Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255443 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1095 on: January 26, 2016, 12:21:44 PM »
This. I don't really think I need to say anything more.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1096 on: January 26, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
This. I don't really think I need to say anything more.

I keep seeing this and I always think of SSSS! Haven't actually gotten around to watching it though.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1097 on: January 28, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »
When you flip through your almanac and realize that Torbjörn and Siv have their namesdays right after each other

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1098 on: January 28, 2016, 02:07:36 PM »
When your pal says this:

"When I see someone on (anonymous discussion board) talking about SSSS and aRTD, how often is that person Yuu..."

And the answer is every single time.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1099 on: January 28, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »
When your pal says this:

"When I see someone on (anonymous discussion board) talking about SSSS and aRTD, how often is that person Yuu..."

Ha! I feel like this is something I would do if I was using an anonymous discussion board too.

I'm slowly informing my various friends/family/acquaintances of my SSSS addiction. My housemates now get these resigned expressions every time I start a sentence with "so in that webcomic I'm obsessed with..." Today one of them made a bad joke in our Google Hangout and I responded with this reaction image. She hasn't said anything to me since then.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1100 on: January 28, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »
Ha! I feel like this is something I would do if I was using an anonymous discussion board too.

Eeexactly. ;p And if it's not me, it's my friend. And then we realize an hour later that we unknowingly had a long conversation about a fic plot together without realizing we were talking to one another....

I'm slowly informing my various friends/family/acquaintances of my SSSS addiction. My housemates now get these resigned expressions every time I start a sentence with "so in that webcomic I'm obsessed with..." Today one of them made a bad joke in our Google Hangout and I responded with this reaction image. She hasn't said anything to me since then.

You'll wear them down eventually. It's only a matter of time.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1101 on: January 28, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »

Oh man, everyone I talk with regularly in a non-professional context has already had their ears talked off by me about this comic. It's... kind of an issue when I'm on a forum that's dedicated to an entirely different fandom... ::)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1102 on: January 28, 2016, 07:58:31 PM »
You notice a persistent itch on your back, and your first thought is to wonder whether it's a sign of the world ending.

shaeira

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • wants to post more but ends up lurking through
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her ; they/them
« Reply #1103 on: January 28, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »

Every time I start a sentence with that phrase , my friends would have that polite awkward laugh and just nod when I make a reference ..... yeah I make them read the comic but they never reach the latest page (I'm still confused how and why )
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

everyone else knows so many languages
-----------
knows : :philippines: : Tagalog and Bisaya  :usa:
learning : :spain:
will continue someday: :sweden:

twit~
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
⋗ ⋗ ⋙ ⋖⋗✥⋖⋗ ⋘ ⋖ ⋖

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1104 on: January 28, 2016, 08:50:07 PM »
When you flip through your almanac and realize that Torbjörn and Siv have their namesdays right after each other

did anyone mention that Thor's wife was Sif, and Torbjörn is basically Thor+bear and Siv is Sif (name meanings)

but I didn't know their names were after eachother before
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Aliax

« Reply #1105 on: January 29, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »
When your pal says this:

I might go back to (said anonymous discussion board) just to discuss SSSS with you, but:

1. I can do that here :P

And 2. Now you'd know it's me :D

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1106 on: January 29, 2016, 12:10:10 PM »
I might go back to (said anonymous discussion board) just to discuss SSSS with you, but:

1. I can do that here :P

And 2. Now you'd know it's me :D

Well, perhaps - though it's possible we're thinking of entirely different discussion boards! Since there is more than one out there. The one I was referring to was fail_fandomanon on Dreamwidth.
I long ago just gave up and accepted that I can't anon to save my life, even when posting as anonymous, because my interests are so niche. It is what it is. щ(◉Д◉щ) ("Oh, there's Yuu talking about those webcomics AGAIN....")

Aliax

« Reply #1107 on: January 29, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
Well, perhaps - though it's possible we're thinking of entirely different discussion boards! Since there is more than one out there. The one I was referring to was fail_fandomanon on Dreamwidth.

Which is the one I was talking about, and the only one I've heard about ;)

I long ago just gave up and accepted that I can't anon to save my life, even when posting as anonymous, because my interests are so niche. It is what it is. щ(◉Д◉щ) ("Oh, there's Yuu talking about those webcomics AGAIN....")

Well, technically, only the nonnies who know you outside of FFA can identify you. To all the others, you're just SSSS Nonny :P As for niche interests... Let's just say that if I listed my three previous fandoms, you could probably identify me, because two of them are very much niches, and I'm the only intersection as far as I know :/ It doesn't get any better once you add SSSS into the mix, of course  8)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1108 on: January 29, 2016, 01:27:31 PM »
Which is the one I was talking about, and the only one I've heard about ;)

Holy... Okay, wow.  ♪ ♫ ♪ It's a small world after all! ♪ ♫ ♪

Well, technically, only the nonnies who know you outside of FFA can identify you. To all the others, you're just SSSS Nonny :P As for niche interests... Let's just say that if I listed my three previous fandoms, you could probably identify me, because two of them are very much niches, and I'm the only intersection as far as I know :/ It doesn't get any better once you add SSSS into the mix, of course  8)

Mm, true. The moment I shut up about SSSS/aRTD, I'm just another nonny in the crowd. ...But guess what I'm blathering about 99% of the time. ;p

Aliax

« Reply #1109 on: January 29, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
The moment I shut up about SSSS/aRTD, I'm just another nonny in the crowd. ...But guess what I'm blathering about 99% of the time. ;p

I forgot to mention that if you're SSSS Nonny, then you're half the reason I got into SSSS ;) So thaaaaank youuuu ^-^ ! (Or should I say, thank Yuu  >:D ? )