Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255153 times)

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1140 on: February 09, 2016, 08:38:22 PM »
...you read The Martian over Christmas break and your first thought is, "It's just like SSSS!  Decisive female captain, big, stoic, hard-to-understand foreign guy, cute little female (software) engineer with mad skillz, secretly soft-hearted egomaniac, incredible technology, friendship, self-sacrifice, and lots of black humor... and it's all about finding a sixth member of the crew!"

Your second thought is, "Da-aamn, NASA really plans ahead carefully for dangerous missions like this and allots plenty of resources.  What's wrong with the Stingy Quartet -- do they truly not care if their crew lives or dies?"

Let me add that "The Martian" is awesome.  It would particularly appeal to the SSSS readership, not just for the qualities listed above, but because it's basically all about engineering survival solutions in the most threatening circumstances.  (I'm lookin' at you, inhabiters of the weapons, uniform, and agriculture threads, especially...)

One of my favorite books/movies in a long time! Who do you think would be Mark Watney out of the crew, by the way?
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1141 on: February 20, 2016, 05:18:02 PM »
You pay a visit to the thrift store and walk out with a sweater you weren't intending to buy because it had selburoses on it.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #1142 on: February 20, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »
You pay a visit to the thrift store and walk out with a sweater you weren't intending to buy because it had selburoses on it.
oof yes this....
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1143 on: February 20, 2016, 10:41:02 PM »

I'm guilty of this. Also because "it looked vaguely Icelandic." :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1144 on: February 22, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
... when you begin to translate the first pages for a teenager next to you who have some difficulties with English vocabulary.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

P__

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #1145 on: February 22, 2016, 01:43:23 PM »
... when you begin to translate the first pages for a teenager next to you who have some difficulties with English vocabulary.

which reminds me, if I have time in the next two weeks, I'd like to get the comic's transcription to text format started (to make any future translations easier)
:book2: aye: :france: :portugal: :uk:
:book3: meh: :italy: :germany: :spain: :sweden:
:book4: :betterhat: :hat:
:chap5: :A2chap01: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mélusine

« Reply #1146 on: February 22, 2016, 02:11:34 PM »
which reminds me, if I have time in the next two weeks, I'd like to get the comic's transcription to text format started (to make any future translations easier)
My young uke would love such an idea ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1147 on: February 22, 2016, 09:52:24 PM »
You're in the library and see a woman balancing a stack of books on her head, and immediately have to fight the urge to giggle because it reminded you of Sigrun.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1148 on: February 23, 2016, 07:35:27 AM »
When you spend time putting together photosets of Dramatic Moments instead of doing... literally any of the other stuff you're supposed to be doing....
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1149 on: February 23, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
When you spend time putting together photosets of Dramatic Moments instead of doing... literally any of the other stuff you're supposed to be doing....

In my case: you have tons of work to do, but keep thinking of doing fan art, because better and better ideas are popping up in your head. And you are frustarted since you can't draw at work; monitoring reports can't be sent with owl and Onni doodles...
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1150 on: February 23, 2016, 11:37:13 AM »
When you start the Swedish track on Duolingo, even though you know like 3 words of Swedish and none of the words bear any resemblance to the other language you're using Duolingo to practice. (And you're annoyed Duo doesn't have tracks for Finnish or Icleandic).
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1151 on: February 25, 2016, 03:32:08 AM »
The enterity of Sigur Ros and Jonsi's careers suddenly has become what you listen to when you re-read
In fact, it has become the soundtrack of SSSS and every character is quickly assigned a theme, right down to Bosse
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1152 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:40 AM »
The enterity of Sigur Ros and Jonsi's careers suddenly has become what you listen to when you re-read
In fact, it has become the soundtrack of SSSS and every character is quickly assigned a theme, right down to Bosse

Sigur Rós is so great as an atmospheric soundtrack. Of course I'm very curious about Bosse's theme now :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1153 on: February 25, 2016, 05:02:31 AM »
Sigur Rós is so great as an atmospheric soundtrack. Of course I'm very curious about Bosse's theme now :D

I'm leaning towards I Gaer.

That cat has seen some things, and we all know it. That cat has seen unspeakable things.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1154 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:03 AM »

Yusssssssss. Hello and welcome to our ever growing group of people obsessed with who appreciate sigur rós a lot.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help