Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255337 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1425 on: July 16, 2016, 06:43:18 PM »
Hahaha yes. Sadly, I think neither of the books are translated to English (if you don't speak Finnish or Swedish, that is).

Nope I'm afraid not. I've got English and a bit of Spanish and enough Japanese to understand when the occasional Japenese tourists are giggling at me for my Totoro bag, but that's it. On the bright side I have a Norwegian friend who I might be able to pay in food to read to me.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Auxivele

• Scout
  • ????????
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they
« Reply #1426 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
Hahaha yes. Sadly, I think neither of the books are translated to English (if you don't speak Finnish or Swedish, that is).
Then I shall just have to learn! :V Just give me like 10 years XD
~*~ a confused stop sign ~*~

Fluent: :canada: :usa: :australia: :uk:
Uhhhhh...: :japan: | (Used to be) Conversational: :mexico: | Super basic: :china: | hmm: :germany:, :ireland:, :wales: | I know the alphabet?: :russia:, :southkorea:, :greece:

:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1427 on: July 17, 2016, 01:52:53 AM »
I sense a reminder from the earliest days of the thread is needed...
- You have a nordic flag in your signature, preceded by the word "Learning"
…there we go.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1428 on: July 17, 2016, 08:50:12 PM »
When you have in the clock app on your phone in the "world clock" section both Helsinki and Reykjavik saved so you can always check the time in Finland and Iceland to see about how much longer until an update might get posted.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1429 on: July 17, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »
When you have in the clock app on your phone in the "world clock" section both Helsinki and Reykjavik saved so you can always check the time in Finland and Iceland to see about how much longer until an update might get posted.
Ahaha yep. My world clock always has at least three places saved: New York City (my time zone), wherever my dad is, and Helsinki.
Hmmm.
*goes to add Reykjavik*
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1430 on: July 17, 2016, 10:01:16 PM »

...I might automatically be able to do this in my head...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1431 on: July 17, 2016, 11:26:38 PM »

I'm definitely guilty of being able to do this. Currently it's 3:26 in Reykjavik! :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1432 on: July 18, 2016, 02:11:20 PM »
Iceland's local time is identical to UTC all year 'round, and I know my timezone's UTC offset at all times, so I have that down pat. (By the way, we all'll be having one of those turns of the year again.)

Finland does DST - and since they're a EU member, I suppose their DST switching is pinpointed by the same EU regulation as Germany's. Nonetheless, just adding a Helsinki entry to my clocks is simpler than doublechecking, so ... ::)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1433 on: July 18, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »
Here's a good one; somebody's overly-steamy shower sets off the fire alarm and wakes you up. Instead of thinking 'fire!' you for some reason think 'troll!'
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #1434 on: July 18, 2016, 06:58:28 PM »
Here's a good one; somebody's overly-steamy shower sets off the fire alarm and wakes you up. Instead of thinking 'fire!' you for some reason think 'troll!'

Thats a very good one! Haven't had any fire alarms set off lately here but I would probably do the same XD
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

BlueSkyVail

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Became too obsessed in too little time.
« Reply #1435 on: July 18, 2016, 09:25:49 PM »
I keep referring to things as being the "most best" and people are starting to wonder if I'm okay. My brother's comment today when I said we were at the most best beach: "don't you mean it's the best beach?" My response: "No! It's the most best! You don't understand!"
“Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.”

Native: :usa:
Pretty okay I guess: :france:
:chap12:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
« Reply #1436 on: July 18, 2016, 11:30:02 PM »
Quote from: BlueSkyVail
I keep referring to things as being the "most best" and people are starting to wonder if I'm okay. My brother's comment today when I said we were at the most best beach: "don't you mean it's the best beach?" My response: "No! It's the most best! You don't understand!"
My friend was trying to name his Pokémon Go account and was putting things like 'TheBest' in as usernames. These were all obviously taken, so I snatched it away and put MostBest in. He just looked at me weird and changed it. I didn't even get to see if it was taken...
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

IKEA

« Reply #1437 on: July 19, 2016, 06:54:57 AM »
You know you're an addict when you ignore all your friends jaunting about the town playing Pokemon GO because a new page is up.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1438 on: July 19, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »
You know you're an addict when you ignore all your friends jaunting about the town playing Pokemon GO because a new page is up.
... I suddenly wonder what happens if you run PoGO and point the camera at an SSSS page showing a bit of body horror? Can that AI get inspired?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #1439 on: July 19, 2016, 04:10:29 PM »
... I suddenly wonder what happens if you run PoGO and point the camera at an SSSS page showing a bit of body horror? Can that AI get inspired?

Cool idea, but I'm afraid not. Pokémon go works with AR (argumented reality), not with AI.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: