Author Topic: Grade your cats here!  (Read 5889 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Grade your cats here!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 08:43:14 AM »
Aaaaah, brilliant! The most best way to procrastinate! It's lovely. And I have no idea how those are meant to stay on, either. The way they plopped the collar on Kitty when she graduated suggested magnets.  :o

Thank you! Magnets doesn´t sound healthy... But you´re right, it did look like that. Maybe the closure is held together by magnets in the front. (No, go away mental image of a cat with magnets under it´s skin!)
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 09:24:55 AM »
(No, go away mental image of a cat with magnets under it´s skin!)
I note that, on one hand, Kitty did not stick to tanker troll, but on the other hand, it seems that Reynir could lift Kitty by that collar ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 12:34:33 PM »
Reynir is holding Kisu by the skin of her neck, and the collar is behind that. There seems to be a flap, possibly for fastening, to the right (on Kisu’s left side) but if so, it’s definitely unfastened.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 04:56:02 PM »
I note that, on one hand, Kitty did not stick to tanker troll, but on the other hand, it seems that Reynir could lift Kitty by that collar ...

Good point, it would be inconvenient to have your cat get stuck to random metal objects!

Reynir is holding Kisu by the skin of her neck, and the collar is behind that. There seems to be a flap, possibly for fastening, to the right (on Kisu’s left side) but if so, it’s definitely unfastened.

Isn't that her left front paw?

I think maybe it's Comic Magic that holds it on...  :)
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2020, 10:46:33 AM »
Probably the same Comic Magic that makes cats trainable.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2020, 10:50:05 AM »
Isn't that her left front paw?

I think maybe it's Comic Magic that holds it on...  :)

I also think it´s the skin of her neck. The front paw is in the shadows. (Also wouldn´t it be painful to hold onto that?)

I can accept comic-magic. Too bad I can´t make it apply to the real-life-collar though... :'D

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2020, 12:04:25 PM »
Oh yes, left front paw, not a flap! He’s definitely grabbing her skin though.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »

The Blessed Felines poster shows different designs for Grade B and Grade A collars - the former is open in the front, the latter fastens. 
How it manages that, I have no idea.  It may be made of Plot Armour?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Wolfdogamer

• Super-Newbie
  • Idk i like music, cats and noodles
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, experimenting with they/them.
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2021, 09:52:58 AM »
Okay here we go!

I think Pepper is Grade B. He can hunt very well and won't hesitate to chase chickens, rabbits, seagulls* (on the rare occassion they land on our lawn since the sea is about 2 streets away) and pretty much any living creature that isn't a dog but I'm not sure about livestock sized animals...He could be Grade A but he would probably pick fights with other cats and demand a treat every time he does something remotely good (e.g coming when he is called). Also he's far too cute for his own good and would probably be spoilt rotten.
*need to check if this is true or not, I've heard that he's tried to chase them but never witnessed it myself, tho it sounds like something he'd do

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3qksoxbchdz4vj/20200508_160802.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw5vtb1stc1tlcj/20200305_154352.jpg?dl=0

Puddy would also be Grade B. She can hunt efficiently, as I witnessed a few days ago (I'm sorry little baby mouse but its nature), but isn't very confident around other cats to work efficiently with them, probably due to her background (was abandoned by previous owner, not sure if she was abused but she wasn't fixed or anything) but I'm not sure about her strength since she is a very light and small cat. She has a good pair of eyes and is a nimble little thing so I'm sure she would have a good job working with a trusted feline partner (there has been a cat she can get along with, so maybe a feline she's known since birth?) somewhere about.
The second pic shows her hunting a mouse! (Its the little brown-grey blur by her right forepaw) Not sure if that one got away but we have a bad habit of rescuing the unfortunate critters the cats bring in, if they are still alive (We do try to make sure they don't kill native bird species tho).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mmzp3hp0xk604i/20200723_162017.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qhg3li1rperpb4/20200502_151233.jpg?dl=0

Now dear old Tommy, our precious sack of potatoes. I would put him at Grade C because he's honestly just too much of a potato to do that much work. He can hunt but doesn't do it very often and honestly just sleeps a lot. This is probably because he's overweight and old. We aren't his actual owners (I think?) as he seems to be getting fed every day but still comes around to receive belly rubs, food and nap on people. Nevertheless, he can still carry out basic cat duties such as getting rid of the ocassional pest and providing comfort and company.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yggh3euokacll2q/20191029_201751.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4i8e061p2fk552/Tommy%20stretching.jpg?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:28:41 AM by Wolfdogamer »

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3qksoxbchdz4vj/20200508_160802.jpg?dl=0

The pictures do not work, sadly, however if you delete the [img]-brackets around the links (like I did with your first picture right here) they become clickable and will lead you to the picture. (Pepper is adorable!)

I´m afraid the forum doesn´t accept dropbox-links as picture-links. But the links in itself work, and if you want the pictures to directly show you could upload them on postimages for example, that website is free, you don´t have to make an account (of course you can though) and the links usually work here (though not on all devices in all countries).
I hope this helps! :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 02:17:42 PM by Mirasol »

Wolfdogamer

• Super-Newbie
  • Idk i like music, cats and noodles
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, experimenting with they/them.
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2021, 12:27:55 AM »
Ooooh I see, thank you sm! I'll go ahead and take out the [img] brackets around the links

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2021, 09:53:36 AM »
Wolfdogamer, nice kitties! I particularly like the "sack of potatoes" - great description. My parents had a cat that wasn't entirely theirs for a while. She was supposed to be theirs, but the neighbour across the street adored her. Little by little she spent more time over there, and the neighbour would even pay her vet bills. Sometimes she'd worry where she was when she was visiting my parents, so Mum made two big cat silhouettes that they could prop up in a front window when the cat was in the house. Easy to glance across the street and say, "Oh, she's in the other house today!"   :D

Denbigh was recently promoted from Grade C to Grade B (Tuna label edition), on account of finally mastering shrew-catching in the "catio". He doesn't look entirely thrilled about it, though.

Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2021, 02:27:44 PM »
He is simply distracted, mulling whether rhinestones would be more appropriate, but on the other hand Canadian... 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

GOBBO

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2023, 02:22:03 AM »
I have 4 cats, so lets grade em!

Dragon: 5 as of April First. Black floofy medium hair. 16 lbs of CHONKK. He THIQQ. I'd say he fluctuates between C and B. Fairly good mouser, not so braencell.

Indie: 4 or 5. Grey floofy short hair. Around 13 lbs. C grade, she never has the braencellz.

FiddlerBeanz: Almost 1. Short-hair tabby. 7 lbs. B-C fluctuations. Good hunter, low braen.

AsparegooseMallow:9 weeks. Short-hair gray tabby. C grade, never got no braenz. Watch out for her clawzz tho, dey am SHOARP!!

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2023, 02:37:48 AM »
They all sound like excellent cats!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport