Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255135 times)

KMK

• Scout
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #690 on: July 07, 2015, 04:32:39 AM »
When you're trying to draw your cousin (also female, also with an Emilesque haircut) and she just ends up being Emil, but it's OK because they look similar enough to pretend you just can't make people look like themselves very well

I choked my laughter back while rocking back and forth and beaned myself in the back of the head on the back of the chair while snorting!

It is the three in the morning and I couldn't sleep till I finished my character insert picture and uploaded it.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #691 on: July 07, 2015, 04:58:43 AM »
I have been planning how to use my sheep's wool to make character dolls just so I will develop the urge to get out there and shear them.

Yes, yes, yes; we definitely need more dolls!
Are you planning to make felted dolls?
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #692 on: July 07, 2015, 08:16:46 AM »
Yes, yes, yes; we definitely need more dolls!
Are you planning to make felted dolls?

Yes that is the plan. I haven't decided how I am going to do all of the structure. The heads will be needle felted because you can achieve a great deal of detail with needle felting. I am trying to decide if I want to felt the whole body or stuff the body and felt the limbs or even learn how to make them jointed and movable. I have seen some teddy bears made with movable joints and I was thinking that the technique might work with the dolls too.

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #693 on: July 07, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »
When you're trying to draw your cousin (also female, also with an Emilesque haircut) and she just ends up being Emil, but it's OK because they look similar enough to pretend you just can't make people look like themselves very well

"Oh well, I'm just a bad artist, too bad. Let me throw away this failure of a portrait"
*secretly keeps and treasures perfect Emil fanart*

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #694 on: July 07, 2015, 12:46:23 PM »
"Oh well, I'm just a bad artist, too bad. Let me throw away this failure of a portrait"
*secretly keeps and treasures perfect Emil fanart*
At some point I transitioned from "argh this does not look like her" to "Let's see, her arms are mostly hidden, so her black T-shirt looks kinda like the sauced shirt. Ah, good, she's wearing light-coloured pants."
Unfortunately, she didn't let me keep it. Sigh.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #695 on: July 09, 2015, 04:23:42 AM »
You know you've gotten your sister addicted to the forum when:

*accordion music plays in supermarket*

Me: accordion noises
Sister: nooooo stop that's terrifying!

(She's a lurker without an account, but she's around *waves*)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #696 on: July 09, 2015, 04:34:56 AM »
When your mind jump on everything remembering the comic, as yesterday.
Friend : Do you eat with us this evening ? We're going to eat out with Émile, a friend.
Me, inwardly : Shut up, brain...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #697 on: July 09, 2015, 10:57:05 AM »
When you make this instead of sleeping:

I was curious to see when people would start reaching the Captain of a Sunken Ship title, and got a little bit carried away. The people graphed are as follows:

1) Fimby
2) Sunflower
3) Piney
4) Haiz
5) Laufey
6) Mélusine
7) Me

If people post according to their average posting rate, Fimby will get there first in between 2-3 weeks (Haiz will also pass Piney around this time). Then Sunflower and Haiz will get their promotions within a few days of each other. Of course this changes slightly all the time, so it's only a rough estimate.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Mélusine

« Reply #698 on: July 09, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »

I was curious to see when people would start reaching the Captain of a Sunken Ship title, and got a little bit carried away.
You know, I know I'm posting too much ::) *Was thinking this morning "3 months, 900 posts, ahem, maybe I should... errr..."*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #699 on: July 09, 2015, 11:07:47 AM »
You know, I know I'm posting too much ::) *Was thinking this morning "3 months, 900 posts, ahem, maybe I should... errr..."*

You're posting too much? Hahaha just look at my average. And I am on vacation in Japan. Using subway station wifi. To top it all off, my posting rate was 12 before I left. You have no reason to be worried about your posting rate at all  ;)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #700 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:59 PM »

I was curious to see when people would start reaching the Captain of a Sunken Ship title, and got a little bit carried away. The people graphed are as follows:

1) Fimby
2) Sunflower
3) Piney
4) Haiz
5) Laufey
6) Mélusine
7) Me

If people post according to their average posting rate, Fimby will get there first in between 2-3 weeks (Haiz will also pass Piney around this time). Then Sunflower and Haiz will get their promotions within a few days of each other. Of course this changes slightly all the time, so it's only a rough estimate.
foruming... with maths

are we taking this too seriously or not seriously enough

(wheee i'm purple)
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #701 on: July 09, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »
(She's a lurker without an account, but she's around *waves*)
... when you have no reaction whatsoever to this revelation because you already were convinced that everyone who matters in this world must already be following all things SSSS, just in lurker mode.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #702 on: July 09, 2015, 07:34:28 PM »
foruming... with maths

are we taking this too seriously or not seriously enough

(wheee i'm purple)

Ha. Ha. Ha. Math. I didn't actually do any math. I just typed numbers into a program and it made pretty lines for me :D

As for the level of seriousness, I have no idea. All I know is that if my posting rate gets much higher I may have to change my forum username to Haiz II or something ;)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #703 on: July 09, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »
As for the level of seriousness, I have no idea. All I know is that if my posting rate gets much higher I may have to change my forum username to Haiz II or something ;)
YOU'RE CATCHING UP TO ME O____________O

also haha wow I sank from 15,5 to 15,3..................... which is probly a good sign tbh
you'll know where to find me.

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #704 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:55 PM »
All I know is that if my posting rate gets much higher I may have to change my forum username to Haiz II or something ;)
Or just introduce the "haiz" as a unit for posting frequency... Hertz, Haiz, it's almost the same... :D

"Your posting frequency is approximately 0.93 haiz!"
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: