Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255303 times)

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1470 on: July 26, 2016, 07:54:29 PM »
When you have a dream about being in the SSSS-verse and instead of being terrified that you're being hunted by diseased monsters you're just so excited to be talking to Sigrun you can't think about anything else. Then when you wake up there is a vague sense of disappointment that you aren't actually marooned in the frozen wastes of a dead world with a crazy Norwegian.

Bwahahahaha this is a post that deserves a nice detailing in the weird dreams thread! I would be disappointed to wake up too!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1471 on: July 26, 2016, 11:09:43 PM »
When you have a dream about being in the SSSS-verse and instead of being terrified that you're being hunted by diseased monsters you're just so excited to be talking to Sigrun you can't think about anything else. Then when you wake up there is a vague sense of disappointment that you aren't actually marooned in the frozen wastes of a dead world with a crazy Norwegian.

I recently had a dream about the SSSS-world too, except instead of Sigrun I was excited to be talking to Emil. (And then being terrified because flamethrower happened and I flung myself out a window, Lalli-style.) I was very disappointed to find myself at home when I woke up. ;)
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1472 on: July 26, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
I recently had a dream about the SSSS-world too, except instead of Sigrun I was excited to be talking to Emil. (And then being terrified because flamethrower happened and I flung myself out a window, Lalli-style.) I was very disappointed to find myself at home when I woke up. ;)
When you use your SSSS-themed dream to power a fanfic.

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1473 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
...when you're watching the movie 'Song of the Sea' and the dog looks just like Bosse:

Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1474 on: July 28, 2016, 02:46:06 PM »
...when you're watching the movie 'Song of the Sea' and the dog looks just like Bosse:

Song of the sea is such a good movie !! I've never made that connection before but now that you point it out I can see it  :D

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1475 on: July 28, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »
(And of course, all owls are Onni:)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:39:19 PM by Miriam »
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1476 on: July 30, 2016, 01:13:40 AM »
There's a Icelandic cultural festival going on over the weekend!!!! And I am forcing my whole family to go. To appease my addiction.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1477 on: August 01, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »
...you assess all the castles and forts you visit on your holiday for their potential to hold out against trolls.

Fort Nelson - Fantastic lines of sight and fire, and the defences are all intact, but there's little room to grow food and no water supply. Possibly OK for a few days or if you can establish secure supply lines.

Portchester Castle - Room for a large population, livestock and crops. Walls are ruinous, but intact - will need substantial repairs before they can be patrolled. Old well should be able to be re-opened. Several buildings are inhabitable, others can be repaired. Faces water on three sides, but urban area on other - much potential for troll activity. Would be a reasonable location for survival if a suitable workforce could be supported and defended while the walls are repaired and other upgrades made.

Of course both sites are in southern England, so survival wouldn't be possible without some major climate changes :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:23:57 PM by Purple Wyrm »
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1478 on: August 01, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »
Wyrm, doesn't everyone look at castles and fortresses that way? Not necessarily for trolls, just for general survival. I'd choose Bodiam Castle, you'd need paratroopers to take it, and that nifty kinked causeway would probably drown a lot of trolls. Maybe also Urquhart Castle and Fort William, further north?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1479 on: August 01, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »
...you assess all the castles and forts you visit on your holiday for their potential to hold out against trolls.

Fort Nelson - Fantastic lines of sight and fire, and the defences are all intact, but there's little room to grow food and no water supply. Possibly OK for a few days or if you can establish secure supply lines.

Portchester Castle - Room for a large population, livestock and crops. Walls are ruinous, but intact - will need substantial repairs before they can be patrolled. Old well should be able to be re-opened. Several buildings are inhabitable, others can be repaired. Faces water on three sides, but urban area on other - much potential for troll activity. Would be a reasonable location for survival if a suitable workforce could be supported and defended while the walls are repaired and other upgrades made.

Of course both sites are in southern England, so survival wouldn't be possible without some major climate changes :)
Wyrm, doesn't everyone look at castles and fortresses that way? Not necessarily for trolls, just for general survival. I'd choose Bodiam Castle, you'd need paratroopers to take it, and that nifty kinked causeway would probably drown a lot of trolls. Maybe also Urquhart Castle and Fort William, further north?

I agree. I do this for most old buildings, churches and the like.

Also, given a few decades, you might get a Day After Tomorrow situation where the Gulf Stream gets 'lost', so to speak, and England reverts to the climate an island that far north should have.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1480 on: August 01, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »
Yeah, long since made that analysis for my town, and would choose the CWA hall, closely followed by the town's oldest bank and the Gentleman's Residence. All sturdy well-made stone and brick structures, multi-storey, good lines of fire, small barred windows, built to resist bushrangers, wildfires and hostile natives. Possibly also the town's original police station, more strongly fortified but not big enough for above half a dozen people.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1481 on: August 02, 2016, 04:06:34 PM »
When you're on holiday in the UK and you go into a certain supermarket so you can claim to have also visited Iceland :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1482 on: August 02, 2016, 04:27:40 PM »
When you're at a judges meeting during a cosplay competition and the con representative who's going through the competition rules one more time accidentally says "most best".

(My response: immediately start calling everything most best and get the term stuck on everyone else's head as well.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1483 on: August 02, 2016, 04:39:05 PM »
...when you manage to fill a thread with 100 pages of how addicted you are.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1484 on: August 02, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
(My response: immediately start calling everything most best and get the term stuck on everyone else's head as well.)
So now the entire panel of judges is post mess(up)? :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15