Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255128 times)

Q

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1125 on: February 06, 2016, 10:51:02 PM »
...I'm laughing at the scent discussion because I came here to post about having caught myself wondering about SSSS tea blends!
Fluent: :usa:
Conversational: :norway:
Forgot most of it and started over: :russia:
Maybe someday: :hungary: :japan: :finland: :iceland:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1126 on: February 06, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »
Tea? Ooh, do tell!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Q

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1127 on: February 07, 2016, 01:01:00 AM »
Tea? Ooh, do tell!

For tragic hyposmia reasons my tastebuds are a little bit terrible, so take all of these with a grain of salt? (Don't do that. Salt in tea would be awful.)

Emil: I feel like it has to be something with lapsang souchong! It has this intense smokiness. Which I hate, I hate lapsang souchong, it tastes like meat, so I don't know what else would be good in it. Maybe some lighter flavors to round it out, since he's not all flamethrower all the time -- rose? almond?? Definitely edible glitter.

Sigrun: Something intense, maybe fruity? Raspberry, blackberry, grapefruit, anything like that. Iced, with mint.

Lalli: Definitely a white tea, but I think a floral one rather than fruity, though probably I'm only thinking that because of the mage thing? Mage, nature... I know fruits happen in nature but work with me here. Maaaybe peach or pear, though, but I'm leaning toward a jasmine flowering tea.

Tuuri: Definitely a dessert tea! Sugar cookie, caramel vanilla, creme brulee, something like that, served with plenty of milk.

Onni: I'm really torn between "plain teabags labeled 'Tea' from a 100-count box" or some sort of convoluted sugary tea latte. Sweet either way, the plain teabags would get honey and the latte -- probably cinnamon? brown sugar?

Reynir: Green tea! Cucumber something maybe. I feel like his should be a little bit out of left field compared to everyone else's is all.

Mikkel: Ummmmm... coffee.

Róisín

« Reply #1128 on: February 07, 2016, 02:13:43 AM »
Lalli: white tea with calamus root.
Onni: chai.
Tuuri: Asian bubble tea?

Edit: lapsang souchong is actually better with a grain of salt. Try it sometime.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:15:26 AM by Róisín »

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1129 on: February 07, 2016, 06:36:40 AM »
oh, tea!

Emil - I'd give the jasmine flavoured tea to him - it's both sensitive and a little pompous

Sigrun - intense yes, but fruits? Those are almost like vegetables!  :P I vote for a strong and fierce pu-erh tea for her

Lalli - something natural. white tea without additional flavour

Tuuri - fruit tea for her - with sugar

Onni - chai... good, but I can imagine him with a huge samovar too - he needs lots of tea for crying

Reynir - herbal tea? Rosehip?

Mikkel - well... coffee or British style black tea - with lots of milk
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1130 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:24 AM »
Emil: I feel like it has to be something with lapsang souchong! It has this intense smokiness. Which I hate, I hate lapsang souchong, it tastes like meat, so I don't know what else would be good in it. Maybe some lighter flavors to round it out, since he's not all flamethrower all the time -- rose? almond?? Definitely edible glitter.

Lapsang Souchong is perfect for Emil! (Seriously, tastes like drinking liquid smoke.)

Edit: lapsang souchong is actually better with a grain of salt. Try it sometime.

I'm... going to have to try that. I bought some out of curiosity and don't really like it, but I paid for it so I'm going to finish drinking it if it kills me!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1131 on: February 07, 2016, 10:42:14 AM »
I love this whole tea discussion, and I feel the need to point out that we can actually make these tea blends...
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Róisín

« Reply #1132 on: February 07, 2016, 11:02:00 AM »
Wow! Keeper, that looks frightfully artisan and upmarket! Are they horribly expensive? Could be fun though! I like to blend my own teas, and we also have a lady at the local Farmers Market who will make up tea blends to order, which is very handy.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1133 on: February 07, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
Wow! Keeper, that looks frightfully artisan and upmarket! Are they horribly expensive? Could be fun though! I like to blend my own teas, and we also have a lady at the local Farmers Market who will make up tea blends to order, which is very handy.

Hmmm.. They're not super expensive, but I'm not sure how big their range is- I'm fairly certain they ship to Europe, but I don't know the difference in price. It's a fun little shop though, I love it.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1134 on: February 07, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »
I love this whole tea discussion, and I feel the need to point out that we can actually make these tea blends...

This page is very relevant to my interests, thank you for the link! I think I'll just spend the rest of the day trying to come up with SSSS tea-blends now. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Dire

« Reply #1135 on: February 07, 2016, 11:21:47 AM »
This page is very relevant to my interests, thank you for the link! I think I'll just spend the rest of the day trying to come up with SSSS tea-blends now. :D

My favorite tea company has actually made blends of tea based on fictional characters: https://www.teatrekker.com/jolons-hawley-forest-blend

Teatrekker is great for having tons of info and history about each type of tea they carry, more than any other place I've bought tea from (I'm a fiend for the stuff).

I would say I'm an SSSS addict when I go to bed at 2:30am because I was writing an SSSS fanfic and rushed through morning chores to continue working on said fic.

Róisín

« Reply #1136 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:49 AM »
Dire: that sounds addicted all right (says she, still messing about on the internet at 3.15am). Mind you, that's largely because I'm having a bad night for pain and can't sleep. However, the pleasant company here is a lot more enjoyable than lying staring at the ceiling. In awhile I'll put the light out and have another go, and at least my iPad works when I'm lying down. Meanwhile an idle conversation about tea is fun. And your fanfic was good too.

Q

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1137 on: February 07, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »

Pfft! That's why I was thinking about it in the first place: I was nosing through Adagio for other fandoms (one of them has tea blends created by the actual author of the series!) and saw that no one had done SSSS flavors yet. (Or aRTD!)

Róisín I... I think I will let you have all of the salt meat tea.

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #1138 on: February 09, 2016, 06:35:47 PM »
When you see this and immediately think of the CatTank, of course...
http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/9/10950976/russian-sherp-atv-truck
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1139 on: February 09, 2016, 08:29:18 PM »
When you see this and immediately think of the CatTank, of course...
http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/9/10950976/russian-sherp-atv-truck
Alright, Who wants to start an indiegogo campaign to "Buy the Minnions a Cattank"?  ::)
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race