Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255155 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1065 on: January 06, 2016, 01:32:42 AM »

* You suddenly have dozens of friends whose "real" names and faces you will never know. 
[/size]

Proposal for amendment (sorry but I haven't had a chance to keep track of this threadnaught as the game elite dangerous and the study of so called "unknown artefacts" and the seven sisters as well as delivering mugs across the galaxy has caught my interest as of late) to change the above to read as follows:

*you suddenly have dozens of friends whose "real" names and faces you might eventually come to know through one of the meetups organized on the forums.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1066 on: January 06, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »
So I might have borrowed Haiz's box/knapsack metaphor from the gender thread to explain to my Very Atheist friend how lots of people with different views all call themselves Christian and that doesn't mean some of them aren't...
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1067 on: January 06, 2016, 02:00:03 AM »
Proposal for amendment (sorry but I haven't had a chance to keep track of this threadnaught as the game elite dangerous and the study of so called "unknown artefacts" and the seven sisters as well as delivering mugs across the galaxy has caught my interest as of late) to change the above to read as follows:

*you suddenly have dozens of friends whose "real" names and faces you might eventually come to know through one of the meetups organized on the forums.

Are you planning on being in East Palo Alto this Saturday?   :o

(Also, what's this about "the seven sisters"?  I went to a Seven Sisters college...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1068 on: January 06, 2016, 03:03:00 AM »
Are you planning on being in East Palo Alto this Saturday?   :o

(Also, what's this about "the seven sisters"?  I went to a Seven Sisters college...)

Unfortunately no, if there's a break in the storms I'm going to head off into the sierras and camp in the fresh snow and test out a new tent I got last week.

As for the the seven sisters, it's more specifically a mystery surrounding the Pleiades nebula, specifically the Merope system and an in-game entity from Elite dangerous called the Unknown Artefact that may or may not have something to do with  an alien species in the game's lore called thargoids (arachnid like creaturs that fly octagons through something called witchspace that humans got into a war with which according to the thargoids was mostly a minor thing while for the human factions involved was mostly considered a war for survival).

Stuff like that.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
And even if you know their names and faces, you're using their forum names and your brain refers to them as their avatars first ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1070 on: January 14, 2016, 01:18:23 AM »
...Do I even need to say what I thought of when I saw this label on a pair of socks I was gifted? ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1071 on: January 14, 2016, 02:18:08 AM »
...Do I even need to say what I thought of when I saw this label on a pair of socks I was gifted? ::)

Aaaaaa!  Where did they come from?  How wonderful!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1072 on: January 14, 2016, 06:07:17 PM »
Aaaaaa!  Where did they come from?  How wonderful!

I actually don't know what store they're from. But I think I'm going to keep the tag for its resemblance :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1073 on: January 15, 2016, 06:00:52 AM »
When you learn about Hexaflexagons (my mind is stumped, and will have to spend some time to understand what is happening with those paper strips. Hexaflexagons are glorious!) and in the middle of the video go OH MY VARIOUS DEITIES there's the ssss sigil! Now, I need to make one myself...

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1074 on: January 15, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
Spoiler: bad joke? • show
When you google SS uniform and you think if the SS means for "Stand Still" or "stay Silent"
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #1075 on: January 15, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »
When I arrived to Karelia, the first thing I saw was the shop named "Onni". And it sells...clothing and footwear!  ;D

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1076 on: January 15, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
When I arrived to Karelia, the first thing I saw was the shop named "Onni". And it sells...clothing and footwear!  ;D

Oh my god. That's just too perfect XD
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1077 on: January 15, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »

This is hilarious!  ;D
Did they find Onni's lost luggage?
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #1078 on: January 15, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
Viola, I think people at the street were very amazed, because I was just laughing staying near that shop. But I couldn't help but laugh!

Helia, definitely they did! :D
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1079 on: January 16, 2016, 05:56:11 PM »

This is hilarious!  ;D
Did they find Onni's lost luggage?

they did and now they sell all of those clothes
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: