Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255263 times)

Peraphelion

• Imaginary friend
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
*You check the page comments and the forums more often than your other social media, because, hey, everyone here is talking about things that interest you.
*You start to catalog people's names and icons in both places, and keep track of who comments the most, then consider yourself to be in a secret club of hardcore fans with said people because you also refresh/read/comment as much, or you at least hope to become chummy with them and absorb some fandom glory.
*You make it a goal to be a part of the welcoming committee for all the new readers filtering in, lost and confused after binge reading SSSS
*You also make it your goal to indoctrinate said new readers into the community by explaining the drinking game, making sure they know what gender the characters are, and linking them to aRTD to make sure they've read it.

(not sure how many of those have been mentioned before, but have not quite made it through all 17 pages of comments yet)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams

Fluent :usa:
Learning :ireland: :finland: :japan:
Mostly forgotten :mexico:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2015, 11:58:00 PM »

*You start to catalog people's names and icons in both places, and keep track of who comments the most, then consider yourself to be in a secret club of hardcore fans with said people because you also refresh/read/comment as much, or you at least hope to become chummy with them and absorb some fandom glory.
*You make it a goal to be a part of the welcoming committee for all the new readers filtering in, lost and confused after binge reading SSSS

Yep. I definitely experience both of those!  ;D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »
...When you invite your friend over and have an SSSS themed dinner party with some Swedish food your mother brought from Ikea.

Including äppeldryck...

...and dryck blåbär...

...in an ugly moose cup...

...along with some kakor choklad...

...and of course some Lallicookies!

It was fun!

(from left to right: My little brother Landon, myself, and my friend Fiona)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:44:56 PM by kahli »
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
...in an ugly moose cup...
... that got half its foot bitten off by a moosebeast? ;D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
...When you invite your friend over and have an SSSS themed dinner party with some Swedish food your mother brought from Ikea.
Meatballs. Of course it's meatballs. Please tell me those are crisp breads because that would just be over the top hilarious.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
You start learning semi-obscure European languages and your friends make fun of you for it :P
Doubly so if you do that and your friends (read: the people who will talk to you) *don't* make fun of you!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »

It was fun!

(from left to right: My little brother Landon, myself, and my friend Fiona)

Wow, that looks like *so* much fun.  (And I like being able to put faces to the names on the Forum and Disqus.)

I sometimes make SSSS-themed Swedish pea soup, and could easily get tasty treats from my local IKEA to have a party like that.  But I don't know anyone else who likes SSSS.   :(

Keep up the great work! 

EDIT:  What's the light-greenish stuff/things in the red dish in front of Fiona?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:02:00 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »
EDIT:  What's the light-greenish stuff/things in the red dish in front of Fiona?

They look like plastic fish...
My one-and-only: :uk:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »
... that got half its foot bitten off by a moosebeast? ;D
Ha ha! yep!

Meatballs. Of course it's meatballs. Please tell me those are crisp breads because that would just be over the top hilarious.
Yep, meatballs!  ;D I actually have no idea what the bread is.

Wow, that looks like *so* much fun.  (And I like being able to put faces to the names on the Forum and Disqus.)

I sometimes make SSSS-themed Swedish pea soup, and could easily get tasty treats from my local IKEA to have a party like that.  But I don't know anyone else who likes SSSS.   :(

Keep up the great work! 

Thanks! The green food is gronsaskaka, a potato broccoli thing.

They look like plastic fish...
Yes! our salt and pepper shakers are fish!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:18:46 PM by kahli »

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #249 on: February 22, 2015, 02:30:08 AM »
When your assignment is to make a face out of a specific letter (I was assigned 'f') and you think "that 'f' looks like Emil's nose" ...and you somehow end up with this:

Very Awesome!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2015, 02:33:11 AM »
Very Awesome!

Thanks! I just had the thought now, "If only I'd gotten the letter 'S', then that would be gold..."

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Laowai

« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
when you read through months of conversations in the forums and feel sad you weren't here earlier

Thanks! I just had the thought now, "If only I'd gotten the letter 'S', then that would be gold..."
you can never have too much extra credit...

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »
when you read through months of conversations in the forums and feel sad you weren't here earlier
Well, we can definitely admire your dedication - there's some 20000 posts on here at this point (and a sizable portion of them are quite silly)!

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2015, 09:59:19 PM »
When you sit down one evening and decide to make this. For fun. And it's fun.  :o

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2015, 10:39:27 PM »
...when you see a random stranger and think "That person looks like some kind of strange Emil-Lalli lovechild!"
(For the record, I do not ship people other than thinking that the way they act towards each other is kinda sweet in a semi-platonic sort of way)
He really did though. It was kinda scary.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05: