Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255177 times)

partofacitygiant

Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2015, 11:19:23 PM »
 Oh, Piney!  :D . Where's my empty picture frame? Does my inkjet still work?? :D .
almost fluent, :finland: :uk:
barely listenable :sweden:
nearly gets :norway: :estonia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
Oh, Piney!  :D . Where's my empty picture frame? Does my inkjet still work?? :D .

I should start marketing this ;D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »

I'm sure we could set up some kind of royalty-splitting arrangement with Minna.  I know a good intellectual property lawyer...

(Srsly, if IKEA ever marketed anything that looked at all SSSS-ish, they'd be surprised how fast it sells.)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2015, 05:33:53 AM »
We could start shipping SSSS-themed Louis-Vuitton handbags for starters, they're all made in Taiwan or something anyways so the profits will be a lot bigger than the expenses  :P

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2015, 12:50:01 PM »
I'm sure we could set up some kind of royalty-splitting arrangement with Minna.  I know a good intellectual property lawyer...

(Srsly, if IKEA ever marketed anything that looked at all SSSS-ish, they'd be surprised how fast it sells.)

Oh please, I shouldn't be getting any profit from it ::)

We could start shipping SSSS-themed Louis-Vuitton handbags for starters, they're all made in Taiwan or something anyways so the profits will be a lot bigger than the expenses  :P

I mean hey, as long as the profits are going to the right place :D

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2015, 05:42:27 PM »
The images do not show up for me :(
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2015, 05:43:44 PM »
The images do not show up for me :(

Yeah, I was editing the post and the pictures disappeared, so I deleted it and I'll post it again!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
When your assignment for your computer art class is 'recreate a masterpiece using only the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator' (read: using only shapes) and:

To put this into perspective:

I drew  e v e r y  s i n g l e  s h a p e

(and note, my professor's definition of 'masterpiece' meant any work from any artist)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:19:08 PM by Piney »

Deirdre

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
They still don't load... And I strongly suspect what is shown there, which makes me want to see them even mooore.

FinnishViking

• Scout
  • Slender and sleep deprived
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »
They still don't load... And I strongly suspect what is shown there, which makes me want to see them even mooore.
Loaded for me eventually and it is quite nice, but is it still being made since we can only see a part of it? I don't think anyone here minds seeing a bit halfbaked picture and im eager to see the whole thing.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
ARGH They show up just fine on my computer. The first picture is the full image, and the second is a detail. Maybe I should just post the links.

EDIT: Updated the pictures for a third time.
EDIT EDIT: Going to upload the pictures to Tumblr, if that doesn't work I'll put the links in.
EDIT3: 99% sure the Tumblr links are working. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:28:47 PM by Piney »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2015, 07:14:17 PM »
ARGH They show up just fine on my computer. The first picture is the full image, and the second is a detail. Maybe I should just post the links.

EDIT: Updated the pictures for a third time.
EDIT EDIT: Going to upload the pictures to Tumblr, if that doesn't work I'll put the links in.
EDIT3: 99% sure the Tumblr links are working. Problem solved.

Wow!  That is a labor of love!  The first picture, I would never have known *wasn't* a frame from the comic.  The second frame has a wonderful Roy Lichtenstein artier-than-art quality.  Did you really do the whole scene in that level of detail?!?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2015, 07:23:21 PM »
When your assignment for your computer art class is 'recreate a masterpiece using only the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator' (read: using only shapes) and:

I drew  e v e r y  s i n g l e  s h a p e

(and note, my professor's definition of 'masterpiece' meant any work from any artist)
At first I was going to point out that it was oddly specific to draw a highly detailed zoom-in on Sigrun's finger but then I realised the first image wasn't just a copy-paste from the comic for reference :0

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2015, 07:46:34 PM »
Wow!  That is a labor of love!  The first picture, I would never have known *wasn't* a frame from the comic.  The second frame has a wonderful Roy Lichtenstein artier-than-art quality.  Did you really do the whole scene in that level of detail?!?

Yup, the whole picture is done that way... took me about thirty hours... *eye twitch*

At first I was going to point out that it was oddly specific to draw a highly detailed zoom-in on Sigrun's finger but then I realised the first image wasn't just a copy-paste from the comic for reference :0

Haha :D I wish I could post the original Illustrator file, because  you can zoom in and see all the shapes, which doesn't work when converted to a .png. (and I can only post so many details, too) I keep pulling the image up on my computer and just staring at it 'caause I'm proud of myself.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »
....when last night I had  a reeeeeaally weird dream involving the SSSS crew. There I am, just casually dreaming about weird stuff, as usual, when suddenly I'm observing them in some weird, cottage-like(but huge, with spiderwebs and somewhat rotten carpet-thingys, you know those made of animal hides) abandoned building. Then all of a sudden I'm Lalli and for some reason I have accuired a weird necklace with a gem. Which must have had cool powers or was really rare or something, because then when Sigrun noticed it, she was just like "yeah imma need that thing" and took it(wow, rude), at which point I as Lalli was really annoyed, I guess I was pretty fond of that necklace. Anyway, I never found out what they were looking for and whether they found it or not because the scene changed, and this time we were all in some place that greatly resembled a parking lot of a supermarket(??). I was once again just an observer and I saw the crew exit the supermarket, someone/something was apparently following them so they had to change their clothing(????). Then when Lalli came out I was suddenly him again and pulling some heavy, black coat more securely around me because damn it was cold in there. After that, I woke up. And proceeded to wonder what the hell I just dreamed. It was all very vague and confusing.

SSSS is even invading my dreams, damnit!
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: