Author Topic: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...  (Read 250321 times)

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: You Know You're an SSSS Addict When...
« Reply #1710 on: November 09, 2017, 10:02:36 AM »
When you use the comic to help your little sister work on reading out loud and accidentally go on tangents about the rash and you're not even past the Prologue

I'm not even sure if thats the most, or least, subtle way of introducing someone to the comic. :haw:
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1711 on: December 11, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »
...you start refering to wheelbarrows as "Barry".
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1712 on: December 11, 2017, 10:42:47 PM »
...you start refering to wheelbarrows as "Barry".
Do you know, I  have been using the word trillebor IRL.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1713 on: December 12, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »
One of your family members is sick and has a rash of sorts and you instinctively, and subtlety check their necks, your necks, and the necks of other family members.... it's a shame she's allergic to cats otherwise I'd do that test too.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

PickleChip

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • c[]xxx[]:::::::::::::::>
  • Preferred pronouns: all of them, they're all mine now, i stole them
« Reply #1714 on: February 11, 2018, 11:22:16 PM »
One of your family members is sick and has a rash of sorts and you instinctively, and subtlety check their necks, your necks, and the necks of other family members.... it's a shame she's allergic to cats otherwise I'd do that test too.
When your brother (who also reads the comic) gets an allergic reaction and develops a rash and you both confuse your mother by making references they she doesn't get at all

Also, when we don't know the cause of the reaction and age starting to wonder if he might be patient zero
If I'm both pan and genderfluid, then no matter who I like, it's gay and I think that's beautiful
Fluent: :usa:
Learning: all?
:chap12::book2::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #1715 on: March 02, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
When you read that a professional sports player has been suspended for throwing soup at a coach, and you laugh your head off.

Dai

« Reply #1716 on: July 23, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »
When you get up in the morning, and the first thing you do - before a shower, before breakfast, before *gasp* coffee - is to stumble to the computer to check for the latest episode...

I occasionally ask myself, "What am I doing here? Haven't I got anything more important to do?" - and I find myself answering, "More pressing, maybe - but more enjoyable, no..."   :D

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1717 on: July 23, 2018, 05:01:37 PM »
Welcome to the club, Dai! And I've lately been spending the odd night in hospital, and reaching for the iPad to read, mostly the comics or fanfic, by way of distraction when in too much pain to sleep,  and have thus introduced several medical personnel to the comic, and discovered one doctor who was already a fan. Amusing.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #1718 on: December 08, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »
You know you're an SSSS addict when you have a dream about Minna deciding to post a surprise page when she's on break...  ::)
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #1719 on: December 08, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »
*gasp* Someone revived the thread I didn´t dare to revive!

You know you're an SSSS addict when you have a dream about Minna deciding to post a surprise page when she's on break...  ::)
Well, it happens... Immediately goes to check whether there maybe actually is a surprise page
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #1720 on: December 08, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »
Well, it happens... Immediately goes to check whether there maybe actually is a surprise page
That was my first move! :'D

I didn’t even know such thread existed! Fun!

I had a dream a few weeks ago that the new page came and that the bear actually got Emil out from under the car! I was actually excited (please, don’t blame me for being cruel!), because a new wound promises Mikkel acting as a doctor again and that is always cool (it has been really peaceful injury-wise lately in the story, not mentioning the cows and Surma...)
And so I woke up and grabbed my phone to check if it was really a dream :'D it was so realistic!
But then yes... I suppose, I’m addicted to SSSS ^-^ :sparkle:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 11:01:49 AM by Annuil »
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1721 on: December 24, 2020, 03:06:54 AM »
A shaggy dog story... (you may have seen this on Discord but it belongs here, I reckon)

I have experienced peak SSSS fandom power tonight.
So there I am, playing in the brass band at a Christmas Eve carol service. In between carols, they ask seasonal questions and give out spot prizes.  Suddenly, the question was that while here in NZ we tuck into ham or lamb or turkey , there is a European country where they'd eat shark wrapped in walrus blubber and fermented for several weeks.
Everyone looked aghast. No one raised their hand.  They asked again, does anybody know which country would eat this?
The band isn't supposed to participate, but I finally raised my hand.
Iceland!
I learnt that in this fandom.

(I will also enjoy the scorched almonds I got as a prize far more than I would enjoy hakarl.  They asked me if I would ever try it, so lied, like a boss, and said I would.  I knew full well they wouldn't have any to put me on the spot.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1722 on: December 24, 2020, 04:09:29 AM »
They asked me if I would ever try it, so lied, like a boss, and said I would.  I knew full well they wouldn't have any to put me on the spot.
Bold of you to assume that they would know the difference between Hákarl and Surströmming (cans of which are shipped worldwide). Murphy must be on Christmas leave ... >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #1723 on: December 24, 2020, 10:17:12 AM »
Bold of you to assume that they would know the difference between Hákarl and Surströmming (cans of which are shipped worldwide). Murphy must be on Christmas leave ... >:D

Surely they wouldn't dare open Surströmming in a public venue...  :o
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1724 on: December 24, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »
Surely they wouldn't dare open Surströmming in a public venue...  :o
New headcanon soundbite for the local tourist buses:
"To our left now, you can see St. Inky Ballroom, formerly the city's central event location. It fell into disuse after an unfortunate event in 2020 that was never fully disclosed, but ruled 'a genuine mistake' by the authorities. Most of the locals now nickname it 'the Dead Fish Bowl', and agree with the city council's mid-2021 decision to give it up in favor of a new building. Erected within only two years, the Post Dyspnea Hall shows a very recognizable frieze with the flags of all the world's nations of its time - except for a handful of countries, which seem to somehow have been forgotten. In recent years, the so-called Society Supporting Scandinavian Symbols rallied to have them added after the fact, but has met a surprising amount of opposition."
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15