Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255106 times)

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1740 on: February 11, 2021, 07:49:12 AM »
Haha, Maglor, that happens  :'D

Those dreams seem awful to experience but are funny to read  ;)
I had a hilarious dream about SSSS but first the pre-story. It was the time they were hunting the bears down and Emil got under the car. There was some sort of a cliffhanger on the last page posted, so I couldn’t wait to see what would happen next.
And I got a dream that a new page came out! And that something I was waiting for happened - Emil got bitten by a bear! Cruel of me to wait for THAT to happen, but I was so excited in the dream >:D ... when I woke up my first move was to grab my phone and actually check if the new page was up :'D
Of course it wasn’t and of course Emil didn’t get bitten but it seemed so realistic...
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Sevseres

« Reply #1741 on: February 16, 2021, 03:55:05 PM »
You know you’re a SSSS addict when it’s fixing your sleep schedule!
I always had trouble waking up for early morning classes, and the comic updates late into the night in my time zone. Mix the two and you have me easily getting right off of bed, booting up the computer, staring lovingly at the new page completely awake, and smoothly moving into the class. I still get to wake up early and seize the morning even when there are no classes that day. Pretty great!  O:-)
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #1742 on: February 17, 2021, 09:13:51 AM »
You know you’re a SSSS addict when it’s fixing your sleep schedule!
I always had trouble waking up for early morning classes, and the comic updates late into the night in my time zone. Mix the two and you have me easily getting right off of bed, booting up the computer, staring lovingly at the new page completely awake, and smoothly moving into the class. I still get to wake up early and seize the morning even when there are no classes that day. Pretty great!  O:-)

Okay, now that was unexpected!  :D

Annuil, I've had similar dreams or something I was anticipating happened. It's so confusing to wake up from those!
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Absolutely No One

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #1743 on: February 19, 2021, 11:25:28 PM »
Every time an update happens you race to find the location on Google maps and add it to the community map of the adventure. Then you brag about it to your girlfriend and make an account just to post this and nothing else.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1744 on: February 20, 2021, 02:38:13 AM »
Ahahaha that's how it starts...
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #1745 on: February 20, 2021, 04:18:50 PM »
Every time an update happens you race to find the location on Google maps and add it to the community map of the adventure. Then you brag about it to your girlfriend and make an account just to post this and nothing else.
Hopefully it won't be "...and nothing else"! Welcome! :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1746 on: February 28, 2021, 08:52:20 AM »

I've had a dream in which somebody summoned Kokko (the big fire eagle that Onni calls upon in adv 1) in order to fight... a giant cat??? It was a pretty weird dream. The cat was also somehow associated with my school's very mediocre principal and during the dream I gave the principal a piece of my mind which was quite satisfying, only I'd decided to write her a follow-up email during the dream so when I woke up I had to remind myself that I did not, in fact, have to contend with the consequences of having confronted my school's principal and did not have to write any difficult follow-up emails, which was honestly quite relieving.

Mmh. Iceland's Yule cat and Finnish Kokko-bird? Maybe Onni didn't get new clothes?
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #1747 on: June 27, 2021, 09:43:14 PM »
You know you’re SSSS addicted when you see this (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsSnHPIBASO_4G9uyRdfS82RLOhx)
and realise that you’re tempted to buy it even though it doesn’t fit your style.
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

tehta

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #1748 on: September 11, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »
Does this count? Inside my mind, I have started to refer to my sunrise/sunset jogs as morning/evening scouting.

(Also, I do actually have a mission: to find all the raidable hazelnut bushes in the area.)

And while I am here... the first time I ate scavenged hazelnuts this fall, I also had my first SSSS dream, about the team traveling in a forest full of hazels and worrying about hazelnuts falling on Lalli, as he is so tiny that they could squish him.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:18:26 PM by tehta »
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1749 on: September 11, 2021, 05:00:25 PM »
Does this count? Inside my mind, I have started to refer to my sunrise/sunset jogs as morning/evening scouting.

(Also, I do actually have a mission: to find all the raidable hazelnut bushes in the area.)

And while I am here... the first time I ate scavenged hazelnuts this fall, I also had my first SSSS dream, about the team traveling with a forest full of hazels and worrying about hazelnuts falling on Lalli, as he is so tiny that they could squish him.

Whhhyyyy now I have a Toblerone troll in mind, what
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1750 on: September 12, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »
Ooh, hazelnuts! Half your luck! I really like hazelnuts, but my trees didn’t bear at all this past autumn, and they are expensive to buy here.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1751 on: September 12, 2021, 01:50:56 PM »
Whhhyyyy now I have a Toblerone troll in mind, what
At least it's not an Airport Giant ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #1752 on: September 12, 2021, 03:22:09 PM »
It could be! Have a few people trollify at that airport and there you are!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #1753 on: September 12, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »
Noooo, that's my airport! (I could even bring my scavenged hazelnuts there, to enlarge the giant.)
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1754 on: September 12, 2021, 06:09:30 PM »
Noooo, that's my airport!
Eheheheh ... Apart from the antitank obstacles Toblerone, do they still have my the airplane hijacker's favorite duty free shop? >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15