictional character.)
I'm picturing myself growing my hair out and dying it blond to look like Emil... that'd be pretty cool...

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1184 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »
…you read this whole thread, and find yourself thinking, "Wait, there's something odd about these?"