Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255158 times)

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1335 on: June 01, 2016, 02:17:19 AM »
All I wanted was for my town to survive the apocalypse...
I will nominate you as a post apocalyptic leader when the rash strikes.  ;)

When reaching out for the phone to check the comic for updates first thing in the morning is starting to become a part of your muscle memory.
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1336 on: June 01, 2016, 10:17:52 PM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when you're texting a friend who's just caught up on the comic, and your phone autocorrects "Reynni" to "Reynir-crushing-on-Onni". (The ridiculous thing is, I have no memory of ever typing that phrase...and I'm not even on that ship.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1337 on: June 01, 2016, 10:25:18 PM »
Quote from: Kiraly
You know you're an SSSS addict when you're texting a friend who's just caught up on the comic, and your phone autocorrects "Reynni" to "Reynir-crushing-on-Onni". (The ridiculous thing is, I have no memory of ever typing that phrase...and I'm not even on that ship.)
It's your phone. Your phone is on that ship. It only wants for them to be happy.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1338 on: June 01, 2016, 10:37:27 PM »
It's your phone. Your phone is on that ship. It only wants for them to be happy.

O_O My phone is a traitor.

Not that I don't also want them to be happy, I just...want Reynir to be happy with Tuuri and Onni to be happy with...someone. Possibly Reynir's brother. I may have thought through a whole scenario (alternate universe) where that happens.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1339 on: June 02, 2016, 12:30:22 AM »

My phone consistently expands "week" to "weekending?". "Weekending" is not a word I would ever use in a million years, let alone with a question mark.

Back on topic, when you get a spam email offering a "discount signrug for your door" and you read it as a "discount Sigrun" and are all ready to hand over your credit card details.

(Apparently a "signrug" is a doormat with your company logo printed on it)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1340 on: June 02, 2016, 05:05:34 PM »
When someone returns this book to your library and you're so tempted to check it out even though you barely cook and never end up making the things you find in cookbooks anyway.

Does it include boiled squirrel?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1341 on: June 02, 2016, 06:10:40 PM »
Most important question *Nods*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1342 on: June 02, 2016, 09:43:53 PM »

You know what? I didn't check it out, so I don't know! I guess now I'll have to. For research purposes, of course. ;)

My phone consistently expands "week" to "weekending?". "Weekending" is not a word I would ever use in a million years, let alone with a question mark.

Back on topic, when you get a spam email offering a "discount signrug for your door" and you read it as a "discount Sigrun" and are all ready to hand over your credit card details.

Wow, a signrug is waaaay less exciting than a Sigrun. Those spam email people need to up their game.

IKEA

« Reply #1343 on: June 02, 2016, 11:30:31 PM »

Sigruns! Sigruns! Getcha most best Sigruns here! 50% off, complete with knives! You'll be the envy of all your friends! Senses of caution and tact not included, ask your doctor if Sigrun is right for you.

Olga Veresk

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Il n'y a que le premier pas qui coûte
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1344 on: June 03, 2016, 07:57:52 PM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when all songs have special sense.
Native: :russia: Fluent: Intermediate: :france: Try to learn: :denmark: :japan:

Survived: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::book3::chap17::chap18::chap19:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1345 on: June 03, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »
When someone introduces themselves as a Norwegian national and the first question which rises to your lips is "Do you know Sigrun Eide?"
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1346 on: June 03, 2016, 09:19:04 PM »
When someone introduces themselves as a Norwegian national and the first question which rises to your lips is "Do you know Sigrun Eide?"

*might or might not have developed a personal stereotype that all Norwegians are crazy badass Vikings*
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1347 on: June 05, 2016, 06:33:52 PM »
... you see a batmobile and go "nooooo Tuuri don't point that missile at your own front tire!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

mapmad

« Reply #1348 on: June 08, 2016, 03:09:13 AM »
You know central Copenhagen by heart after Google Streetview-walking every street trying to see if you can find a matching location for page 482.

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1349 on: June 08, 2016, 07:17:43 AM »
You know central Copenhagen by heart after Google Streetview-walking every street trying to see if you can find a matching location for page 482.

Well, that's impressive I suppose, but you're not a real addict until you've flown halfway around the planet to take photographs that match panels from a webcomic ;D

(Sadly said webcomic - Warren Ellis's FreakAngels - is no longer online, so you can't compare my pics to the source unless you get your hands on some hardcopies. Also, I didn't go to London just to track down comic locations :) )
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t