Author Topic: Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization  (Read 32739 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Chapter Break Filler - Planning and Organization
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:39:09 AM »
~~~

CURRENT SIGN-UPS AND PROMPT LIST ON PAGE 15
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1118.msg178516#msg178516

~~~

Previous Rounds:

Mini break and sixth anniversary:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1137.0

Chapter Break Filler Round 2:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1130.0

Chapter Break Filler Round 1:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1122.0

~~~

So the idea for this thread is that while the whole coronavirus thing is going on, we're planning something like the advent calendar for the next chapter break so we can have something to look forwards to every day (because lord knows we need it). Basically, we're aiming for a (possibly) SSSS-themed creative work for each day of the break!

At this point we're still in the planning stages, so feel free to drop a reply if you have any suggestions, and please let me know if you're on board to contribute something!

Some things to currently think about: do we want any special kind of theme or twist for this?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:03:59 PM by Keep Looking »
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

yeethaw_gang

• Tumblr
  • bro....we're discussing the meaning of life bro...
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Chapter Break Filler (so these next few months are bearable)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 07:51:58 AM »
Maybe we could pull an Inktober and have different themes for different days
"you look stressed" "yeah, it's the stress"

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 08:35:04 AM »
If we do a daily prompts thing, we could leave total liberty for the format in which it's followed: drawing, short fic, crafting for those who feel like it... etc.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 09:03:20 AM »
Maybe we could pull an Inktober and have different themes for different days
If we do a daily prompts thing, we could leave total liberty for the format in which it's followed: drawing, short fic, crafting for those who feel like it... etc.

You know, that sounds like a good idea. Chapter break is about 2 weeks long so to fully cover it including the ending weekend we'd need about 16 prompts.

Ruler of Changi Airport

Keep Looking

• Bragi
Once we got the full prompt list out people could claim certain days - we'd want to have at least one person for each day, but if there were some days with 2 or more people that'd be fine.

There could also be the option to just do a work on that day, with the prompt for that day.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if we had one pre-planned work per day (that people would sign up for) and then every day people would also have the option of responding to that day's prompt and/or work with their own creative work.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:10:07 AM by Keep Looking »

Ruler of Changi Airport

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
This is a great idea! Not sure about how it should be structured, but once we sort that out I'm definitely in!
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
I would be happy to contribute to such an effort! I like the idea of giving people slots and then letting others contribute if they feel like it.

The canon of SSSS somewhat naturally lends itself to topics of caution and plague- do we want to pivot away from that, thematically? For extra escapism? I can see theming along the lines of "here's things that are safe to do in a plague time"- staying home and baking, perhaps, or nice solitary hikes-  or we could just do something cheery, springy, everyone in big cuddly piles type stuff. (apologies for southerners, going into fall not spring)

In any case, count me in!

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Once we got the full prompt list out people could claim certain days - we'd want to have at least one person for each day, but if there were some days with 2 or more people that'd be fine.

There could also be the option to just do a work on that day, with the prompt for that day.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if we had one pre-planned work per day (that people would sign up for) and then every day people would also have the option of responding to that day's prompt and/or work with their own creative work.

I think that's a good plan! As I said before, I'm in! As for the "outside of our comfort zone", this could be more an optional challenge to anyone that contributes.

I would be happy to contribute to such an effort! I like the idea of giving people slots and then letting others contribute if they feel like it.

The canon of SSSS somewhat naturally lends itself to topics of caution and plague- do we want to pivot away from that, thematically? For extra escapism? I can see theming along the lines of "here's things that are safe to do in a plague time"- staying home and baking, perhaps, or nice solitary hikes-  or we could just do something cheery, springy, everyone in big cuddly piles type stuff. (apologies for southerners, going into fall not spring)

I like the idea of taking different roads from the canon, like "Sigrun cooking the chicken" instead of "Sigrun slaying the troll" and "Lalli helping Emil to wash his hair" instead of "Lalli helping Emil to escape the hairy beast".
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns

oo, i like the idea of a spring/fall theme as well as indoor activities (so many aesthetic possibilities with spring flowers and autumnal leaves!). Since we have at least two weeks, why not both!
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
A wonderful idea! i’m also interested in participating,

I would recommend the prompts are not too strongly in one theme so that as many of us as possible can find an interesting prompt. But a wide theme such as the seasons is a good idea!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: Planning a Chapter Break Filler (so these next few months are bearable)
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 01:56:04 PM »
Sounds like fun.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 04:05:47 PM »
I've already responded on discord but I'll respond here just for completeness; I'm game!

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 05:54:41 PM »
This is a wonderful idea, and I'm so glad to see so many people getting involved already :D

Might I suggest one of the themes of this be: "how we survived the rash"? seeing as it will likely be showing a combination of SSSS characters and ourselves being good little beans and doing fun things while isolated. We were discussing things we could do over on the mod chat, and this is one I liked a lot :P

Some other fun suggestions from mod-chat were to bring back the SSSS Doodle or Die: http://doodleordie.com/r/eRat7GK00 (also https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=427.0) We used to play this LOADS back when the forum was busier and it was so much fun, but it kinda died down a bit over time unfortunately. It might also be possible to do group viewings of movies or netflix like we used to do for the forum anniversaries, or if anybody knows more about games maybe we can organise a multiplayer game sesh/stream (I really don't do games, but I bet this could be really fun for a lot of people if somebody knew the best way to organise it). Or, there's also simpler things like playing Cards against Humanity online? Other fun things we've done in the past which might be fun to bring back are art/fic swaps and art style swaps if there's interest in them...

Anyway, whatever happens, count me in  ;D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mariiii

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »
I would love to participate !

It might also be possible to do group viewings of movies or netflix like we used to do for the forum anniversaries, or if anybody knows more about games maybe we can organise a multiplayer game sesh/stream (I really don't do games, but I bet this could be really fun for a lot of people if somebody knew the best way to organise it). Or, there's also simpler things like playing Cards against Humanity online? Other fun things we've done in the past which might be fun to bring back are art/fic swaps and art style swaps if there's interest in them...

It seems fun as well !
Native :france:
Fluent :uk:
Learning :japan:
Understand :spain:

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »

That sounds like a great idea - I know other people have said it, but cozy indoor activities and a general spring/autumn vibe sounds like an excellent theme for our prompts. Shall I start thinking of a list?

Also, thegreyarea, I was thinking maybe we could have a particular, say, day of the week where people are encouraged to go out of their comfort zones. Like every Wednesday or something.

And Gwenno, some of the things you mentioned in your post sound really fun and like great ideas! I'm primarily focused on organising these chapter-break prompts, but if someone does organise the doodle or die or something else i'd be up for participating.

Ruler of Changi Airport