Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255127 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2015, 08:32:46 AM »
When your assignment is to make a face out of a specific letter (I was assigned 'f') and you think "that 'f' looks like Emil's nose" ...and you somehow end up with this
Congratulations, you managed to have him f'ed more thoroughly than Minna herself currently does. >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:27 AM »
Congratulations, you managed to have him f'ed more thoroughly than Minna herself currently does. >:D

*groans*

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2015, 09:26:36 AM »
When your assignment is to make a face out of a specific letter (I was assigned 'f') and you think "that 'f' looks like Emil's nose" ...and you somehow end up with this:
If this assignment was given by the same teacher who ordered the adobe illustrator thing he must be starting to wonder about your obsession.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »
If this assignment was given by the same teacher who ordered the adobe illustrator thing he must be starting to wonder about your obsession.

Yeah it is, haha. As I said before, she did seem confused that the cat I made before was wearing boots. Luckily she didn't question its collar, because I wouldn't have an excuse for that. She probably won't make the connection though. (though this is based on the fact that Emil's collar is turned down in the letter assignment and turned up in the panel I recreated, so that maybe she wouldn't recognize him)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ookamisoulreaper

« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »
When your assignment for your computer art class is 'recreate a masterpiece using only the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator' (read: using only shapes) and:

To put this into perspective:

I drew  e v e r y  s i n g l e  s h a p e

(and note, my professor's definition of 'masterpiece' meant any work from any artist)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:58:28 PM by ookamisoulreaper »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2015, 12:33:00 AM »

*insert gif of me taking a bow, surrounded by falling flowers*

Rainy

« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2015, 01:43:26 PM »
...when walking through a city you can immediately picture how everything you see would look in the SSSS art style. And then you can't help thinking that in year 90 all these people will be gone and the buildings will be infested with Rash monsters.
Fluent: :finland: :uk:
Okay: :sweden:
Knows some: :russia: :vaticancity:

JoB

« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
And then you can't help thinking that in year 90 all these people will be gone and the buildings will be infested with Rash monsters.
And then you start guesstimating what particular deformations random passers-by would develop when turning into trolls.

And then you start to felicitate those earmarked for the truly interesting modifications ...
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
I've started to doodle Emil breathing fire and blasting it from his weapon, and drawing chibis of mainly Sigrun, Tuuri, and Lalli in my second period chemistry class. I attempted to draw Sigrun trying to grab more gingerbread cookies from Mikkel numerous times, but didn't work out. For now.
I just joke about Emil in my doodles more than half the time, without even thinking about it, heh. That's all I draw nowadays.

I also imagine how the comic would be if it was fully animated while I'm walking through the school halls. :)
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

partofacitygiant

« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2015, 06:06:55 AM »
when you start watching neighborhood cats for abnormal behaviour...
almost fluent, :finland: :uk:
barely listenable :sweden:
nearly gets :norway: :estonia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

TooMuchAFan

• Super-Newbie
  • THIS PAGE HAS BEEN LEFT BLANK DELIBERATELY
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2015, 12:45:39 AM »

- You can brag about knowing cities none of your friends know, like Mora, Saimaa, Keuruu, Dalsnes.

Don't brag about knowing Dalsnes, though. It's not real.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

boring monoglot

Survived: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

JoB

« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2015, 10:13:46 AM »
- You can brag about knowing cities none of your friends know, like Mora, Saimaa, Keuruu, Dalsnes.
Don't brag about knowing Dalsnes, though. It's not real.
Nor is Saimaa a city. Nor do the buildings in present-day Kastrup look exactly like the ruins in the comic suggest. And the in-comic version of the Mikkeli train station does not only have some perspective issues but also replaced a bunch of parallel streets separating it from the lakeshore with forested hills. The key in bragging about all that knowledge is, of course, to make sure that the other guy doesn't have any such information to hold it against. ::)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2015, 04:59:03 AM »
When you see an ad for the tv show "That Last Ship" and you totally freak out because the first few seconds sound exactly like the start/premise of SSSS, (but American) complete with military ship cruisin' along, and then as the ad progresses you're kind of fiercely relieved but also strangely disappointed that it's not SSSS..... o__O
Soon, SSSS movie/series, soon.
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »
... you try to talk your partner into reading SSSS as if you were asking them to consider a polyamorous relationship.

You: "I love you and I love the comic too. I want you to love, or at least like, it too."
Partner: "I don't know. It might be easier if you were cheating on me."
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

JoB

« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2015, 07:40:43 PM »
Partner: "I don't know. It might be easier if you were cheating on me."
... you seriously ponder whether SSSS might qualify for that, too. ;)