Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 253695 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1725 on: December 26, 2020, 02:57:59 PM »
(happened a while ago but I didn´t dare to wake up this thread then)

You know you´re an SSSS Addict when you have a nightmare about experiencing the rash-apocalypse, wake up sad and scared but your first instinct is still "Write it down, it´ll make for a good fanfiction one day!"
I have yet to write said story though...
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #1726 on: December 26, 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when your nickname for 2020 is "the year the Rash became real".
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #1727 on: December 26, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
You know you´re an SSSS Addict when you spent a lot of your free time creating a pic for an event on the SSSS Forum, and when you finally got the damn pic ready it gave you an irresistible inspiration to write a story for the same event, and you did that, even knowing that it will eat away your remaining free time and force you to work hours in the night...

And after all that you feel the it was amazing!

Mirasol, I'm very curious! Write it! Even if just a little bit every day!

Grade E Cat, that's a good point, a very good point. :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #1728 on: December 26, 2020, 03:47:42 PM »
You know you´re an SSSS Addict when you spent a lot of your free time creating a pic for an event on the SSSS Forum, and when you finally got the damn pic ready it gave you an irresistible inspiration to write a story for the same event, and you did that, even knowing that it will eat away your remaining free time and force you to work hours in the night...

And after all that you feel the it was amazing!

Mirasol, I'm very curious! Write it! Even if just a little bit every day!

Grade E Cat, that's a good point, a very good point. :)

Can relate, that´s how the blueberry-story happened... And the "Discoveries"-story. And... you get the idea. :'D

I´ll try writing it should I have the time.

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #1729 on: January 07, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when you have an entire folder dedicated to cute Kitty screenshots! >^-.-^<
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #1730 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:20 PM »
You know that you are SSSS addicted, when you wear your mask to a store with pride, considering yourself a non-immune mage, because you can even open doors by a barely visible movement of your hand (automatic doors) :'D

That’s just great, Lallicat!
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1731 on: January 08, 2021, 04:51:22 PM »
You know that you are SSSS addicted, when you wear your mask to a store with pride, considering yourself a non-immune mage, because you can even open doors by a barely visible movement of your hand (automatic doors) :'D

bwahahahahAAA    :onni: 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #1732 on: January 09, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »

Great, Annuil! I found this one for you...

(believe me, there was a funny GIF between this line ant the previous one, but it magically disappeared... Does that mean that we can't post GIFs? If so I'm sorry, I didn't knew)
(EDIT: now it reappeared, to me at least...)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 10:41:36 AM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #1733 on: January 09, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »
Great, Annuil! I found this one for you...

(believe me, there was a funny GIF between this line ant the previous one, but it magically disappeared... Does that mean that we can't post GIFs? If so I'm sorry, I didn't knew)
(EDIT: now it reappeared, to me at least...)

Phahahahahha! This is exactly how I’m entering a shop next time I have to face automatic doors!  :'D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #1734 on: January 09, 2021, 03:33:30 PM »
I’ve always thought it’s my command of the Force!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1735 on: January 09, 2021, 05:09:39 PM »
I’ve always thought it’s my command of the Force!
Nah, that's for getting to the store in the first place.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #1736 on: January 10, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »

I never had a reason for it beyond  :sparkle: magic(TM) :sparkle: , but I have always done this. Imagining to be a non-immune mage is perfect and hilarious though, I will do that from now on! :'D

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #1737 on: February 11, 2021, 01:37:08 AM »
You know you are an SSSS addict, when your nightmare is about Kades (despite a stressful real life situation which would easily include some relevant subject matter for nightmares as well).

It was a current world setting, sort of. But I was in a place in an apartment building, several floors up. When it was time to leave, we noticed that the stairs down are in the bathroom and lead out through other apartments’ bathrooms (no idea how we got in without noticing this). So we started downwards but after a few floors the bathroom we descended to didn’t have further stairs. We (don’t really know who I was with bu we were a few) ventured into the apartment to find a way out. There was a person lying down on a sofa. The person looked one of our group into the eyes and possessed them.

After that it got less straightforward. There were several Kades, some of them were a hivemind but some were separate stand alone monsters. The apartment was huge and I suppose we were srill looking for the stairs and trying to avoid and occasionally fight the Kades, but there was also a party there. At least some of the Kades could appear just like normal persons and had normal eyes too, until they turned on the gaze attack and their eyes turned all black. You know how dreams are, but I distinctly remember trying to get glances through my fingers and manage to throw something heavy or hit the Kade in the face or evwn head area. My dog was also there and it was unclear whether she had been possessed and if so, if she had the gaze attack, or not. Between the fighting there were scenes of a mellow at home party and at one point I also realized that no one is wearing masks and decided to not care.

Even weirder is the fact that I once woke up frightened, realized it was a dream, calmed myself down and went back to sleep. And the exact same dream continued!

So, I’m possibly either a part of a Kade already or there is one lurking somewhere here and I’m picking up warning signs but not understanding them! 😨
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #1738 on: February 11, 2021, 04:59:08 AM »
That sounds like a really stressful and terrifying dream!

I've had a dream in which somebody summoned Kokko (the big fire eagle that Onni calls upon in adv 1) in order to fight... a giant cat??? It was a pretty weird dream. The cat was also somehow associated with my school's very mediocre principal and during the dream I gave the principal a piece of my mind which was quite satisfying, only I'd decided to write her a follow-up email during the dream so when I woke up I had to remind myself that I did not, in fact, have to contend with the consequences of having confronted my school's principal and did not have to write any difficult follow-up emails, which was honestly quite relieving.
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1739 on: February 11, 2021, 06:51:12 AM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when you start trying to match protagonists and your favorite songs)
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.