Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 145757 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #525 on: October 26, 2017, 06:39:16 AM »
I got this message just now when I tried to access the forum:

Access denied. Your IP address [**.**.**.**] is blacklisted. If you feel this is in error please contact your hosting providers abuse department.

I'm not sure what if anything the mods can do about this, and I eventually fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting my VPN, but I still thought that somebody ought to know.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #526 on: October 26, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
I got this message just now when I tried to access the forum:

Access denied. Your IP address [**.**.**.**] is blacklisted. If you feel this is in error please contact your hosting providers abuse department.

I'm not sure what if anything the mods can do about this, and I eventually fixed it by disconnecting and reconnecting my VPN, but I still thought that somebody ought to know.

Could you PM me the blacklisted IP address? It's possible that you had one that was banned, we've had to ban some due to spam and abuse.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #527 on: October 26, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »
...I knew I should've written that down! If it happens again I'll be sure to do that.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
Those of you who are signed in, can you see the personal board?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #529 on: February 07, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »
Yes, I'm having no problem seeing it.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #530 on: February 10, 2018, 10:52:17 PM »
Yes, I can see it, and can read threads on it.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #531 on: February 12, 2018, 04:05:36 AM »
Yes, I can see it, and can read threads on it.

Ditto.  I saw Roisin's post there that another Forumite couldn't get the Personal board to work.  I wonder if that problem was caused by something in her own system, e.g. overactive virus protection. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #532 on: February 12, 2018, 10:43:43 AM »
I checked the title privileges and refreshed them, it should be working, Melu is it showing up for you now?

Mélusine

« Reply #533 on: February 12, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
I checked the title privileges and refreshed them, it should be working, Melu is it showing up for you now?
Not working on my computer neither my phone. I begin to wonder if I have done something wrong *Doesn’t understand*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #534 on: February 15, 2018, 02:14:37 AM »
Not working on my computer neither my phone. I begin to wonder if I have done something wrong *Doesn’t understand*

Hmm, that's tricky.  You can post, so obviously you're logged in -- so it's not like login problems are keeping you out of the Personal section. 

Just to eliminate that possibility, would you mind logging out and then logging back in?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

« Reply #535 on: February 15, 2018, 07:19:38 AM »
Just to eliminate that possibility, would you mind logging out and then logging back in?
Done without a change. I see all the child boards except this one.
There is no way à wrong manipulation of mine I wouldn’t have noticed could make it disappear ? :/
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #536 on: February 15, 2018, 11:46:55 AM »
Done without a change. I see all the child boards except this one.
There is no way à wrong manipulation of mine I wouldn’t have noticed could make it disappear ? :/

Maybe if you ignored it? But usually that is by topic. Can you get to the personal topics if you click direct links to them from the unread posts section? Maybe try clearing your cookies?

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #537 on: February 15, 2018, 12:51:31 PM »
I figured it out!

It was because of her promotion, when she moved to a new user group, that user group hadn't had its permissions properly set up. Róisin is in the 18+ group which allowed her to continue to see the personal board while Mélu couldn't. That's why it was so puzzling. I've fixed the post count user groups by having them all share from the same template rather than each having their own permissions since they all have the same permissions anyways. I've also added a few small things that should have been allowed anyways like deleting your own polls and a few other small things.

Mélusine

« Reply #538 on: February 15, 2018, 02:25:28 PM »
You’re the best Vi ! I was missing this access.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #539 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:39 PM »
Chrome just flagged the forum as "Not secure," citing its security certificate being out of date. Is that right? I'm sure the forum is still safe to use, but wanted to make sure you guys know.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.