Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255141 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
... oh my God, it's a side effect of mind control! It just cannot be coincidence that Emil would turn into a Puppy-Fox-level pyromaniac from one second to the next, just 'cause of that one poster, can it?
My fears exactly.....my fears exactly.....
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2014, 07:59:03 PM »
... oh my God, it's a side effect of mind control! It just cannot be coincidence that Emil would turn into a Puppy-Fox-level pyromaniac from one second to the next, just 'cause of that one poster, can it?
Mind control, aka massive propaganda network covering every media? Or just generic religious cult?  :D
Didn't now they have been living under one.

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
I saw this:
Checking this forum every 10 minutes.
And then this:
... oh my God, it's a side effect of mind control!
And my brain immediately connected the two topics, and I thought something along the lines of "wait, where did Eich get mind-controlling powers?"

Stuff vaguely on-topic:
* when someone mentions how someone else's hair is sparkly because of rain/ sleet/ ice, you immediately think of a certain Swede and try not to start laughing
* when you feel the urge to check up on a friend to whom you've recommened SSSS to see if said friend has actually started reading it and if not bug them excessively

Oskutin

• Scout
  • Half man, half machine
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 08:14:50 PM »

* when you feel the urge to check up on a friend to whom you've recommened SSSS to see if said friend has actually started reading it and if not bug them excessively

So we're definitely a weird cult and we're the propagandamachines  ;D
We're Minna's own propaganda division.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:18:07 PM by Oskutin »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
... proof that Emil is a fox

Psssh.  We already knew that.  Not just a fox, but a stone fox.  (Oops, sorry -- had a brief '70s flashback there...)   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
I have been called fangirl by my boyfriend yesterday because of visiting this board daily...
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »
...you have an SSSS-themed dream!  No foolin'!

Last night, after gazing intensely at the Chapter 5 cover, I dreamed that the crew was scouting my old newspaper office in Brentwood (a wretched cabin of unreinforced cinderblocks -- I'm surprised it survived local earthquakes). 

I remember thinking they'd have trouble getting much use out of old bound volumes of the Brentwood News and Contra Costa County phone books -- and trying to tell them so, but either they couldn't understand me or couldn't perceive me at all through the metaphorical "fourth wall."  But as Mikkel pushed a shopping cart full of books down the sidewalk past me, I remember seeing a huge dictionary (useful, maybe) and some other, less helpful big books (like a Literary Market Place, which is a directory of book agents and other publishing resources). 

I recall seeing Mikkel, Sigrun, and Emil prowling around the newspaper office's musty back room, all looking pretty much like the Ch. 5 cover.  And I remember thinking Tuuri must be back with the truck.  I definitely didn't see Braidy; he must have been haunting someone else's dreams.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2014, 01:53:51 PM »
...you have an SSSS-themed dream!  No foolin'!

I definitely didn't see Braidy; he must have been haunting someone else's dreams.

Still Lalli's for sure ;). Did you dream yourself into comic style, too or have the characters been real? Or was it a mixture of drawn characters and real life environment?
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

tedlar

• you're old when you start to choose your battles
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
So we're definitely a weird cult and we're the propagandamachines  ;D
We're Minna's own propaganda division.
True
We have Jehovah's Witnesses ready to go preaching from house to house
How can we help Minna to attract more readers for SSSS
and strange and mysterious words like Hippo Shrimp,
and alcool based rituals,
and we pray by refreshing pages  ;D
:uk: / :france:

FrogEater

• Ranger
  • Pessimists experience only good surprises
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »
That pretty well summarizes the situation ! ;)
:france: fluent, :uk: decent, :germany: war gut, :italy: tourist knowledge

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2014, 05:58:52 PM »
when your father tells you that while driving home, he saw a gigantic, bluish flash from the direction of the local transformer box, your first thought: „Damn it, Lalli!”

when you realise, that no electricity means no internet for a while, you suddenly start to grin like mad, because „what a luck that it’s happening in the time of the chapter break!!!”
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »
when you realise, that no electricity means no internet for a while, you suddenly start to grin like mad, because „what a luck that it’s happening in the time of the chapter break!!!”
Then you realize that, unlike the SSSS characters, the RL power company workers likely are going to have a Christmas vacation and ....... uh ... post(ed) your above news by telepathy, I guess??
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »
Then you realize that, unlike the SSSS characters, the RL power company workers likely are going to have a Christmas vacation and ....... uh ... post(ed) your above news by telepathy, I guess??
Hmmm, mobile phone internet is a thing? I've spent many a blackout using my precious phone battery and data allowance for web comics and lately, the forum ;P

Which gives us:
Addiction symptom Number Something: using emergency power and internet for SSSS and the forum sounds like a rational idea.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:51:20 PM by OrigamiOwl »
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2014, 03:16:49 AM »
What is "RL"? I tried to search Google, but the best option it gave is a Rocket Launcher, which, in fact, would be a fun thing to use at times like this, but I can't see how it would solve the problem. :P
(Electricity went out around noon at Monday, came back by Tuesday night, and I posted when the internet came back, too, yesterday (Wednesday) night.)

Hmmm, mobile phone internet is a thing? I've spent many a blackout using my precious phone battery and data allowance for web comics and lately, the forum ;P
Even the phone lines died - TV, everything. :D Thing is: we've got a lasting freezing rain (this time of the year, it should have been snow...), which encased everything in thick ice on my settlement, and on one or two neighbouring ones. The wires started to tear off because of the weight (meaning: not even suburban train for almost a day), some trees practically looked like a giant tore them apart, you can imagine.
Would it make me weird if I said that I find this weather beautiful and enjoyable, the lack of lights everywhere soothing, and have heaps of candles anyway, just because I like to use them? - Of course, I would have gone mad, if it lasted for more than... Say... A week?. :D

Which gives us:
Addiction symptom Number Something: using emergency power (...) for SSSS and the forum sounds like a rational idea.
Emergency power? Bah!

- when your father jokingly offers to build a BIG dynamo to power the computer, you actually start to think about just how hard you could tread those bycicle pedals...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:36:57 AM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2014, 09:50:56 AM »
Hmmm, mobile phone internet is a thing?
Yes. So is necessity of a nearby base station with power to have a working mobile phone. Over here, base stations will survive a power outage for about half an hour, while the nearest POTS PBX (the distribution point your land line telephone "talks" to) is good for a couple hours - not the least reason being that nobody but nutcases like myself buys phones that do not need an extra local power outlet these days ...

What is "RL"?
"Real life". 8)

Would it make me weird if I said that I find this weather beautiful and enjoyable, the lack of lights everywhere soothing, and have heaps of candles anyway, just because I like to use them?
Not any weirder than "person covering all horizontal surfaces with flippin' burning candles" does already color you, no. :P

(My mother's that type and weighs half as much as I do - picture me playing contortionist to get through her place without setting myself on fire ...)

- when your father jokingly offers to build a BIG dynamo to power the computer, you actually start to think about just how hard you could tread those bycicle pedals...
"How hard can it be?"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15