Author Topic: The aRTD Art Museum  (Read 89059 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: The aRTD Art Museum
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »
//is late to the party LIKE A COOL KID

everything on this thread is gorgeous! however tabea those Hannus are spot on and Piney... I need this. In my life. I vote we petition Minna to put this somewhere in canon art as like a bonus you can buy for a couple of dollars or something
YEET

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »
//is late to the party LIKE A COOL KID

everything on this thread is gorgeous! however tabea those Hannus are spot on and Piney... I need this. In my life. I vote we petition Minna to put this somewhere in canon art as like a bonus you can buy for a couple of dollars or something

Hehe yes. If she ever needs new vote bait, too, I can offer this idea ;)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »
Hehe yes. If she ever needs new vote bait, too, I can offer this idea ;)

Minna seems to be above the fray re: vote bait.  But LarsB isn't.  I bet he'd be pleased to have more incentives.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »
Minna seems to be above the fray re: vote bait.  But LarsB isn't.  I bet he'd be pleased to have more incentives.

Keep in mind that I wasn't serious about that.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
OK, maybe not.  But an incentive billed as "See Hannu in Lalli's oversized sweater!" would have the fans squeeing and clawing to be the first to vote.
I'm just sayin.'

P.S.  I still like your hipster Hannu best.  "I just got back from Tuonela.  You've probably never heard of it."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:00:43 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
OK, maybe not.  But an incentive billed as "See Hannu in Lalli's oversized sweater!" would have the fans squeeing and clawing to be the first to vote.
I'm just sayin.'

P.S.  I still like your hipster Hannu best.  "I just got back from Tuonela.  You've probably never heard of it."

Oh, absolutely - and you're talking about Lars' vote incentive right? Maybe I could draw another one that no one will've seen before for that. :)

I think I prefer this Hannu only because sweaters are the best things in the world and I never stop drawing people with sweaters. Emil next, perhaps?

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2015, 08:49:09 PM »
I think I prefer this Hannu only because sweaters are the best things in the world and I never stop drawing people with sweaters. Emil next, perhaps?

Ooh, Emil next, please?  I'd love to see him in a Ralph Lauren-style V-neck tennis sweater (or maybe one of those Shetland sweaters with the suede elbow patches).  The old-money, preppy look he thinks he can still carry off.  (Except there'd still be a bit of chub around his midsection, and a scorched hole on one shoulder...)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »
Ooh, Emil next, please?  I'd love to see him in a Ralph Lauren-style V-neck tennis sweater (or maybe one of those Shetland sweaters with the suede elbow patches).  The old-money, preppy look he thinks he can still carry off.  (Except there'd still be a bit of chub around his midsection, and a scorched hole on one shoulder...)

Will do, then! I'll see what I can come up with :)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2015, 02:06:40 AM »
Ummmmmm so this probably isn't entirely apropos of the thread but I don't wanna make a new one just for this little thing.
http://1drv.ms/1JLZBZx
Basically I found an old mixtape and wanted to put one of the songs to my favorite chapter of the whole comic.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2015, 06:20:51 AM »
Ummmmmm so this probably isn't entirely apropos of the thread but I don't wanna make a new one just for this little thing.
http://1drv.ms/1JLZBZx
Basically I found an old mixtape and wanted to put one of the songs to my favorite chapter of the whole comic.

You are so gifted.  The instant the song ended, I listened to it again.  What is it?

...Might you ever consider an SSSS fan video to "Bombs Away" by Sheppard?  I only knew the song from radio, but just now I was charmed to see that their official video already has a steampunk cosplay vibe. 

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »
You are so gifted.  The instant the song ended, I listened to it again.  What is it?

...Might you ever consider an SSSS fan video to "Bombs Away" by Sheppard?  I only knew the song from radio, but just now I was charmed to see that their official video already has a steampunk cosplay vibe.
Sunflower, this is what is known as 'enabling' and is in fact discouraged. :P
(It'll probably take about a week.)

As for the song... *cracks knuckles*
Spoiler: show
Way back in the 80s five college buddies in a small town went to see Elton John perform. During the performance Elton John was visibly stressed and upset, yelling at his bandmates, and obviously not having a good time. The college buddies left, convinced that they could have a better time than that if they were performing, and decided to prove it by forming a band. The combined musical experience of these five college freshmen was one semester of classical guitar (Charley Ramsay). But they rustled up some instruments, started meeting in garages, and before long had their own band: Public Bulletin. They got confident enough that they started playing local gigs, and received some reviews in the local newspaper, all very kindly making excuses for how bad they were. They kept on practicing, and got better and better---before long they were breaking into the music scene in Austin, under the name "Hey Zeus," playing at bars and even at SXSW and ACL (back when they were still showcases for local talent). The song above, written by Charley Ramsay and lead by same, comes from this time period. The band eventually dissolved and the different members pursued their separate career paths, although they still get together sometimes for drinking, tubing, or a concert. Fast forward a couple decades or so, and Charley Ramsay's eighteen-year-old daughter finds an old mixtape, listens to it, and decides to combine her father's collegeate musical efforts with the artwork of a Finnish storyteller. Here's a little more information about the band, if you're interested. http://blogonomicon.blogspot.com/2009/03/public-bulletin-broke-from-sound-1987.html
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »
Sunflower, this is what is known as 'enabling' and is in fact discouraged. :P
(It'll probably take about a week.)

My work here is done.  Awaaaaaay! 
As for the song... *cracks knuckles*

Creativity runs in the family, I see.  Was your father's band pronounced like "Hay-soos"?   8)

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »
Creativity runs in the family, I see.  Was your father's band pronounced like "Hay-soos"?   8)
Haha, yeah, that was the joke. (Not from Dilbert though, just 'cause TX and all). They had t-shirts with a fishie on it. Incidentally, the lead singer was (still is) religious, and refused to let them write explicit songs, since *he* was the one who would have to sing the lyrics.
John Steinbeck

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
Ok, so I had this thing in mind for so long, and I finally got the courage to draw it.
I re-imagined the aRTD cast as SSSS crew members, and the result is as it follows:

From left to right:

Riikka - skald;
Jonna and Joona - the REALLY ENTHUSIASTIC cleansers;
Anssi - doctor;
Paju - a really scary captain (seriously, the only thing she needs to kill a troll is an angry look);
Hannu - scout;
Ville - troll bait the one who shouldn't be there.

The proportions and anatomy are a little wrong, but who cares, I finally did it! \o/
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »
Ok, so I had this thing in mind for so long, and I finally got the courage to draw it.
I re-imagined the aRTD cast as SSSS crew members, and the result is as it follows:

From left to right:

Riikka - skald;
Jonna and Joona - the REALLY ENTHUSIASTIC cleansers;
Anssi - doctor;
Paju - a really scary captain (seriously, the only thing she needs to kill a troll is an angry look);
Hannu - scout;
Ville - troll bait the one who shouldn't be there.

The proportions and anatomy are a little wrong, but who cares, I finally did it! \o/
Yes! good! I approve! *Stupid grin at my computer screen*
John Steinbeck