Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255094 times)

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #885 on: October 05, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »
When you can find the appropriate SSSS-themed reference picture for someone in less than 60 seconds.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #886 on: October 05, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
...you misspell "e-mail" as "emil" in an important message and it takes you several re-reads to see the problem.

I was laughing at this a couple months ago and then I did the EXACT SAME THING LAST WEEK
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #887 on: October 05, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »
I was laughing at this a couple months ago and then I did the EXACT SAME THING LAST WEEK
It's surprisingly easy. Also, when things like "and then I Lallid and hid under a table" or "you can hold the matches but don't pull an Emil" make it into your daily vocabulary, and you have to be really careful not to say those around non-Minnions
also
Mom: I read a bit of this webcomic that you were interested in. Are you still following that?
Me: *pauses to contemplate the ridiculousness of not following*
Me: HOW FAR DID YOU GET?
Mom: um. They were talking about some kind of illness? And somebody wanted to go get his grandma? I don't know, it wasn't very interesting.
Me: OK, that's the prologue. It gets more plot-ish later. You should keep reading.
Mom: ... ... *walks out*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #888 on: October 05, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
When you see this photo (and also the next couple photos - I can't directly link it, so you'll have to scroll down a bit) and immediately think of how proud Sigrun and Emil would be if they found that place...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #889 on: October 05, 2015, 09:57:13 PM »
When you see this photo (and also the next couple photos - I can't directly link it, so you'll have to scroll down a bit) and immediately think of how proud Sigrun and Emil would be if they found that place...
SO MANY BOOKS
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #890 on: October 06, 2015, 10:11:36 AM »
...your friend sends you a googlechat message with a typo "I was literatuuring" and you see "I was literatuuring"

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #891 on: October 06, 2015, 01:01:42 PM »
Professor: "Write a mini-essay about a cartoonist or comic/graphic novel you like and tell me why"
Me: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #892 on: October 06, 2015, 01:05:41 PM »
Professor: "Write a mini-essay about a cartoonist or comic/graphic novel you like and tell me why"
Poor professor, she/he doesn't know what will happen to her/him... ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #893 on: October 06, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »

Why, Piney, with so many graphic novels and comics out there, however will you choose one?!? 

Srsly, we'd like to see that future essay if you ever feel like sharing it.  It would be interesting to see how a fan who is knowledgeable about art and cartooning explains SSSS in an academic context.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #894 on: October 06, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »
Srsly, we'd like to see that future essay if you ever feel like sharing it.  It would be interesting to see how a fan who is knowledgeable about art and cartooning explains SSSS in an academic context.

Er, it was in-class on paper, and not necessarily supposed to be in an academic context. It was just an "I like this thing because..." and simple as that. Think he only called it an essay because he wanted more than just one paragraph. It's closer to a review :P

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
« Reply #895 on: October 06, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »
Recently I saw ads about Nordic Weeks in St.-Petersburg. At first glance on it I thought there was something wrong with Nordic Council emblem...

Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

microFerret

• Preferred pronouns: is, hic, ille, ipse, idem
« Reply #896 on: October 06, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »
When your friend is texting you about homework, and you misread 'finish' as 'Finnish', 'toll' as 'troll' and 'hassle' as 'hasten'.
Also that moment when you're texting back an answer, and autocorrect changes 'derivative' to 'damn Vaettur'.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #897 on: October 06, 2015, 10:21:19 PM »
When your friend is texting you about homework, and you misread 'finish' as 'Finnish', 'toll' as 'troll' and 'hassle' as 'hasten'.
Also that moment when you're texting back an answer, and autocorrect changes 'derivative' to 'damn Vaettur'.

I laughed at the "damn Vaettur".
I wish to know how this expression ended up in your autocorrect options. ::)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #898 on: October 06, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »
XD
I blame you for any tea-related damage to the laptop.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #899 on: October 07, 2015, 02:05:23 AM »

pppPPPFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT

I wish to know how this expression ended up in your autocorrect options. ::)

As do I! XD

When you're looking at the extra credit question on your computer science midterm and upon seeing mentions of Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish, automatically think "SSSS"

Also when you spew a sentence in multiple languages and realize belatedly that your limited Norwegian/Swedish vocabulary has worked its way into your lexicon without you noticing
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz