Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 255321 times)

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1275 on: April 17, 2016, 08:45:41 PM »
When you're in your dark, creepy basement, you notice a tall, thin shadow and you bolt up the stairs as fast as possible because it might be a murderghost.
I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean my basement isn't infested with malevolent spirits!
Luth: That is so awesome! LYNX!
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2016, 09:21:21 PM »
When you're in your dark, creepy basement, you notice a tall, thin shadow and you bolt up the stairs as fast as possible because it might be a murderghost.
I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean my basement isn't infested with malevolent spirits!
Luth: That is so awesome! LYNX!

Take no chances with possible murderghosts! Reynir took a chance on them once... The results were mind-blowing.
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1277 on: April 18, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »
Take no chances with possible murderghosts! Reynir took a chance on them once... The results were mind-blowing.
Not gonna lie, you sound like a clickbait ad. ("Doctors hate him!")
To keep it topical... It turns out you don't have wifi on your trip. You use your tiny precious store of data to see if the comic updated.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #1278 on: April 20, 2016, 05:53:21 AM »
When your German workbook features the sentence Renate und Emil essen Streuselkuchen. (Renate and Emil are eating streusel cake.) and your students are understandbly bewildered why you're smirking at a pretty innocuous phrase. Heh.

Needless to say that I've settled on a name for Emil's mother now, should she ever want to make an appearance in my stories. :D
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1279 on: April 20, 2016, 08:01:53 AM »
When you're investigating how much time and money would be required to add a side trip to Copenhagen to your European trip, just so you can follow the team's path around the city.

(It's just feasible, but it depends on what else I decide to do)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Lin

• Super-Newbie
  • fwoosh
« Reply #1280 on: April 20, 2016, 08:26:14 AM »
When you realise you can type “Tuuri” (tuuRi) and “Sigrun” (5iGRu兀)in your calculator and spend the whole lecture trying out diffrent SSSS terms.

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1281 on: April 21, 2016, 02:37:46 PM »
I just updated to the new version of OSX, and the dictionary now includes a swedish and norwegian dictionary? Why? Cool though, I'll probably get some use out of it XD
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1282 on: April 21, 2016, 02:46:52 PM »
You spill food on yourself, and your automatic first thought is that you pulled an Emil.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Ensilumi

• It was not me!
« Reply #1283 on: April 21, 2016, 05:15:48 PM »
Moe !!

You cut your woollen tunic and old shawl to pieces for your new woollen jumper (with a hood), because they just had the perfect shades of blue and violet as seen in SSSS pages. And you just skip your other projects to make sure, you will have it for weekend, so you can wear it, when you sit by the campfire.
Unfortunately, suitable red woollen fabric, with the perfect red colour is quite scarce, but luckily you have still one piece of clothing, that has the very same material left and...welll...Do you really need it that much? Old thing...(Because you just have to make the six-pointed red star for backside of the jumper! You just have to!)

And only one week has gone, since you read the whole thing for the FIRST time.
Where ever i go, cats look upon me. They know everything.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1284 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:56 PM »
*Pats pats* All will be fine. Take an other cookie... :squirrelcookie:
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #1285 on: April 21, 2016, 07:47:08 PM »

SSSS- one of the most habit forming substances on the Internet. And you don't even have to feel guilty about it... other than all of the responsibilities you end up leaving neglected.

Regarding the actual thread topic- The first thing you think of when you start playing around with GIMP is how many SSSS themed backgrounds you could make for your desktop.
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1286 on: April 22, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
Moe !!

You cut your woollen tunic and old shawl to pieces for your new woollen jumper (with a hood), because they just had the perfect shades of blue and violet as seen in SSSS pages. And you just skip your other projects to make sure, you will have it for weekend, so you can wear it, when you sit by the campfire.
Unfortunately, suitable red woollen fabric, with the perfect red colour is quite scarce, but luckily you have still one piece of clothing, that has the very same material left and...welll...Do you really need it that much? Old thing...(Because you just have to make the six-pointed red star for backside of the jumper! You just have to!)

Ooh, this sounds really cool! Maybe you can share some pictures of it?
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #1287 on: April 30, 2016, 09:09:39 AM »
When you look up something unrelated on google maps and come across this. In Finland.

8)
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1288 on: April 30, 2016, 09:11:16 AM »
One of the black belts in your martial arts class lectures one of the kids to "use your words," and you break out into uncontrollable giggles.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1289 on: May 01, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
When your new volunteer supervisor had short red hair and a pointy triangle nose and you think to yourself "MY TEAM IS BEING LED BY SIGRUN!;D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: